U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 06:05 PM

24 posts, read 25,988 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I will soon be starting Edward Jones training program in September to become a financial advisor. After the program is complete (about 7 months), i get to choose an area to open an office. I'm originally from PA, but i've always had interest in the TB area. My grandparents have had a place in Lakeland for 10+ years, and we visit at least once every year. I've always loved my visits and I am sick of the winters up here. Mix this with me being a huge Bucs fan + my parents also recently getting a place in Lakeland, I would love to follow them down south. I've been to the Orlando area many times but only the Tampa area a few times. We've been to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island and Clearwater beach (twice) but that is about it.

I've done research and many of the suburb areas around Tampa seem nice and have good reviews. I came across an area called Dover, FL that seems like a nice, small city. It seems right in between TB and Lakeland, which is nice as well. Does anybody live around or near Dover that can tell me more?

Some background facts: just graduated college. I am engaged, and we plan to start a family relatively soon (< 5 years) so a nice family oriented area would be preferred. We like to go out every now and then, but we aren't huge nightlife people. We are looking to rent before we eventually save up money to buy a house.

We are pretty open to any area, so i would love to hear about any suburb around Tampa that we should look into! If anybody knows of an area that needs a financial advisor, that would be a plus too . Look forward to hearing back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 09:15 PM

143 posts, read 142,823 times
Why not choose Lakeland?

I know it's not a suburb but I think you'll have the best of both worlds close to Orlando and Tampa. Downtown Lakeland is currently undergoing a renaissance, and I'm blown away by all of the development going on in Polk County.

However, if you prefer Tampa I would recommend Seffner, Lithia, Dover, or Brandon. Be warned Brandon has some of the worst traffic (poor planning) but also offers a lot in terms of amenities (Brandon Town Center, Lithia Springs, Horseback Riding, etc.) and a quick hop on the cross town to DT Tampa.

Good Luck with your move! The I-4 Corridor is the best part of FL IMO.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:06 PM

24 posts, read 25,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjosephunf View Post
Why not choose Lakeland?

I know it's not a suburb but I think you'll have the best of both worlds close to Orlando and Tampa. Downtown Lakeland is currently undergoing a renaissance, and I'm blown away by all of the development going on in Polk County.

However, if you prefer Tampa I would recommend Seffner, Lithia, Dover, or Brandon. Be warned Brandon has some of the worst traffic (poor planning) but also offers a lot in terms of amenities (Brandon Town Center, Lithia Springs, Horseback Riding, etc.) and a quick hop on the cross town to DT Tampa.

Good Luck with your move! The I-4 Corridor is the best part of FL IMO.
Good question haha. There seemed to be quite a few advisors in Lakeland already, but that could always change. I am keeping Lakeland in mind and I have heard great things about the renovating there. My parents and grandparents community is more in eastern lakeland (closer towards Auburndale) so I've only been to actual downtown a few times. When we went recently, it did look all newly renovated and nice (S Florida Ave to Imperial, lots of restaurants and shopping places)

Thanks for the suggestions! & I agree I4 is nice, especially comparing to some of the roadways up here. I'll definitely look into the Brandon/Seffner/Dover area more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay