Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 AM

16,265 posts, read 42,984,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
I had a friend for a number of years who was afflicted with ephebophilia which is a sexual attraction not to young children as in pedophilia, rather, to late teens, but he was adamant about partnering only with someone of legal age, which in turn limited him to very young looking people and inevitably meant he'd destroy his relationships as his partners aged. I don't recall any of his relationships lasting longer than two or three years. It was kind of sad but at least he kept it above-board and legal. But most importantly, and my point, he kept it under control. He was very strong in his stance that anyone under-aged should not be toyed with and that harsh penalties ought to be brought upon offenders.

So, at least by that experience, I think it untrue that people attracted to the under-aged are necessarily always out of control, even if they might always have those proclivities. It must be a terribly frustrating way to go though life, but not much more so then, say, being sort of ugly and always being attracted to very beautiful people. I would assume that not every very ugly person goes around forcing themselves sexually on the very pretty people. So there's lots of frustrations in life yet people learn to control themselves.
I think a person like that will age to a level that its impossible to find someone they are attracted to that will be attracted to them. I think that kind of person will dip down given the frustration levels as they themselves become less desirable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 11:06 AM

1,500 posts, read 3,314,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think a person like that will age to a level that its impossible to find someone they are attracted to that will be attracted to them. I think that kind of person will dip down given the frustration levels as they themselves become less desirable.
You make it sound like I didn't know him when he had already aged. So unless you'd like to back your assertion with verifiable stats, all you've done here is reveal your own prejudices which seem by your post based in both ageism and ignorance of sexual preferences & orientations.

By your odd logic it follows that as a heterosexual man ages and divorces his wife, who was his contemporary, to shack up with a younger woman half his age, he then runs out of money to keep her happy and so he'll "dip down" into even younger years until he becomes a pedophile too.

Seek therapy.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,314,911 times
Thread bump for the benefit of the OP on this thread asking about TT: http://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa-bay/2444644-temple-terrace-surrounding-area-apartments.html

You're welcome.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:02 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
https://floridaoffenderalert.com/index.php?agency=55000

Just for members who can't find the link I will post it again as it can be important to know who they pretenders and predators are.

I know a sex offender and he walks most of the time around with T-shirts honoring fallen cops and acting like he is a saint while his son has now 11 running with the law, daughter arrested for kidnapping and he himself is a sex offender and they live in a house they bought for approx. $ 350,000 so be aware and not naïve as kids life's are too precious to be ruined due to predators who pretend to be their friend and saints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay