Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 02:22 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This times a million. For some reason, people blindly believe that Wal-Mart is somehow cheaper. And I wont even touch on the fact that I have yet to hear about Publix selling meat laced with LSD.
I don't think WMart that cheap, but it used to be nice that I could get a bunch of stuff, under one roof, including food. The grocery section has meat that is eh, vegetables and grits that are eh, and not even that cheap!

I've moved on. I can do much better elsewhere if I'm careful. And the same for Target! Quality dropping and prices heading up!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 04:48 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
This times a million. For some reason, people blindly believe that Wal-Mart is somehow cheaper.
It is compared to Winn Dixie, Sweetbay, Publix.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
PRO TIP:

######Do you like Thai curry? If so, RUN don't walk to the refrigerated entree case at Trader Joe's and look for something called "Chicken Medallions in Coconut Red Curry." It is a fresh entree, NOT frozen. That right there is basically the BEST red chicken curry you will ever eat from a grocery store and likely from many restaurants. ****In fact, it is better than ANY red curry I have ever had in a Thai restaurant in Tampa Bay. Same goes for Mexican and other cuisines. You will find yourself going to a lot fewer restaurants. Craving Mexican? Much better to go to TJs and get the frozen chile relleno entree for a couple of bucks than go spend 30 bucks in a mediocre Mexican restaurant in Tampa.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
And I wont even touch on the fact that I have yet to hear about Publix selling meat laced with LSD.
This kind of malicious crime can happen anywhere in any grocery store - not just Walmart.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:33 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
PRO TIP:

######Do you like Thai curry? If so, RUN don't walk to the refrigerated entree case at Trader Joe's and look for something called "Chicken Medallions in Coconut Red Curry." It is a fresh entree, NOT frozen. That right there is basically the BEST red chicken curry you will ever eat from a grocery store and likely from many restaurants. ****In fact, it is better than ANY red curry I have ever had in a Thai restaurant in Tampa Bay. Same goes for Mexican and other cuisines. You will find yourself going to a lot fewer restaurants. Craving Mexican? Much better to go to TJs and get the frozen chile relleno entree for a couple of bucks than go spend 30 bucks in a mediocre Mexican restaurant in Tampa.
Yes I love it too. Did you try the frozen thai rice? So good. less than $3.00.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
This kind of malicious crime can happen anywhere in any grocery store - not just Walmart.
It CAN. But did it?

Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
"Convenience" always wins!
Not for me. I'll gladly drive further or pay more to go anywhere BUT walmart.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
It CAN. But did it?
The logic is flawed - crime can happen in any grocery store. Publix had an employee murder another employee- do I generalize about and avoid all Publix grocery stores now? Nope.

Nine witnesses testify in Publix murder trial; Worker begged Rouch not to 'do something stupid' - Story | abcactionnews.com | Tampa Bay News, Weather, Sports, Things To Do | WFTS-TV

Old 03-23-2014, 06:16 AM

790 posts, read 1,267,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
Walmart's prices are creeping up. Our store looks dreary and dark. Employees are difficult. I love Publix, but it can be $$$. Trader Joes is great if they keep their prices down.
Agree with you here. walmart is not the bargain it once was. Prices are rising for everything in the store and you still get the same clientele...

Old 03-23-2014, 06:59 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,821,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Not for me. I'll gladly drive further or pay more to go anywhere BUT walmart.
Yep, if I can get healthier food somewhere a bit further, I have no problem with the drive. Why not make it an adventure or a road trip? There is a local market up here that sells great wild caught and fresh fish. If they're having a decent enough sale, I'll plan a weekend day to go there, go to the TJ's down the road, and maybe another store to make it worth my while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay