Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM

30,393 posts, read 21,210,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
After being in the Southeast Wind-flow over the weekend, we have now flipped to the southwest Wind-flow. Please see the attached picture along with the following information from US National Weather Service Tampa Bay, which explains it very easily for most people to understand.

US National Weather Service Tampa Bay Florida:

The day to day pattern of summer thunderstorms over the Florida Peninsula is controlled mainly by the low level winds. The 2 main flow patterns are winds from the southwest and winds from the southeast. See below how these different winds change the thunderstorm forecast. FYI...today's pattern is winds from the southwest...
We were never in a southeast flow this last weekend as i stated before. But he is slow to learn so let him bang away. I also said we would be back in a reverse west windflow way back on Sunday so this is old news as well.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 07-15-2014 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 04:59 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Remember I wrote you and told you I don't do the "friend" thingy online anywhere with anyone and not to be offended if I didn't respond? It's just one of my quirks, reminds me of when I was in school as a kid and everyone was doing the whole popularity contest thing. When Facebook came online I avoided it like the plague, still do, it kind of creeped me out. But that's just me. There are some forums I like posting to here and there, but that's about it for me as far as social media.
Sorry, I forgot about that. No problem at all. I completely understand.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:59 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,176,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
He started this war way back around the winter of 2013. I love beating the guy time after time. He has given so much false info to peeps on here and will do a complete 360 to whatever i say just to make himself look smart. If i said we were in a west flow he will say it's a east flow, if i said Mars was blue he would say it was black.

I think people on here know who is better when it comes to the weather and i will keep beating him until the end of time. BWT, no rain at my place again. Halfway thru the month and not much of anything. When i say i'm gonna have a dry summer you can bank on it.

Less than 5 days of rain total since the start of summer.

The thing is, you guys don't really get personal with each other, just back and forth with dueling information and points of view, which is a more or less healthy thing.

I made it personal with the Ralph comment, and that's unhealthy.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
The thing is, you guys don't really get personal with each other, just back and forth with dueling information and points of view, which is a more or less healthy thing.

It's very personal with me. I would end up in jail if someone did this to me face to face. Telling people complete FALSE BS is not the right thing to do. Anyone ever notice a pattern with him? Anything i say he will do a complete 360 no matter what. Just like he keeps saying we were in a southeast flow this last weekend when he had the axis of high pressure near on top of us and with no steering currents.

I had already asked the mods to stop this. I can go until the end of time if need be and play these games.

He got his feelings hurt from something i typed i guess a while back and won't let it go. I would love to go off on a cussing rant, but i do try to follow forum rules. I am already upset with the weather as it is, not ever getting rain, soild sunshine and the A/C running and running and then he tries to make it worse.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:

I never respond to him. I simply post documented data from actual, qualified, educated meteorologists and associated sites. I prefer to just put out the facts as they are and try my best to avoid negativity.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It's very personal with me. I would end up in jail if someone did this to me face to face. Telling people complete FALSE BS is not the right thing to do. Anyone ever notice a pattern with him? Anything i say he will do a complete 360 no matter what. Just like he keeps saying we were in a southeast flow this last weekend when he had the axis of high pressure near on top of us and with no steering currents.

I had already asked the mods to stop this. I can go until the end of time if need be and play these games.

He got his feelings hurt from something i typed i guess a while back and won't let it go. I would love to go off on a cussing rant, but i do try to follow forum rules. I am already upset with the weather as it is, not ever getting rain, soild sunshine and the A/C running and running and then he tries to make it worse.
I'm not happy with the weather this summer either. I've lived in the state since 1980. I understand hot and humid, but at least we used to get regular storms every afternoon to relieve it somewhat. I know some people in some areas are getting inundated, but not so much where I live these days. The dry storm we had recently was particularly creepy. That's the sort of thing that happens in the Southwest.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 PM

And the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a big hurricane this year, it's almost unavoidable with the heat build-up.

Seems like so many of the storms are east of where I live.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I never respond to him. I simply post documented data from actual, qualified, educated meteorologists and associated sites. I prefer to just put out the facts as they are and try my best to avoid negativity.
This guy lies like a rug. Check out post #609 folks. Just had a flooding blowup miss my by .25 miles and not a drop at my house.

Someone is on some strong meds to act like he does.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
And the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a big hurricane this year, it's almost unavoidable with the heat build-up.

Seems like so many of the storms are east of where I live.
When you are stuck in a reverse west windflow all summer this what will happen with in the area i live. I have had almost nothing this month so far. Some of these people that say they are getting rain 2 or 3 times everyday are lying like rugs and or are getting tiny amounts of rain that add up much to nothing.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Incoming. "Could" be a busy night and/or morning. We shall see.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Tampa Bay Summer Season Weather Thread is Now Open!-image.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay