Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM

30,421 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
What kind of car is that?
A ricers dream that young punks- thugs always wanna race me with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
One day Tampa Bay will be shut down by a hurricane. Don't pretend we are anymore prepared for a disaster than the NE.
One day, in the year 2525..if man is still alive...

Well, you'll be in Chicago, so what difference does it make?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:05 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
One day, in the year 2525..if man is still alive...

Well, you'll be in Chicago, so what difference does it make?
Or possibly 2014.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Or possibly 2014.
The sooner, the better..

Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
The sooner, the better..
what's the matter w/ you two seemingly wishing a hurricane hit here

Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM

Thought he/she was replying to "you'll be in Chicago, what diff does it make" comment. His/her reply was 'possibly 2014", so I wrote the 'sooner the better'. Good riddance. Not wishing for a hurricane. I live too close to the beach.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
my apologies to you - misunderstood - probably best for me to read all the posts to understand where the thread is going

Old 01-13-2014, 09:05 AM

No prob..

Old 01-13-2014, 06:43 PM

490 posts, read 583,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
I was just saying last night that I wish it would snow here! I would just LOVE to see the chaos that would come from it. I'm in northern Tampa, close to Pasco so it could happen on our chilly nights, but it hasn't yet. I used to live in New England (22 years in MA, 6 in CT) and snow was so normal in the winter. 6 inches... nothing is closed. Here, an inch would shut down the city!
Its always better in New England as many such as yourself boast, yet somehow you like to brag some 1300 miles south of New England.

It could snow more often inland and even to the Everglades (on occasion) here as snow can fall at 38 F. however weather patterns aren't inclined for it to be so. Winter is the dry season and cold air masses are dry. After the cold front passes it takes time for the colder dry air to arrive by that time there is no precpitation the dew points have dropped and the high pressure has arrived, except on very rare occasion. This would be the most severe fast moving due south diving arctic High Pressures that over run the speed of the front.
Even if and when this happens it would be even more extreme to see accumulations you want to see in your chaos dream. Thats because the air temperature can be freezing (rare) but the ground temperature is much warmer and nothing will stick, and just below the soil top the temperature is even warmer. In your scenario you need some longer term cold air that would be bitter and record breaking. The kind that would mess up your house possibly. See this isn't New England where the ground gets frozen like a rock and snow sticks and the sun is at such a low angle it has a hard time to radiate to melt the snow or heat the earth. Here thats not the case the earth will get sun to warm up some.
What you really want to see is the chaos such cold events play on the natural things like plants and animals such as manatees and birds. Nature suffers as well as humans who can recover but I am sure your chaos would make a agricultural business owner want to say a few words to you after his crop, fish or ornamental horticultural is wiped out and he can't help his family, workers or pay the bills
Hahaha such fun you old crinkly New Englanders are.

But I get I been up to Worcester and Manchester and get a laugh when a thundershower dumps 3" of rain in 20 minutes and causes chaos with all the little covered bridges on the creeks floating away. Funny sort a chaos or when the nights don't dip below 80 and dewpoints in the 70's after highs in the 90's and old folks coffins are lined up in the halls in Boston hospitals cause of the heat wave. Somehow we don't have that here, but we have old folks? What gives?

Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,621,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
what's the matter w/ you two seemingly wishing a hurricane hit here
I don't wish a hurricane to hit Tampa Bay or any other place. Some people on this forum think the area is somehow protected from hurricanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay