U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Not the end of the Earth, but I can see it from here
2,252 posts, read 2,570,003 times
Reputation: 2127

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
My friend from Michigan is a teacher and got hired in Lakeland schools right away. They rather hire a teacher from the north that's what they told him. He said that the schools here are behind compared to the schools in the north. And the pay is lower than the north. And the teacher unions are a joke here very wek compared to the north were they are very strong. I'm just repeating what he told me. He said that when a job open up in Michigan he is out of here.
There are no teacher's "unions" in Florida. They are illegal. They were made so by legislative acts in the late 1970/early 1980s, I believe.

While there are organizations that represent the teachers in labor negotiations with their respective school district, teachers and state employees are prohibited by law from going on strike or initiating job actions against their employers.

Makes the organizations pretty much powerless compared to the northern unions.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 PM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,227,566 times
Reputation: 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
There are no teacher's "unions" in Florida. They are illegal. They were made so by legislative acts in the late 1970/early 1980s, I believe.

While there are organizations that represent the teachers in labor negotiations with their respective school district, teachers and state employees are prohibited by law from going on strike or initiating job actions against their employers.

Makes the organizations pretty much powerless compared to the northern unions.

RM
And that's what the south wants to keep wages low so the red machine can stay rich. That's why the north is democratic and the outh is republican. I was a UAW member and always a Union member. And I'm proud of it. I live in Florida now spending my northern money witch is the same color as southern money, but on a larger scale because I made a decent wage compared to what they pay here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2014, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
And that's what the south wants to keep wages low so the red machine can stay rich. That's why the north is democratic and the outh is republican. I was a UAW member and always a Union member. And I'm proud of it. I live in Florida now spending my northern money witch is the same color as southern money, but on a larger scale because I made a decent wage compared to what they pay here.
still stuck on money.. Too bad money cant buy happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2014, 12:38 PM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,227,566 times
Reputation: 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
still stuck on money.. Too bad money cant buy happiness.
Money sure can buy happiness and a whole lot more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2014, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Money sure can buy happiness and a whole lot more.
I am sorry to know you believe money can buy happiness. I feel sorrow for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top