Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:05 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Since this state is filled with northern transplants like yourself, how do you know these guys aren't "northern workers".......just another slam on Floridians. Don't like it here, you know where you can go.

Most of those workers are from South of the Border, not the North. Low bid contractor-you get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Correct Tampa and st.pete are riddled with crime and Lakeland also. Everyday someone is getting murdered or mugged or raped and pedifiles. Florida is the king of scams, and identy theft. Also at least you can make a good living in Chicago compared to Tampa.

Have a wonderful trip back to Chicago!

Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times
US 19 is the slowest road construction in the world, lol. It's got to get something from the record book. I just went today to part of US 19 that I didn't for sometime and couldn't believe what I saw. The areas that I follow--they construct, then they break it apart, then they construct, or so it feels. It is taking decades.

May be in another couple of decade they will finish .

Last edited by Pragmaticus; 06-13-2014 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Chicago has a bad gang problem and most of the violent crime is concentrated in certain neighborhoods.
was, but not any more

Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Northern money is what is keeping Florida alive.
Such an obnoxious argument....one time I agree with BucFan...most people here are from "up north", and I'm not seeing any improvements...they all came down to lazy up!!! What/where are they spending money exactly!? At SAMs getting fatter?

The only time that sentence would make sense would be if you meant northern politicians vacationing here spending money on strip clubs! Other than that I am not seeing where exactly are they spending this money to "keep Florida alive!" That's bull crap! Have a nice flight back to Chicago, and while flying maybe upgrade your grammar!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
was, but not any more
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
These projects cost money and have budgets. They can't just work 24 hours around the clock. There is careful planning that goes into this and you certainly don't rush a project of this size. Major infrastructure work is being done all over the Tampa Bay area, just get used to it.

Hwy 19 has always been deemed a nightmare in this area...did you not research it before you moved? It's almost like Hwy 60 in Brandon/Valrico. You accept it if you live there.

Moreover, this isn't Chicago. You have the option to move back if you don't like it here.
Yes, careful planning to stretch out the job as long as possible.

Hate to break it to you but in other states they also do road construction at night to get the job done.

I saw the widening of an an intersection to include an extra turn lane take over 2 yrs, the Empire State Building went up quicker.

It is ridiculous in FL.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, careful planning to stretch out the job as long as possible.

Hate to break it to you but in other states they also do road construction at night to get the job done.

I saw the widening of an an intersection to include an extra turn lane take over 2 yrs, the Empire State Building went up quicker.

It is ridiculous in FL.

I have to agree with this. In Alaska they work 24/7 during the summer for road construction and accomplish some pretty amazing tasks.

With that said. I am not sure how productive I would be if I worked in the Construction Industry in Florida between May - November. Honestly, I would water break often. LOL

Old 06-14-2014, 12:01 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
.........With that said. I am not sure how productive I would be if I worked in the Construction Industry in Florida between May - November. Honestly, I would water break often. LOL
Not to mention having to dodge rain and thunderstorms a lot.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:10 AM

4 posts, read 3,273 times
Ulmerton from lake to belcher in largo is a complete nightmare. Us19 in clw is terrible but this construction zone is very dangerous to .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay