Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:01 PM

384 posts, read 2,221,040 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Oak Creek in Wesley Chapel? It seems like a smaller community but lots of good deals on houses there. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 10:26 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Hey Sue,

Oak Creek is a relatively new CDD community with homes being built by Suarez, Inland, and Cardel. Each builder has inventory available on their websites.

Also, from our MLS, there are 13 Oak Creek homes currently on the re-sale market.

Oak Creek is in a fast growing area of the northeast Tampa Bay area.

Hope this helps!
TampaKaren.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:57 PM

Thanks Karen!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM

68 posts, read 288,806 times
I drive around the area a lot for my job and I think Oak Creek is a nice spot. The surroundings are rural right now, but a new Publix is going in a mile or two away and that area is really exploding.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Thanks WC Dad, that is good to know!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:05 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I had a contract on a home but pulled out. I'm glad I did, because the house was sold later for $ 80,000.- less than my contract was. The CDD is pretty high, but they promissed it to be a beautiful community. I live in Wesley Chapel and for the last 2 years all you hear is talk about a Publix and more, but so far nothing. It will take a couple of years before the shops will open over here but by than the prices probable will go up. I love Wesley Chapel and wish more shops were here. Before buying in Oak Creek or Watergrass, Country Walk, look around and read a lot, because they promiss pools etc., but what year? Some people live in their homes for over a year and pay CDD's but have no pool and there was an article in the news paper about a law suit in one of the communities about the pool that still wasn't started on.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:37 PM

Bentlebee,
Thank you for your information. We certainly don't want to pay CDDs for no pool for a few years. I appreciate your honesty. It is amazing how much the prices are dropping in that community, especially the inventory homes. That raised a red flag for me and made me wonder what was wrong with the community. We are interested in lots of different neighborhoods in WC, so maybe we will skip looking at Oak Creek. I am glad to hear that you love WC. We used to live in Pinellas co. and moved to NC but are moving back to FL and want to live somewhere with families and newer homes. Thank you everyone for the info.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
You might give it a thought but New River fase 2, is going to build new homes and they have an elementary school that will open in the beginning of 2008. They going to have a CDD. New River fase 1 has a pool area and has resales. So has Bridgewater but they don't have a pool area. Seven Oaks is beautiful and there are some resales and new build homes. The club house is amazing. For buying it is a great time. Some friends of mine have bought inventory homes (still under construction) and still got money of the contract price because the builders offered lower and lower to new buyers. So just keep asking, it's a buyers time now.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Oak Creek does have a pool already, so I'm not sure what the comments around that were about.

New River Phase II looks good too, or Countrywalk/Watergrass if you're looking for something more upscale. I think prices are dropping everywhere in Tampa.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueinge View Post
We certainly don't want to pay CDDs for no pool for a few years. It is amazing how much the prices are dropping in that community, especially the inventory homes.
One other thing to consider (as I've been considering in my decision to buy) Take 2 hypothetical scenarios with the same layout/model type:

Scenario A:
Purchase price: 250K
CDD: 2K/yr
Pool won't be built for 1 year

Scenario B:
Purchase price: 300K
CDD: 2K/yr
Pool already built

Although you're paying a small CDD in scenario A before the amenities are even built, that's more than made up for in the cost savings on the house. You save $50K on the house - $2K in "extra" CDD's = $48K net savings. So you're basically paying a $48K "fee" to swim in a pool for one extra year in scenario B.

I'm not saying these $50K differences exist in the market, but it's probably something to look at in your decision-making process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay