Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:15 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettred1 View Post
Trinity is absolutely loaded with sinkholes. Foxwood is my subdivision. Within the last year 10 homes on my street alone have positive sinkhole. All are fixed or in process of being fixed. The next street over is gooseberry court. They are currently stabilizing 2 right now. A total of 7 alone with the last year at specific end of the street. Not to mention the HUGE SINKHOLE that opened up on GOLD DUST COURT also in Foxwood. Huge whole opened 3 weeks ago and so far hoa has bandaided it with rock. It was inspected and tested my engineering company and the whoe goes down 35 feet. The home that is closest to whole that the end of the driveway/ sidewalk was affected have not been able to access garage or driveway with their cars. Yes this is going on 3 weeks later. It's a huge hush hush cause trinity is supposto be the hot spot!! Well come drive thru this subdivision. Trinity sinkholes are kept a secret cause they don't want a advertised sinkhole reputation!
Why wasn't it on the news if it was such a huge sinkhole as you are stating....I know someone who lives on that street and I checked it out and that house is one of the sink hole homes...but if it was HUGE than it would absolutely be on the news so I assume your definition and what is considered NEWS might be of a different size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 03:56 PM

6 posts, read 13,500 times
If I could upload pictures I would be happy to send you them. Not everything is on the news especially when your in a neighborhood with a HOA and gated community. It would be trespassing unless it police/ fire rescue.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:01 PM

I can assure you that whoever you claim to know on the street is well aware of the outrage the homeowners are on that end of the street. If I were to compare it in size to something it's bigger than a standard size self standing jacuzzi . The depth is aprox 8 feet down that caved in and testing confirmed it goes about 35 feet down.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Most people don't want it on the news due to the less people being interested to buy and causing values to go down.

I think the person I know will be regretting the full price offer they got a few years back when their house was on the market without it being a sinkhole home...but I guess. Karma was on the side of the potential buyer who avoided to buy a future sinkhole home...

Old 03-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Agree. If your close by drive by and follow a car in to see for yourself. It's currently filled with rock right now. Coned , baracaded and flagged off. The street and driveway and sidewalk need to be redone once it is officially stabilized but since alot of kids on street leaving it open was more of a danger. Word is they are grouting it starting tomorrow. Scary thing is will any more pop open at that time. I know no place is deemed no sinkhole zone. However this many houses just on these 2 streets alone in same neighborhood not to mention the other properties scattered throughout .. It's not normal. These homes were not part of the sinkhole collect and run deal that was happening a few years ago. These are claimed that are less than 2 years old. Do you know of a home that had been underpinned that has had continued issues since? Grouting is a whole different story but was wondering on the underpinning?

Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 AM

85 posts, read 249,204 times
Thank you all for the suggestions and comments.

I like the atmosphere and "new" look of those areas (Wesley Chapel & Trinity). Are there any other areas locally that have that "new" look to it than I overseeing? I drove through areas of Lutz, LOL - and those areas seemed to lack the "new" and modern look to them than I going for. Also looking for great schools, too!

Thanks again!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,461,827 times
What communities have you driven through in Wesley Chapel and Land O Lakes that are missing the 'New Look'?

Have you driven through Dupree Lakes, Concord Station, Connerton, Alsace, Watergrass, Seven Oaks, Union Park, Ashton Oaks, Terra Bella, Wellington Manor, Stonegate, etc...?

All these are New Home Communities. There are many others and even some of the established communities have the NEW LOOK.

If you are only here for a short time please post what you have seen and your opinion. Can easily write down some addresses for these places. Don't leave without checking them out. Some really are outstanding!!!!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:13 AM

85 posts, read 249,204 times
Perhaps I mis-spoke. I found Trinity AND Wesley Chapel to be very current and new, which is what I like.

While some areas of LOL were nice, I found the commercial areas to be very dated in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay