Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Florida is not that cheap anymore,sure no state tax but they make it up in other ways. we have potholes up north because of the winter, why are there pot holes here were there is no frost . Also crime is just as bad here as chicago it just chicago is a way bigger city compared to Tampa. And thats why its in the news.
Indonesia it is then! LOL....What is the point of this thread? this is not "the city of Tampa" that can actually do something about it...go to their website and complain there...the ratio of holes that we have compared to up north is minimal here...

If you haven't live in Miami you have no clue what "I" am referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Say, I'm from up north also and I always wondered what variety of mental defect results in having toll booths every mile or so, like they have up in that paradise you call Chicago? What's up with that? And Illinois is the only state I've traveled through where you can find six or eight state employees lounging around at one time at a filthy interstate rest area--states like Florida have good and modern and well-maintained facilities, with no workers loafing around. What's up with that? And Illinois is headquarters of some major oil companies and refineries are located there, but Illinois has the highest gas prices in the Midwest. What's up with that?
Other than making up for no state tax nothing/no other mental defect...LOL Ever been on the Beach Line? trying to go to Orlando Airport? now THAT is a record number of tolls...
Quote:
Say, I'm from up north also and I always wondered what variety of mental defect results in having toll booths every mile or so,

Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Cuba.
Which one? the one in NY?
http://www.cubany.org/

......or the one south of here?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Which one? the one in NY?
Cuba, New York

......or the one south of here?
The real Cuba with the kind of weather and rain i would love.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:43 PM

790 posts, read 1,268,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The state of Florida should fire the construction company working on US 19. Why in the hell dose the state put up with these slow ass workers. I'm sorry I'm from the north and I lived in the Chicago aera and have see how fast the construction workers work up there. Up north they work in the winter, at nite and weekends to get the job done. Here the construction workers are milking it. I know that Florida has a higher water table. Up north they have to dig deep enough for frost and heaving. Here in Florida were the weather is warm all year they do not work at nite maybe now and then they do. Never work on weekends. They screw up traffic so bad it's crazy. My wife works 15 miles from home and it takes her almost an hour to get to work. Also these 2 min lights are a joke, why can't they change them during construction. Up north they have sensors in the road to time the lights according to traffic flow. But here they have lights sticking in 55 gallon drums. Sorry but it's a good ole boy state here. They have no idea on how to keep traffic flowing smoothly here. Why dose US 19 have lights in the first place. It's a highway not a county road. Some one please explaining it to me, they are hurting business and could care less about it.

LOL take your %%% back up nawth we DGAF!

Old 06-17-2014, 04:10 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...on enjoying US 19.

It is and will remain a very dangerous highway.

You have people pulling out of strip malls right onto the highway.

In other parts of the country you have service roads that run parallel with the highway so the driver can gradually get up to speed, not pull out into traffic buzzing by at 65 mph or more.

And pull out they do. No regards for safety.

I remember a relative visting for the first time and commenting on US 19. You have grandma doing 35mph in the left hand lane because she has to make a left hand turn 5 miles up the highway, someone else doing 85 mph in the middle lane.

US 19 is something to avoid if possible, not enjoy.

Yes, you go from a strip mall right to the road. Would you expect an acceleration lane?
What would you be doing in the left lane unless you were passing or making a left turn?
In the event of a slow driver in the left lane turn on your signal move to the center lane accelerate to
the necessary speed to overcome the vehicle on your left and then put on your turn signal again
to get back to the left lane which you shouldnt use unless you're passing or turning left.

U.S. 19 is not a highway. It is a roadway.

Traffic lightchanges along US 19 create "packs" of cars. All you have to do is wait for a "pack" to go by and then use the opening in traffic flow to enter the roadway.

What I am referring to for the OP is the construction being done creating a limited access highway for the 12-mile stretch from 118th Avenue to State Road 580 in the Countryside area. Yes, an actual elevated highway.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:27 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
What would you be doing in the left lane unless you were passing or making a left turn?
That statement would make sense if Florida were a state with a "passing lane." We aren't.

As to why we have potholes, the shifting sands probably have something to do with it.

And finally, the city of Tampa has NO say in what happens on U.S. 19. It's not a road in Tampa. It's not a Hillsborough County road. It has nothing to do with Tampa or the county.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
That statement would make sense if Florida were a state with a "passing lane." We aren't.

As to why we have potholes, the shifting sands probably have something to do with it.

And finally, the city of Tampa has NO say in what happens on U.S. 19. It's not a road in Tampa. It's not a Hillsborough County road. It has nothing to do with Tampa or the county.
The Florida Department of Transportation calls the shots for US 19 in Florida.

As far as the left lane, the left-lane provision is part of the 226-page House Bill 7125. It states that drivers on any road with two or more lanes in the same direction may not drive more than 10 mph slower than the posted speed limit in the left lane if they know they are being overtaken. It does not apply to drivers preparing for a left turn at an intersection.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Not sure if it was discussed already... Since Six Flags are coming to US 19 and SR 50 area, I am wondering what's going to happen with traffic on US 19...

Old 06-18-2014, 09:03 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Not sure if it was discussed already... Since Six Flags are coming to US 19 and SR 50 area, I am wondering what's going to happen with traffic on US 19...
Hoax: Six Flags park not opening in Florida - Orlando Sentinel

gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay