U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 05:49 PM

Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,252 posts, read 2,568,936 times

Advertisements

First, I highly recommend Young Home Inspections. I have used them on two occasions and in both they saved me money.

Second, anyone who buys a home without an inspection should have their head examined. Really.

It's just like buying a used car. There is no way you, as an average consumer, can possess the knowledge and understanding to be able to competently check every part of a home to be sure it's in proper order and things are working and as represented by the seller. Someone with an ASHI certification is just that - licensed and trained to inspect a home, both the physical plant and structural aspects.

For the cost of an inspection you can often reveal flaws or find deficiencies that can only give you leverage in the sale. Even if nothing is found, you walk into a home knowing the condition of the house and what you might expect as far as future work or needs.

On the case of Young, in both situations where I used them they performed a wind mitigation survey as a part of the inspection. This added something like $80 to the inspection cost, but in both cases, saved me over $400 on my homeowner's insurance.

I got a lengthy written report with photographs for both homes. On one I had questions which I directed to the inspector via email the next day and received a phone call that day to address my concerns.

They were very good, very thorough and detailed. Money well spent.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 02:02 AM

147 posts, read 139,593 times
I personally would not buy a home without having it inspected. It's a little money compared to what it can save you down the road. A good home inspector is worth their weight in gold. One inspector you might want to consider is Space Invaders. You will want to confirm the service Land O Lakes though. Space Invaders RHI, Home Inspector Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay