U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,276 times

Advertisements

You folks are scaring newcomers from coming to Holiday with all the negative comments.
Is it really as bad as you say? Are their no happy people over 60 in this small community ?
What are some of their views??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:51 AM

518 posts, read 898,244 times
My mother lived in this area for 20 years before she passed away last year. 20 years ago it wasn't bad. But it started changing about 12 years ago to what a poor area it is today. Her boyfriend had his tools taken from the garage and there car stolen out of the front yard. Very loud music from next door and there barking dogs. I got to the point she could come to my house but I didn't want to visit her any more in that area. The prices are cheap again for a reason. Find a different area to live. You will be much better off in the long run.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 AM

6,223 posts, read 5,178,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
My mother lived in this area for 20 years before she passed away last year. 20 years ago it wasn't bad. But it started changing about 12 years ago to what a poor area it is today. Her boyfriend had his tools taken from the garage and there car stolen out of the front yard. Very loud music from next door and there barking dogs. I got to the point she could come to my house but I didn't want to visit her any more in that area. The prices are cheap again for a reason. Find a different area to live. You will be much better off in the long run.
Like MOST of west Pasco all these areas with these small 2bedroom homes are now 90% low class renters. All of the older peeps have died and now have been replaced with section 8 and white trash. Plenty of drugs and crimes.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 AM

6,100 posts, read 5,369,041 times
We aren't trying to scare people...everything we say is true...with a few exceptions...Key Vista,Gulf Trace and Baileys Bluff which are fine ...but if you have kids they will be surrounded by the future Mary Metheads and Marty Beercan of the world when they go to school!!!

Old 04-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
We aren't trying to scare people...everything we say is true...with a few exceptions...Key Vista,Gulf Trace and Baileys Bluff which are fine ...but if you have kids they will be surrounded by the future Mary Metheads and Marty Beercan of the world when they go to school!!!
You got that right.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,080 posts, read 2,325,081 times
My inlaws have lived in Holiday since the early 90s just north of the Pasco line and immediately east of 19 in a community that was once the enclave of snowbirds and retirees.

It is now overflowing with rentals, white trash, meth houses and just about every kind of depravity you can imagine.

They are lucky as they live on a dead end and the street still has the residents from many years. Get a block away in any direction and the place is trash.

I just noticed today when I was looking at a list of foreclosures my bank holds that the property values in this neighborhood have hit bottom. They bought their little two bedroom block house in the early 90s in the low $60s. Looks like most of the properties in the neighborhood are barely hitting $40k these days.

RM

Old 04-06-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
My inlaws have lived in Holiday since the early 90s just north of the Pasco line and immediately east of 19 in a community that was once the enclave of snowbirds and retirees.

It is now overflowing with rentals, white trash, meth houses and just about every kind of depravity you can imagine.

They are lucky as they live on a dead end and the street still has the residents from many years. Get a block away in any direction and the place is trash.

I just noticed today when I was looking at a list of foreclosures my bank holds that the property values in this neighborhood have hit bottom. They bought their little two bedroom block house in the early 90s in the low $60s. Looks like most of the properties in the neighborhood are barely hitting $40k these days.

RM
You can buy these dumps for around 30k all day long.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:05 AM

21,475 posts, read 31,753,720 times
These posts are interesting to read and meanwhile lots of people make money buying homes over there...I wonder why the sheriffs website is not more reflecting all the claims made on this forum by the few who always trash any post about the area...always the same people showing up to trash it and who are the ones who lost money during the housing down turn

The one poster stating his moms stuff was stolen added that it was done by her bf so not the best choice of friends...

The OP should judge by facts and not some unknown people who don't have to disclose who they are. As a broker I have disclose my profession on this forum...others can just bash and entire area.

Why isn't there more vacancies if that area is so bad....I call it biased and not based on facts

Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM

And why do the same home sellers always paint a pretty pic of a area they don't live in? I have posted up the crime reports in my area plenty of times on here.

Making a buck always leads to one sided views.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:22 AM

13,225 posts, read 25,682,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
These posts are interesting to read and meanwhile lots of people make money buying homes over there...I wonder why the sheriffs website is not more reflecting all the claims made on this forum by the few who always trash any post about the area...always the same people showing up to trash it and who are the ones who lost money during the housing down turn

The one poster stating his moms stuff was stolen added that it was done by her bf so not the best choice of friends...

The OP should judge by facts and not some unknown people who don't have to disclose who they are. As a broker I have disclose my profession on this forum...others can just bash and entire area.

Why isn't there more vacancies if that area is so bad....I call it biased and not based on facts
Sorry, the other posters are right. You are a real estate agent. Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay