Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 AM

571 posts, read 789,855 times

Advertisements

Maybe everyone else isn't the problem? You sound obnoxious quite frankly.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:44 AM

877 posts, read 1,909,172 times
I would think someone who had a MBA from Harvard would have a much better grasp of grammar.

Don't feed the troll folks.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,171,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicd View Post
I am a single, white, career oriented young professional Harvard MBA 29 years old with an income over 150K yr. I travel for work all over the states and am self employed, but my home is here since my family lives here too. Living now since 2003.

My problem is that my social life here is awful and I have noticed that it has brought me down to a level of people I normally should not be in company of. I have meet nice people don't get me wrong but most of those I met are either unemployed, have a criminal record, have multiple kids, have mediocre jobs, do drugs, sell drugs, lie about everything, have huge drama issues, have no degree and if they do its some crap degree, have never traveled outside the country or could hold an intellectual conversation and this happens to me all the time.

Dating here has been a complete nightmare, even did the Speed Dating, and would never go again. People are not very approachable, have a cocky attitude, cannot really stir up a conversation or show any interest and if they hint then unless you come up to them they wont say anything. I have no issues attracting women but I always find that I attract the wrong ones all the time unintentionally. I have very high standards and unfortunately I was not able to meet anyone who fit my standards either.
I feel the girls here either are too slutty, act too stuck up for their own worth and have nothing to offer for me in a relationship. Their looks are worthless without the rest of the package.

Ybor itself is a death wish waiting to happen, on 2 occasions I have been there someone gets shot. Ybor brings all kinds of people from all the surrounding areas imaginable starting since age 16 and up. Now I am very afraid of going there.

I feel depressed here, have no friends and often find spending time alone to avoid the Tampa crap. So now I am considering moving out of Florida and am willing to sacrifice the weather for a better quality of life and social life for me and my future and for business. Of course Miami is out of the question.

Or am i missing something under my nose?

Can anyone please make a suggestion?

A few places crossed my mind up north (Maryland, Mass, Seattle, North Carolina?)

I will have to rent first but also don’t want to blow a lot of money on rent either.
Try lowering your standards a bit. No one is perfect (including you). Having no degree or some degree should not be an issue. You're not any better than anyone else because you went to Harvard. I usually don't start a conversation announcing to people I went to x,y,z university and make this amt of money. We're all equal and $ has nothing to do with 'real' friendships.

The people you attract (you plural), says a lot about your character. Maybe you will fit in Seattle, even though it has a lot of druggies too. The Seattle freeze might suit you well though.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:35 AM

388 posts, read 535,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
I would think someone who had a MBA from Harvard would have a much better grasp of grammar.

Haha.. You beat me to it

Old 02-23-2014, 11:55 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,194,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Don't want to jump to anything and want to give you the benefit of the doubt but are you saying talking sports is a "lower" form of discussion?
Or "reduced" to talking only about the weather. That's what everybody seems to be talking here all the time.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:14 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,892,316 times
Charlotte / Atlanta / Raleigh

Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,892,316 times
if ur in banking / trading then go with charlotte.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:54 PM

30,337 posts, read 21,137,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Or "reduced" to talking only about the weather. That's what everybody seems to be talking here all the time.
The weather sure sucks now.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:30 PM

35,631 posts, read 20,981,876 times
with that $ and mind I'd be in Ft Laud, WPB and Miami- not sure what the prob is--but that where it's at-- unless you to NY, Paris or London or LA, far as social,,, Tampa is NOT and never has been the social mecca, and I come from S. FL- in Orlando now and hoping to find more " life"

Old 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM

3 posts, read 9,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post

Here is an English professor giving grammar advice, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay