U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Illionis has 33 fortune 500 companies HQ there.

Chicago Tribune

Wow. Why on earth did you ever leave this corporate paradise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 08:01 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,227,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Wow. Why on earth did you ever leave this corporate paradise?

Im retired and tired of cold but besides that nothing else.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
2 good reasons. Be patient. US 19 will be redone and you will enjoy using it.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 AM

4,589 posts, read 3,947,766 times
Quote:
Arizona, Hawaii, and Indonesia are all hot too; maybe you want to give them a try!

We're tired of hearing transplants move here because we're "hot & cheap", and then complain about OUR roads, and forgetting THEIR roads full of holes! Double Standard!!!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:16 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,227,566 times
Florida is not that cheap anymore,sure no state tax but they make it up in other ways. we have potholes up north because of the winter, why are there pot holes here were there is no frost . Also crime is just as bad here as chicago it just chicago is a way bigger city compared to Tampa. And thats why its in the news.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Florida is not that cheap anymore,sure no state tax but they make it up in other ways. we have potholes up north because of the winter, why are there pot holes here were there is no frost . Also crime is just as bad here as chicago it just chicago is a way bigger city compared to Tampa. And thats why its in the news.

No, it hasnt been "cheap" for a long time. Tell me how "they" which I assume means State make it up in other ways? Dont see too many pot holes here. Crime is everywhere, especially as our society continues its decline.

Wonder why you didnt choose somewhere else besides FL based on your comments. Where would be better?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:56 AM

15,878 posts, read 17,393,684 times
Quote:
2 good reasons. Be patient. US 19 will be redone and you will enjoy using it.

LOL...on enjoying US 19.

It is and will remain a very dangerous highway.

You have people pulling out of strip malls right onto the highway.

In other parts of the country you have service roads that run parallel with the highway so the driver can gradually get up to speed, not pull out into traffic buzzing by at 65 mph or more.

And pull out they do. No regards for safety.

I remember a relative visting for the first time and commenting on US 19. You have grandma doing 35mph in the left hand lane because she has to make a left hand turn 5 miles up the highway, someone else doing 85 mph in the middle lane.

US 19 is something to avoid if possible, not enjoy.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM

6,070 posts, read 4,659,415 times
Quote:
Say, I'm from up north also and I always wondered what variety of mental defect results in having toll booths every mile or so, like they have up in that paradise you call Chicago? What's up with that? And Illinois is the only state I've traveled through where you can find six or eight state employees lounging around at one time at a filthy interstate rest area--states like Florida have good and modern and well-maintained facilities, with no workers loafing around. What's up with that? And Illinois is headquarters of some major oil companies and refineries are located there, but Illinois has the highest gas prices in the Midwest. What's up with that?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM

153 posts, read 140,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
We're tired of hearing transplants move here because we're "hot & cheap", and then complain about OUR roads, and forgetting THEIR roads full of holes! Double Standard!!!
Agreed! I'm tired of hearing from transplants from Miami saying how great everything was there.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:02 PM

8,051 posts, read 6,111,840 times
Quote:
No, it hasnt been "cheap" for a long time. Tell me how "they" which I assume means State make it up in other ways? Dont see too many pot holes here. Crime is everywhere, especially as our society continues its decline.

Wonder why you didnt choose somewhere else besides FL based on your comments. Where would be better?
Cuba.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay