Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 15,604 times

Advertisements

Wanted to get some take on the mobile home parks in the Tampa area. Im needing to move out of my home on the east coast of FL due to foreclosure... I already have bad credit so getting an apt is pretty much out of the question and renting would be an issue unless no credit check. Due to the urgent nature of the move I will not have alot of cash to work with and along with the credit issues, its looking like I might have to start in a mobile home park. Can anyone tell me which are okay? and which to stay away from... Im WELL AWARE that they are not going to be the nicest but its only going to be temporary until I get situated in Tampa with my family... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:13 PM

185 posts, read 318,361 times
I know nothing of Tampa yet as I am planning to relocate their in a few months but during my research on craigslist there were a decent number of posting for trailer rentals so you may want to check craigslist out.

Again I don't know all the specifics but I thought I'd mention it incase it is of some help to you and your family.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Ch> Are you asking about buying one?

There's still plenty of parks in Tampa area, although many of them have dissapeared.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Ch> Are you asking about buying one?

There's still plenty of parks in Tampa area, although many of them have dissapeared.
Not buying, just renting for a lil bit... And I have seen several ads on Craigslist, just not sure if they are reputable? or clean?

Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
There are some that are nice. It is probably best for you to ask 'us' once you find one. I would stay away from any on Florida or Nebraska around University and I275 Not all are bad but some are very shady.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
There are some that are nice. It is probably best for you to ask 'us' once you find one. I would stay away from any on Florida or Nebraska around University and I275 Not all are bad but some are very shady.
Countryside Village, Waterside Village, Glennwood, Willow Creek??

Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch109015 View Post
Wanted to get some take on the mobile home parks in the Tampa area. Im needing to move out of my home on the east coast of FL due to foreclosure... I already have bad credit so getting an apt is pretty much out of the question and renting would be an issue unless no credit check. Due to the urgent nature of the move I will not have alot of cash to work with and along with the credit issues, its looking like I might have to start in a mobile home park. Can anyone tell me which are okay? and which to stay away from... Im WELL AWARE that they are not going to be the nicest but its only going to be temporary until I get situated in Tampa with my family... Thanks!
Don't be so sure you can't get an apartment. Mostly apartment companies verify that you can pay your rent, that you have a guaranteed income.

Many people got their credit dinged up during our recession. Also, all those other people who got their homes forclosed on had to move somewhere.

Just be up front with your landlord.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM

I agree with Blueheron.. there are apts where the credit may not be a big issue as long as you have the means to pay. I will search as there are some I know of that are not fancy but not bad either.

As far as the ones you listed I don't know most of them although Countryside use to be a nice place but I have heard it has gone hill now. You can usually tell if you drive through/ Any place east of Dale mabry I would be leary of and in places like Gibsonton.

The ones below are all fairly close to each other and to Countryside Village. I have been through them all delivering Meals on Wheels. There is also Rocky Creek Village but it is 55+
Check out
Three Lakes
Carefree Village
Fountainview villiage
BayWest Club

Winward Lakes in S. Tampa

Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 AM

These are the apts that are not advertised. there are several of these around but here is one I found

Candlewood 1 Aparments
5958 Oak River Drive, Tampa, FL 33615
(813) 886-3538 ‎

There are also other apts that do not advertise especially in S. Tampa that i know take folks with no credit. My stepson lived in several of these

Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 9,584 times
Are there any mobile home parks that are 40+? My husband is 44.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay