Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 AM

79 posts, read 88,875 times

Advertisements

I think you need to re-read my posting, # 84.

I know what a "laydown" is and I am very well aware of NINJA loans which will go down in history
as one of the least responsible acts of the lending industry in modern times.

Yes, the lending industry was hoping for the big check but common sense should have prevented that line of thought. However, greed pushed the market which of course led to the collapse of the system in a very short time.

Again, you need to learn what I did for a living because I was not behind a machine for 30 years as you assume. I most likely know more about the world of investing and finance than you will ever hope to know.

As I said in #84, the future for your generation is bleak. Very bleak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillStyles View Post
no average joe. u need to change ur name bc u think like an average joe. they were "laydowns" if your familiar with sales they are called ninjas in the financial world. no income, no job, no assets. give it to them and collect a big check... u were behind a machine for 30 years, u don't know wall street terminology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 16,568 times
Im not gonna argue anymore with you after you said, "yea we had it good", and in the same paragraph turned around and said "we had to work for it." U didn't work very hard when gas was 85 cents a gallon, and a 30,000 a year income could support u, ur wife, and ur 2 kids. Inflation is killing USA, but the media won't broadcast that. Google inflation from 1970. USA will never change until baby boomers DIE and the young generation takes over, u see that even today young people are very sensitive to scams in record numbers. We don't look at news for news, we look at news to see how scripted and brainwashing it is. Im sorry but "boomers" were fed so much crap from "the elite", they are now 70 and still respond like whats wrong with that?? its painful to watch people see destruction and then ask whats wrong?. Im like how could "the elite" brainwash an entire generation, well they did. Its sad and everybody under 35 is sad, bc we are the only people in the country who see that in reality a handful of families run the entire western world. We are not afraid of Russia. At least Russia had the balls to kick "the elite" out. Yea we know u got fed propaganda, but at least have the balls to say yea we f'd up and we were fed bs before you die. Going hardcore USA to death, ur really just stamping on ur tombstone, " did not have the balls to stand up to the wealthy". It will and it WILL be written in history books how the baby boomers were blind soldiers. I end here and this is it. I will not argue with somebody who takes up for the corporations who have ruined this beautiful country

Old 03-15-2014, 07:36 AM

79 posts, read 88,875 times
You talk the talk but can't walk the walk. What are you and those in the same sinking boat you are all on doing to make changes? I don't see anything being accomplished. Nothing. You are telling me how we were brainwashed, fed bs, but what are your people doing? Nothing. What can be expected of your generation? Nothing. You will all grow old playing video games and talking on your cell phones living on government hand outs or working in fast food.

You say you're not afraid of Russia. What are you talking about? I would be more concerned with the middle east. I would be more concerned with China.

We may go down in history as the "blind" but we did what we had to do. We made it. You clowns aren't making it and never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillStyles View Post
Im not gonna argue anymore with you after you said, "yea we had it good", and in the same paragraph turned around and said "we had to work for it." U didn't work very hard when gas was 85 cents a gallon, and a 30,000 a year income could support u, ur wife, and ur 2 kids. Inflation is killing USA, but the media won't broadcast that. Google inflation from 1970. USA will never change until baby boomers DIE and the young generation takes over, u see that even today young people are very sensitive to scams in record numbers. We don't look at news for news, we look at news to see how scripted and brainwashing it is. Im sorry but "boomers" were fed so much crap from "the elite", they are now 70 and still respond like whats wrong with that?? its painful to watch people see destruction and then ask whats wrong?. Im like how could "the elite" brainwash an entire generation, well they did. Its sad and everybody under 35 is sad, bc we are the only people in the country who see that in reality a handful of families run the entire western world. We are not afraid of Russia. At least Russia had the balls to kick "the elite" out. Yea we know u got fed propaganda, but at least have the balls to say yea we f'd up and we were fed bs before you die. Going hardcore USA to death, ur really just stamping on ur tombstone, " did not have the balls to stand up to the wealthy". It will and it WILL be written in history books how the baby boomers were blind soldiers. I end here and this is it. I will not argue with somebody who takes up for the corporations who have ruined this beautiful country

Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 7,520 times
So how does Tampa Bay go from being the worst area for underemployment six months ago to the best place to look for a job now. I live here and trust me this is not the place to start a career and make good money. The election propaganda is in full swing. This area will always be low paying. It has that reputation and it is well deserved.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 AM

792 posts, read 2,285,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefe View Post
So how does Tampa Bay go from being the worst area for underemployment six months ago to the best place to look for a job now. I live here and trust me this is not the place to start a career and make good money. The election propaganda is in full swing. This area will always be low paying. It has that reputation and it is well deserved.
Always remember, half your pay is in sunshine.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,353,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
But that's already 3 months ago...we need to keep it going
Then we'll keep it going.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,092,919 times
We have trouble hiring people at my company...and this is a large nationwide company with good benefits and pay. The applicants just aren't there for some reason. If they do come in, many just want you to sign their unemployment sheet that says they are searching.

We've been hiring for a diesel mechanic for over a month now and have had 2 applicants total.

Before that we were hiring for a driver (delivering heavy equipment) and it took about 3 months before we got 3 applicants to choose from.

I don't get it...yet on Facebook, I see plenty of friends complain about not being able to find a job. I wonder how hard they are really looking.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:27 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,060,357 times
That is the problem. People dont want a job unless it involves sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen.

Someone recently posted that they went to a job fair, hundreds of job seekers but only 10 jobs were available. Companies dont send their staff to job fairs to give them something to do. They are there because their company is in need of employees.

It is so much easier to complain about low paying jobs, no jobs, or no jobs that involves sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
We have trouble hiring people at my company...and this is a large nationwide company with good benefits and pay. The applicants just aren't there for some reason. If they do come in, many just want you to sign their unemployment sheet that says they are searching.

We've been hiring for a diesel mechanic for over a month now and have had 2 applicants total.

Before that we were hiring for a driver (delivering heavy equipment) and it took about 3 months before we got 3 applicants to choose from.

I don't get it...yet on Facebook, I see plenty of friends complain about not being able to find a job. I wonder how hard they are really looking.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:34 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,604,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
That is the problem. People dont want a job unless it involves sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen.

Someone recently posted that they went to a job fair, hundreds of job seekers but only 10 jobs were available. Companies dont send their staff to job fairs to give them something to do. They are there because their company is in need of employees.

It is so much easier to complain about low paying jobs, no jobs, or no jobs that involves sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen.
Not always the case. Companies will send recruiters for future hiring needs. I know of a couple companies in my industry that go to all the industry specific job fairs and they rarely hire.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:55 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,060,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Not always the case. Companies will send recruiters for future hiring needs. I know of a couple companies in my industry that go to all the industry specific job fairs and they rarely hire.
Industry specific - maybe, but still is a waste of resources. They would be hoping people they were interested in are still available at the time they want them.

General - Never seen it. Waste of time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay