U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM

34,258 posts, read 41,302,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicd View Post
Though I agree that I may sound judgmental, you dont know me to make a call if I am fun to hang out with. I may not be fun to hang out with if you want to include me in a company of people that go out to shady places, risk getting shot or just drinking beer all the time. I can afford to do many fun things, my company however cannot. Do you have a child, if you do would you want better or worse for them?

Oh nice, recommend me to a life coach, pathetic last resort response to a problem that doctors prescribe to mental patients. Your advice is worthless just like the doctors and the medical system here.
Your reply and your initial post speaks volumes as to why you have no friends.. enjoy your solitude..

Old 02-23-2014, 03:37 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,531,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicd View Post

Oh nice, recommend me to a life coach, pathetic last resort response to a problem that doctors prescribe to mental patients. Your advice is worthless just like the doctors and the medical system here.
For someone who claims to be highly educated, you certainly missed the mark here. Life Coaches are trained to be highly insightful and skilled in overall assessment of their clients' lives, which include professional actors and athletes, to give them an objective view and offer direction and guidance. Not sure where you got the idea that they are for "mental patients" which, btw, is not the most intelligible use of words to describe mentally ill individuals.

Jambo was simply offering a suggestion from which you might benefit. Having an open mind about what life can offer you could present so many opportunities you might not have considered yourself.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:49 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,609,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Don't want to jump to anything and want to give you the benefit of the doubt but are you saying talking sports is a "lower" form of discussion?
I don't either, but a bunch of guys chasing a ball in a field is not rocket science...or fine art...meaning it gets old quick for non sports fans...I like to watch figure skating sometimes, but a conversation about it would be really short and not brain challenging! JMO again, we're not all going to agree on everything...you, and I and the OP did not grow up in the same house!

Old 02-23-2014, 03:55 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,609,851 times
So let's see...if someone needs a "life coach" does that mean they don't have parents???? This is such a fake insane job it's not funny! "Guidance" in life comes from parents FYI!

Old 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,988,154 times
It can be hard to meet quality people here. You might consider checking out Meetup.com. They have a group for most interests and the people I've met via these groups are really terrific. I wish you well.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:05 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,531,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
I don't either, but a bunch of guys chasing a ball in a field is not rocket science...or fine art...meaning it gets old quick for non sports fans...I like to watch figure skating sometimes, but a conversation about it would be really short and not brain challenging! JMO again, we're not all going to agree on everything...you, and I and the OP did not grow up in the same house!
Point taken, and thanks for offering a further explanation. There are, however, some more intelligent angles you can add to a sports conversation if you (you in general) are into statistics making predictions and the like more interesting/stimulating. Some pitchers have been known to use physics equations to translate their velocity, distance from mound to batters box, etc. into improving their game. But I digress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
So let's see...if someone needs a "life coach" does that mean they don't have parents???? This is a fake insane job it's not funny! "Guidance" in life comes from parents FYI!
What?? Um, it could mean alot of things but getting an educated, objective view could be quite useful. Personally, I haven't used one but if I were educated in a very specific field and found myself disillusioned years into my career or unsettled (for whatever reason) and wanted to explore other options completely out of my realm of expertise, a life coach would be a great resource to turn to. Not everyone has parents still alive, or if they are, parents who could - in reality - offer the right guidance for such a change in one's life.

Like I stated to the OP, having an open mind is key.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,429 times
I will check out Meetup.com thank you!

Old 02-23-2014, 04:11 PM

34,258 posts, read 41,302,530 times
Seems to be a lack of knowledge on what a life coach actually does, Goes like this=
What is a Life Coach? - Life Coach Spotter

My life was helped substantially by the intervention of a life coach when i had problems similar to the op.
Thus the reason for the suggestion.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 PM

15,127 posts, read 31,038,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
I would think someone who had a MBA from Harvard would have a much better grasp of grammar.

Don't feed the troll folks.
Plus one.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 10,673 times
I cant say for sure if you will find what you are looking for, but St Petersburg seems to be full of very laid back people. I get what you mean about ybor city feeling unsafe, I went there when trying to pick between Tampa and St Pete. I may have just had a bad experience, but the people seemed rather seedy and short tempered. If your looking for overly proper Emily Post type people, you might be sol. The people that I've met here so far all seem very laid back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or