Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 AM

1 posts, read 12,284 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
Hope all of you are doing well. I am a writer for a major European magazine publication and I am doing a story about Tampa Bay in Florida (USA) and their expansive growth industries. I wanted to ask you all if you can help me with this question. Which part of the Tampa Bay area (Tampa, St. Pete. etc) is considered the most affluent, ritzy, and expensive ? This part of town would be where all the you would see people driving exotic cars like Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin…… etc. This would be the part of town where people would people wearing high end designers like Prada, Channel, Louis Vitton, Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Rolex, and Burburry.etc. I am doing an article on the growth of the Tampa Bay Area, and wanted to know where the wealthy in this area are living. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 04:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
My first thought was Bayshore Blvd/Hyde Park or Davis Islands. Also coming to mind was Avila Golf and Country Club | Tampa, FL where many of the professional sports stars live.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
I'm thinking the Bayshore area, including Davis Island, Hyde Park, etc.

If you are including Pinellas Country, look into Bellaire Beach and the north end of Clearwater Beach.

Here's a map/article that may help: http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...zip-codes.html

Old 04-26-2014, 05:42 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroLT View Post
Hello All,
Hope all of you are doing well. I am a writer for a major European magazine publication and I am doing a story about Tampa Bay in Florida (USA) and their expansive growth industries. I wanted to ask you all if you can help me with this question. Which part of the Tampa Bay area (Tampa, St. Pete. etc) is considered the most affluent, ritzy, and expensive ? This part of town would be where all the you would see people driving exotic cars like Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin…… etc. This would be the part of town where people would people wearing high end designers like Prada, Channel, Louis Vitton, Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Rolex, and Burburry.etc. I am doing an article on the growth of the Tampa Bay Area, and wanted to know where the wealthy in this area are living. Thanks for the help
I don't know of any area where a significant or noticeable portion of the residents are that affected/flamboyant. Certainly in Palm Beach or a handful of areas in Miami, Miami Beach or Naples but definitely not in the Tampa Bay area.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
This is a GREAT question and it really speaks to the character of the Tampa Bay area, because wealth in the area tends to diffuse rather than congregate. You'll find pockets of it in South Tampa: Bayshore/Hyde Park/Davis Islands, and in the gated community of Avila, as BucFan said. There're also some money in Lutz, for example. And I think there's an enclave or two over in the St. Pete area.

The International Mall in Tampa is where people shop when they want high end goods. As I understand it, it was designed to capture the affluent traffic from Tampa's international airport, and when I've been there, that's exactly what I've seen.

Now, some people consider Sarasota to be part of the Tampa Bay area and some don't, but that's where you'll see more overt displays of wealth: European cars and European designer clothing and accessories. Closer to the city of Tampa, you're more likely to see someone driving a restored American classic car as a vehicular expression of affluence, so to speak. The Tampa Bay area is not really a "if you've got it, flaunt it" type of place.

Please post your article here when you're done. I'd like to know what our "expansive growth industries" are.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:04 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I don't know of any area where a significant or noticeable portion of the residents are that affected/flamboyant. Certainly in Palm Beach or a handful of areas in Miami, Miami Beach or Naples but definitely not in the Tampa Bay area.
Exactly, kyle. I sort of chuckled when I read the post. Having lived in South Florida, Manhattan, Fairfield County in Connecticut and in Boston, I have a pretty good idea what the OP is looking for. As I said, the closest to that is in Sarasota, and that depends on whether or not one could consider it part of the Tampa Bay area.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
Hello All,
So, you're writing an article on Tampa's SNOBBERY epidemic? That should be interesting!

Old 04-26-2014, 06:34 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
BTW....The town you're looking for that fits the description of your post is called Scottsdale, and is found in Arizona. Tampa doesn't have an area you describe that stands out in the way you are describing it. You may want to choose Miami Beach/Ocean Drive or Fort Lauderdale's stretch of A1A.

I go to South Tampa quite frequently and Tampa simply doesn't have an area that looks like what you described; just an epidemic of BMW's, and some Land Rover's for our heavily rough terrain! (hahahahahahahahahah LMAO) Ohh yeah, and we're probably #1 at Suburban's and Cadillac SUV's ownership! Because one kid needs a lot of vehicle space here, and so they use as a playroom since traffic in South Tampa is quite BRUTAL! LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 04-26-2014, 08:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Bradenton/Sarasota has areas of wealth. Usually look for the exclusive private golf course communities. I think the Concession Golf Club - Bradenton, FL is attracting money to its Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. There are a lot of high rent golf course communities where the wealthy seem to congregate - but a lot of that money came from the northern states and is just the winter homes for wealthy individuals and doesn't really show the growth industries of our area.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Hello All,
I am not sure about anyone else, but I have a hard time believing someone with a major European magazine publication would find this forum as a source for their info, not to mention have a subject matter written the way this one is.

If you want to have fun on the internet with a question like this, you will probably get a better rise out of people by posting it in the Miami forum where all the beautiful people live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay