Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,331,611 times

Advertisements

Oh and PS, For any disgusting, bigoted ageist among the types of people that you show yourselves to be...

Temple Terrace, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of the census[1]of 2000, there were 20,918 people, 8,671 households, and 5,350 familiesresiding in the city. The population density was 3,051.2 persons persquare mile (1,177.3/km²). There were 9,359 housing units at an average densityof 1,365.1 houses per square mile (526.8/km²). The racial makeup of the citywas 80.46% White, 11.16% Black, 0.37% Native American, 2.59% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 2.39% from other races, and 2.90% from two or moreraces. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.34% of thepopulation.

In the city the population wasspread out with 22.2% under the age of 18, 12.4% from 18 to 24, 29.9% from 25to 44, 23.5% from 45 to 64, and 11.9% who were 65 years of age or older.The median age was 35 years.

Tampa, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the city's population was spreadout with 24.6% under the age of 18, 10.0% from 18 to 24, 32.3% from 25 to 44,20.5% from 45 to 64, and 12.5% who were 65 years of age or older. Themedian age was 34.7 years old.

Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of 2000, 26.3% had childrenunder the age of 18 living with them, 36.6% were married couples living together,18.7% have a female head of household with no husband present, and 37.9% werenon-families. 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.5% hadsomeone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average householdsize was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.25. The age distribution was21.7% under the age of 18, 8.8% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 22.1% from45 to 64, and 17.0% who were 65 years of age or older. Themedian age was 38 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:42 PM

819 posts, read 1,407,915 times
Congrats; feel better now?

Old 03-14-2014, 01:35 PM

790 posts, read 1,267,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
People tend to make temple terrace a war zone :
There is only 10% of Temple Terrace that is the "good part"

prove me wrong....I lived there when I went to USF myself and would hear sirens off Fowler 24/7

Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM

I've only noticed misinforming posters on city-data try to paint TT as a war zone. But the reality is that it is a very nice place to live.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:57 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,207 times
Temple Terrace can be a hit or miss. There are some really nice areas, but yet there are some also really ghetto areas. When I first moved to Florida... I lived in Temple Terrace. I was going to USF and I lived at Boardwalk apartments on Morris Bridge Road. That was a nice area... it was quiet and right next to 75 which was nice. Friends of mine live in Fisherman's Landings which is also on Morris Bridge Rd and they like it there... it's a fine area.

Tampa Palms/New Tampa would be a good bet. There are a lot of apartments in that area. I used to live in Amberly Place. it was a fine apartment, we just wanted something a little bit bigger. We are in Wesley Chapel now which is a nice area also.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 AM

Where exactly are these supposed ghetto areas of Temple Terrace proper? As far as I know, there is only a block by about two blocks--not even in incorporated Temple Terrace but in a county pocket which is TT-adjacent--which is not such a well kept area of mostly renters, hidden just E of 56th behind neatly kept commercial and just north of Fowler, where Fowler is nicely kept.

As far as Temple Terrace proper goes, here's probably the most inexpensive area, just E of 56th (the town only runs from 56th to about 52nd in that area) & south of Busch aka Bullard Pkwy.

Even though inexpensive, the town code enforcement is quite effective and so every part of town is kept neat. It's not a ghetto so I don't understand why so many of you keep mischaracterizing the area. And even in that low cost area of town, Zillow shows only one house there for sale. So how bad can it possibly be?

Here's the one on Zillow 8713 Beverly Dr, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 is For Sale - Zillow asking $70,000

This is the ghetto?

Now here's the very south end of town in the Riverhills section...

Maybe this is the ghetto.

Here's a home for sale in that area

707 Grand Cir, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com® asking $240k

Maybe that's the ghetto?

And here's where the other lovely poster called "PURE CRAP". N of Fletcher, West of 56th. Is this the ghetto?

Here's a home for sale in that neighborhood

12207 N 53rd St, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 is For Sale - Zillow asking $400k

Here's what PURE CRAP looks like on the outside

They must be hiding something. Maybe the ghetto is on the inside. Let's have a look....

Ewwwww. Ghetto. Pure Crap.

And that's just three areas of town often put down by so many of you city-data posters. I'll post some more later as I search town for the PURE CRAP GHETTO I hear so much about. We haven't even looked at the golf course yet. I bet we find the ghetto there.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:26 PM

I still intend to check out the rest of town and post what I find, in search of what some of you city-data posters call PURE CRAP & GHETTO.

But I noticed an error to correct so just posting this for now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
And here's where the other lovely poster called "PURE CRAP". N of Fletcher, West of 56th. Is this the ghetto?

Here's a home for sale in that neighborhood

12207 N 53rd St, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 is For Sale - Zillow asking $400k....
That should have read N of Fowler. (not N of Fletcher) West of 56th.

Meanwhile, I Zillowed some other stuff in there. One right near the one for sale mentioned above shows that it sold for $100k recently but I checked county records and the "sale" recorded by Zillow is bogus. That's merely a transfer between family members so the sale price is not reflective of value.

Here's the very latest arm's length sale in that Temple Terrace neighborhood, the area just E of USF that a city-data poster on this thread called pure crap.

12901 N 52nd St, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 - Zillow

Bedrooms:4 beds
Bathrooms:3 baths
<li id="yui_3_11_0_1_1394929159173_4976">Single Family:2,516 sq ftLot:0.92 acres
Year Built:1969
Last Sold:Feb 2014 for $270,000
Heating Type:Forced air

Old 03-15-2014, 06:59 PM

819 posts, read 1,407,915 times
Thank you; this has been a Temple Terrace public service announcement by housingcrashsurvivor.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Just as an aside but if Temple Terrace is such a great shake in terms of demographics, why is it such companies who hone in on such criteria that supposedly set it apart haven't "capitalized" on it in terms of opening locations there? I'm speaking of Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Bonefish Grill and Starbucks specifically...besides many others. It sounds as if it's perhaps a pretty small/random sampling unable to support such businesses consistently and not perhaps indicative of the much larger areas surrounding it? At least Dunedin despite being not so s-m-a-r-t, has quite a bit going for it versus Temple Terrace in terms of a sustainable downtown and city businesses.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Just as an aside but if Temple Terrace is such a great shake in terms of demographics, why is it such companies who hone in on such criteria that supposedly set it apart haven't "capitalized" on it in terms of opening locations there? I'm speaking of Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Bonefish Grill and Starbucks specifically...besides many others. It sounds as if it's perhaps a pretty small/random sampling unable to support such businesses consistently and not perhaps indicative of the much larger areas surrounding it? At least Dunedin despite being not so s-m-a-r-t, has quite a bit going for it versus Temple Terrace in terms of a sustainable downtown and city businesses.
I don't judge an area by conspicuous consumption. I've left the white bread world of Boca Raton waterfront, living on boats, living a block off the ocean. Just about my entire life has been on the water, including a Caribbean island. I've decades of that thank you. I've no idea what is Dunedin, never been. Probably would be nothing special to me though I'm sure it's a lovely area that it's residents enjoy and are proud of. My comment had nothing to do with the town but with a mischaracterization of one of it's residents lodged as a cowardly attack in conjunction with numerous others, particularly disappointing since that poster had pretended to be nice to me in the past. Not a problem. I find people show their true character eventually.

As for your merchants, most of those establishments locate towards the center of larger populations where more people get to them and Temple Terrace--though more convenient to downtown than Carrollwood due to the Dale Mabry rush hour while this area has probably the best access to both I-75 & 275 & I-4, so it is ideal not just for USF students but also for commuters--while it borders urban Tampa it also borders a 15,000 acre wilderness (I love it in there, there's some good mountain biking trails) and as far as I know, the wildlife there doesn't shop Trader Joes.

But as the I-4 corridor populates in the making of the Tampa/Orlando megalopolis, Temple Terrace is ideally situated--by easy access to interstates, by the educational and medical infrastructure already in place, by light rail which surely will have a major hub at USF--to take advantage of that future growth.

As to restaurants, besides that my mother never cooked so I was raised on restaurant meals, besides that I think that Bonefish is garbage (I've tried it at least three times with others who thought it fabulous and had maybe one semi-decent meal there) --certainly I would never take guests there--but whatever you think is good food is fine by me. I think there is a Starbucks, another idiot dive I never go into, on Fowler at 50th maybe? I seem to remember accompanying my conspicuously consumptive sister in law there one morning. But I do go across the street every so often for a bagel. The one with Asiago cheese is tasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay