U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 01:23 PM

18 posts, read 91,713 times

Advertisements

We are hoping to emigrate to Florida in the next 12 months and I need advice from those in the know!! I will be working at either All childrens paediatric hospital in St Petes or St Josephs in Tampa (hopefully). Which neighbourhoods within commuting distance from the hospitals are safe,family oriented with excellent schools, 4+ bedroomed houses around the $250,000-$300,000 price range?? And do people think St Petes or Tampa..they both look great on the internet!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM

99 posts, read 332,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliefootiechick View Post
We are hoping to emigrate to Florida in the next 12 months and I need advice from those in the know!! I will be working at either All childrens paediatric hospital in St Petes or St Josephs in Tampa (hopefully). Which neighbourhoods within commuting distance from the hospitals are safe,family oriented with excellent schools, 4+ bedroomed houses around the $250,000-$300,000 price range?? And do people think St Petes or Tampa..they both look great on the internet!!
Good luck in your move, both cities have some great features. A good place to evaluate schools is on this web site School Accountability Report A good visit usually can tell you which area you are more comfortable in. I personally like South Tampa and the area near Old Northeast. Both of these locations are somewhat upscale and family oriented. Larger newer homes and neighborhoods are available in Noth Tampa and Riverview/Brandon.

Steve Armstrong

Old 12-05-2007, 01:55 AM

22 posts, read 103,729 times
ST Pete has nicer neighborhoods than Tampa but if you pick Tampa, you need to make sure you pick a good area bc there is alot of crime in the city. I live in the Bradenton area and i would like to say that i have much love for Tampa and love everything about it. Overall, both are real nice

Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 AM

367 posts, read 1,536,828 times
Old NE but prices are higher than your budget. You need to be a little farther out of Tampa or downtown St Pete to get the $300K 4 bed home in a good area. Are you a Brit soccer mom? Just wondered with your name

Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 AM

18 posts, read 91,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spainbrit View Post
Old NE but prices are higher than your budget. You need to be a little farther out of Tampa or downtown St Pete to get the $300K 4 bed home in a good area. Are you a Brit soccer mom? Just wondered with your name
Yes, I'm a huge soccer fan...if we do move out there I will miss the footie sooo much !!!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:23 PM

7 posts, read 22,766 times
Tamp/Saint Pete is one of the worst Real Estate markets in the country. There are loads of houses available and prices are dropping like a rock. If you use the Internet for research, understand a lot of the house ads are bogus. As good as the deal sounds, you can get a house even cheaper. A short sale is where you can make out like a bandit. Contact brokers that focus on short sales. Finally, remember one thing. Don't worry about selling your present house at too low a price. Whatever you "lose" on the house you are in, you will make on the house you are buying.

just a thought......

Old 12-07-2007, 07:32 AM

1,480 posts, read 4,478,937 times
If you're a Brit, look at St. Pete. Old NE is expensive, but neighborhoods in the vicinity are comparably nice.
I recently moved there and there is a large population of British people, I had no idea we had so many. Of course, with so many, there is naturally a variety of charming little pubs. Shepard's pie and a pint always do the trick.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 AM

428 posts, read 1,323,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliefootiechick View Post
West St. Pete- the Jungle areas, are only 10 minutes from downtown/All CHildren's and are nice residential areas.

FYI- All Children's, easily the best children's hospital around (if only adult ones were run this well!) is undergiong a major expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or