U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 AM

2,598 posts, read 3,821,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Full of yourself much?

Let's remember that "originally" Florida was a playground for the rich "northerners" who only came here to VACATION!

In the mean time others crowded the state with their laziness towards snow, and most of them can't even hold the door for someone else! They all come down here with that rotten entitlement attitude we're very tired of! Reflected so clearly and dearly in your post!

Explain to me how are those "good things" for the economy where your business is ONLY here to pay minimum, or very low wages (in the name of everyone wants to live in Florida regardless of how little money they're making so long as they don't have to shovel show), and continue to keep people's buying power very LOW? How are YOU helping the economy down here exactly? What business are you bringing exactly? anything worth going to work for? or yet another business where people have to live half on welfare to afford going to?
Hey, it could be a landscaping business . In principle, more employers should compete for the same pool of workers and that should push wage higher, if the free economy works .
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 AM

28 posts, read 24,089 times
Just to be clear my husband is in IT consulting and the lowest paid employee we have is paid over $50,000/year! So yes, I believe we will be contributing to the economy!

Can you tell me how a nurse does not contribute to the economy and well being of a community?

I'm not quite sure where I came across as being entitled?? Every dime I have and every degree I've acquired I have paid for and worked hard to achieve- all by myself! Nothing has been given to us. Entitled? No. Hard workers? Yes

If people are ****ty it doesn't matter where they live! I hardly think people become heads because they move down here. If you don't hold a door at home, you don't hold a door when you move.

The whole point of this thread is can you move down here and find a job? Yes. Will everyone be successful at it, no. Should you move on a whim? No. Research, plan and have a backup plan.

We got some great advice on this site before we moved. We have only been here three weeks, but could not be more happy with how friendly and welcoming people have been.

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-03-2014 at 07:51 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,312,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdalechek View Post
Just to be clear my husband is in IT consulting and the lowest paid employee we have is paid over $50,000/year! So yes, I believe we will be contributing to the economy!

Can you tell me how a nurse does not contribute to the economy and well being of a community?

I'm not quite sure where I came across as being entitled?? Every dime I have and every degree I've acquired I have paid for and worked hard to achieve- all by myself! Nothing has been given to us. Entitled? No. Hard workers? Yes

If people are ****ty it doesn't matter where they live! I hardly think people become **** heads because they move down here. If you don't hold a door at home, you don't hold a door when you move.

The whole point of this thread is can you move down here and find a job? Yes. Will everyone be successful at it, no. Should you move on a whim? No. Research, plan and have a backup plan.

We got some great advice on this site before we moved. We have only been here three weeks, but could not be more happy with how friendly and welcoming people have been.
Excellent!

Someone claims you pay minimum or low wages, trying to paint a negative picture and in reality you pay well.

How about that?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 AM

4,589 posts, read 3,949,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Now here you go again, posting false negative information based on what you think rather than what you know. Posts like that serve no good purpose for anyone.
Guess what...I am a local, and I am very tired of hearing: "if it wasn't for northerners money, blah, blah crap garbage!" Enough already.

Explain this to me: If it wasn't for northerners money to do what? shut down public transit? cause they're tired of it? are they supporting education and schools? (now that they live here?) and please don't give me that tax thing because we all know the kind of % "really" goes into education!

I don't hear many northerns speak nicely about they new found "paradise"! it's always :"back home, back home garbage" this IS the home you chose...refer to it as such now that you live, eat, and speak here!...Their "money" will be swallowed pretty quickly here considering our COL, (created on the assumption that northerners are somehow paid better), so, I don't buy that crap...I don't see many improvements made around...In Miami they build non stop...here, downtown looks dead still...what are you spending these "northern dollars" on exactly? and that's a paradox because once you're all moved here, you're no longer on "northern dollars" UNLESS you're spending your "northern savings" to live here!

Stop this BS please.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM

4,589 posts, read 3,949,236 times
Quote:

If people are ****ty it doesn't matter where they live! I hardly think people become **** heads because they move down here. If you don't hold a door at home, you don't hold a door when you move.

All of his 2 employees!? if one company pays $50k to 10 employees the economy doesn't get better. You need 30000 companies paying that to couples without children to make a dent in restoring the economy here! But sadly, people lock their money hostage in Swiss banks now, and no longer wish to support their local or national economy!

Here:
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06/...ype=blogs&_r=0

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,312,837 times
Quote:
Guess what...I am a local, and I am very tired of hearing: "if it wasn't for northerners money, blah, blah crap garbage!" Enough already.

Explain this to me: If it wasn't for northerners money to do what? shut down public transit? cause they're tired of it? are they supporting education and schools? (now that they live here?) and please don't give me that tax thing because we all know the kind of % "really" goes into education!

I don't hear many northerns speak nicely about they new found "paradise"! it's always :"back home, back home garbage" this IS the home you chose...refer to it as such now that you live, eat, and speak here!...Their "money" will be swallowed pretty quickly here considering our COL, (created on the assumption that northerners are somehow paid better), so, I don't buy that crap...I don't see many improvements made around...In Miami they build non stop...here, downtown looks dead still...what are you spending these "northern dollars" on exactly? and that's a paradox because once you're all moved here, you're no longer on "northern dollars" UNLESS you're spending your "northern savings" to live here!

Stop this BS please.
1) You are a transplant yourself. From Europe yet.

2) You in this very thread made up crap about what someone pays their employees, trying to pass it off as fact.

3) You just said "In Miami they". That is the same as someone else saying "back home they".

4) Just because you hear things from your group of people does not make it fact or the general consensus.

5) This is AMERICA. We have the right to live where we choose to.

6) What is brought by transplants? Try a great variety of authentic ethnic foods, culture, art, revenue and job creation with some.

YOU my friend need to stop the B.S. AND your hatred toward others.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 07-02-2014 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Added info

Old 07-02-2014, 09:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,412,385 times
Quote:

........snip.....Seems to me a lot of people have successfully made the move.
Millions of us.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM

Nice... well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
1) You are a transplant yourself. From Europe yet.

2) You in this very thread made up crap about what someone pays their employees, trying to pass it off as fact.

3) You just said "In Miami they". That is the same as someone else saying "back home they".

4) Just because you hear things from your group of people does not make it fact or the general consensus.

5) This is AMERICA. We have the right to live where we choose to.

6) What is brought by transplants? Try a great variety of authentic ethnic foods, culture, art, revenue and job creation with some.

YOU my friend need to stop the B.S. AND your hatred toward others.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Most who move here, continue to extort a poor state, and are not coming to elevate the overall state of this state!

Poor state?? Where do you get your information??

Pay better wages, so their work force can support other businesses and actually HELP the economy etc.

Be better qualified for the better wages

They all want their little 1/4 of acre lot, and "privacy"... and none of them give a ratz a$$ about the state as a whole.
Tell us, what have YOU brought to FL? What have YOU brought to the U.S.?

I sure hate it when immigrants from other countries tell me how wrong the U.S. is.

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 07-02-2014 at 10:54 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 AM

790 posts, read 849,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
If I am not mistaken you have a handicapped child. How much does the kid get in SSI and medical benefits?
Wow thats pretty messed up, if you werent a hardcore cheerleader/realtor you may get a small vacation from this site for this. Unfortuantely you wont though. (no personal attacks)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay