U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 06:11 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,080,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I watched Jim McMahon during his career (even read his autobiography). The guy has always been anti-establishment - anti-NFL management. Now he's crawling back to them to complain that they didn't take care of him during his NFL career? He took every opportunity during his career to thumb his nose at the NFL. Can't feel sorry for him.
Never read his autobiography, but I always kind of liked McMahon. Although I've never understood why someone would be part of something they're not in agreement with. Money, I guess. Well, we'll see where this goes. If they really do have a case, it'll probably settle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 06:17 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,244,921 times
Ian Beckels, former Bucs OL and now on radio, used to talk about how he demanded the trainers give him toradol shots (toradol is a NSAID like motrin, but injectable)....he'd go to the head coach Ray Rhodes when the trainer refused to give him the shot - and Rhodes would override the trainer's recommendation. The player has to take responsibility for what he allowed to go into his body. They are adults - they weren't held down against their will and administered medications. They were aware of the potential and inherent risks involved with being a football player - now they've got their hands out for the money grab.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Ian Beckels, former Bucs OL and now on radio, used to talk about how he demanded the trainers give him toradol shots (toradol is a NSAID like motrin, but injectable)....he'd go to the head coach Ray Rhodes when the trainer refused to give him the shot - and Rhodes would override the trainer's recommendation. The player has to take responsibility for what he allowed to go into his body. They are adults - they weren't held down against their will and administered medications. They were aware of the potential and inherent risks involved with being a football player - now they've got their hands out for the money grab.
My point was, if they knew what the risk was, that's one thing. But to not be informed that there is a broken neck or other bone, for example, and told that there is a "little sprain, here, take this you'll feel better", that's another matter entirely.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:21 AM

4,825 posts, read 3,485,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
My point was, if they knew what the risk was, that's one thing. But to not be informed that there is a broken neck or other bone, for example, and told that there is a "little sprain, here, take this you'll feel better", that's another matter entirely.
I thought the team doctor does not work for the team, or there is a doctor that works for the NFL or the players union on staff.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I thought the team doctor does not work for the team, or there is a doctor that works for the NFL or the players union on staff.
I don't know. I guess I'll have to delve into the suit to find out how that's done. I guess what it comes down to is the old question "What did they know and when did they know it?"

Old 05-21-2014, 10:09 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,900,960 times
Team doctors USED to work for the team... this is no longer the case once concussions came to light.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Team doctors USED to work for the team... this is no longer the case once concussions came to light.
Interesting, thanks for posting this. I guess it's all outsourced now. Maybe they should just limit the function to having emergency personnel on standby at the practices and games, and let the players see their own doctors.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:05 PM

something tells me that these millionaire athletes lived high on the hog and didn't manage their money correctly - ran out of money- and are looking for NFL owners to give them some more

Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
something tells me that these millionaire athletes lived high on the hog and didn't manage their money correctly - ran out of money- and are looking for NFL owners to give them some more
If so, that's a pretty heavy roll of the dice. I just wonder if the lawyers for the players are working on contingency. If so, it's probably a good case. If not, well...

Old 05-22-2014, 05:30 PM

Hate to change the subject, but I do think the Bucs are having cheerleader tryouts for any posters here interested.

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 05-25-2014 at 11:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay