Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:41 AM

85 posts, read 247,736 times

Advertisements

Hello all.. looking for some comparisons between the Trinity/Wesley Chapel areas vs the St Pete area.

We've visited Trinity (and also Wesley Chapel) and loved it, and planning to move there next year. But I also hear such good things about the St Pete area too, but never been there before. What area around St Pete is comparable to Trinity? Schools are a top decision maker.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,159,849 times
Personally I prefer to be close to the beach or bodies of water. Perhaps Old North East or areas north of downtown St Pete, but I wouldn't say they are similar to Trinity. Trinity is suburbia..

Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM

237 posts, read 390,077 times
My personal recommendation is to go and visit.

It is better to list the things that are important / unimportant in a future neighborhood. With those items people can recommend neighborhoods based on those items.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM

85 posts, read 247,736 times
I guess what I am trying to ask is, what is the nearest desirable suburbia type of area that is family oriented that is close to St Pete.

dystophian, couldn't agree with you more. The people on this board steered me to Trinity when I was looking for a nice suburbia area close to Tampa.. and everyone here nailed it.. because it was what I was looking for Just seeing if I can find a similar place near St Pete, that way, I at least have a starting point for when I do look.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
When I moved here I wanted to live in Pinellas County. My budget was enough to buy a nice home in any area minus oceanfront extremes. After traveling top to bottom of Pinellas County I came to the personal opinion it didnt work for me. Everything came across old, tired and weathered. Even the house were all a bit too old for our liking. It was too dense population for me as well. There are plenty of good things too, just those just got in the way.

I drove from Trinity to Land O Lakes to Wesley Chapel along SR54 and found many new neighborhoods that fit exactly what we were looking for and bought in Land O Lakes. We are very pleased.
You're overly exaggerating again and labeling the entire county as 'old, tired and weathered'. Most areas were built in the 60's-70's. Any other area in the US, with houses from the 60's-70's, looks exactly the same. There's plenty of newer areas in Pinellas, or older areas with a charm (the county is 50 miles north to south). Many options. Also, weathered, tired and old (at least to me), means, trash on the streets, rampant graffiti and windows with bars, none of which exist in most of Pinellas.

Btw, many new housing developments lack mature trees, that you find in Pinellas. It's like living on Mars.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,597,780 times
The two areas you mentioned couldn't be MORE different...you really need to come look for yourself...St.Pete area has the Florida lifestyle feel of palm trees and beaches but to live in a desirable neighborhood it will cost $$$ and the schools may not be the best...Trinity/Wesley Chapel could be anywhere USA...cow fields,many cookie cutter subdivisions with so few trees it feels like Arizona with humidity...BUT you will get way more house for a lot less money and the schools are much newer and for the most part higher rated...

Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystopian View Post
What is wrong with you and someone having an opinion of their own.

I said he should check it out for himself!

I also said "I CAME" not "THE WORLD".

Why dont you move to Russia so you can tell everyone how they should feel about something.

This is why many dont offer their insight anymore.
Just like you offered an opinion, I offered an opinion too.

Obviously you were bothered by my response, as much as I was bothered by yours.

Btw, for my standards, I think Land O' Lakes is in the boonies, conveniences are miles a way and a good beach is 2 hrs by car.

You don't see me advertizing it though.

The only good thing you wrote was that he should check the area for himself.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,970,686 times
I'd live in St. Pete over The Chap and Trinity any day. However, I'm single with no strings attached so of course I would pick St. Pete.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,606,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Just like you offered an opinion, I offered an opinion too.

Obviously you were bothered by my response, as much as I was bothered by yours.

Btw, for my standards, I think Land O' Lakes is in the boonies, conveniences are miles a way and a good beach is 2 hrs by car.

You don't see me advertizing it though.

The only good thing you wrote was that he should check the area for himself.
Have you been to LOL lately? My address is land o lakes. Just did google maps for clearwater beach, 37 miles, 45 mins.
I have tons of shopping within a few miles. Wiregrass, Grove shops & theatre. Can be on the interstate in a matter of five mins).
I lived in St Pete for 17 years and in LOL, WC for 2. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I also spent a little time in Spring Hill, ack...now that is in the boonies. Though some that live there find it a great place. Just a matter of opinion.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Have you been to LOL lately? My address is land o lakes. Just did google maps for clearwater beach, 37 miles, 45 mins.
I have tons of shopping within a few miles. Wiregrass, Grove shops & theatre. Can be on the interstate in a matter of five mins).
I lived in St Pete for 17 years and in LOL, WC for 2. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I also spent a little time in Spring Hill, ack...now that is in the boonies. Though some that live there find it a great place. Just a matter of opinion.
Lately? I was up there 1 1/2 yrs ago at a friend's house. Nice house but in the back there were cows doing their thing(awesome pool with a cow view?).

Everything is relative. I just don't like people dissing an entire county(LOL is well.. a town, not a county). I can't accept that the entire county is weathered, tired and old. There's desirable and less desirable areas. Old NorthEast, Snell Isle, BellAir/Bluffs, parts of Seminole/West Largo, Boca Ciega, South Pasadena, Palm Harbor, Countryside, Safety Harbor/Oldsmar, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs(beautiful areas by Howard Park), are probably just as desirable as LOL and right next to the water. Did he/she check all these? And I won't get into the beaches (from Tierra Verde up to North CLW beach)..those are on a different level.

Spring Hill is close to Crystal river (a plus for me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay