U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2014, 08:05 AM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,231,096 times
Reputation: 2104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Do you watch the local morning news here? If you did you would see the people driving to work each day.
The state doesn't run on pension money. There are millions who work each day here, unless you didn't notice.

I'm retired but yes I see people working here my wife is one of them. But are they good paying jobs. I could not of made a living here on the wages they pay here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,420,344 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I'm retired but yes I see people working here my wife is one of them. But are they good paying jobs. I could not of made a living here on the wages they pay here.
Too bad. I hope your years of work and living where you were turn out to be the answer to your dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM
 
1,554 posts, read 1,008,561 times
Reputation: 2167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
I'm retired but yes I see people working here my wife is one of them. But are they good paying jobs. I could not of made a living here on the wages they pay here.

Drive down any major road and you will see all the latest Master Planed communities one after the other. Drive thru them and see lots of YOUNG families with children. These are not majority retirees living there but couples in their 30's-50's. Most of them are working and I am sure with nice jobs to afford these houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,420,344 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Drive down any major road and you will see all the latest Master Planed communities one after the other. Drive thru them and see lots of YOUNG families with children. These are not majority retirees living there but couples in their 30's-50's. Most of them are working and I am sure with nice jobs to afford these houses.

Its impossible to educate and inform those who will continue with the old outdated information. Those over 65 are less than 20 percent of the FL population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2014, 03:32 PM
 
Location: it depends
6,070 posts, read 4,664,601 times
Reputation: 5745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Its impossible to educate and inform those who will continue with the old outdated information. Those over 65 are less than 20 percent of the FL population.
Per City-Data, IL has a higher average age than FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,420,344 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Per City-Data, IL has a higher average age than FL.
I didnt know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top