U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM

790 posts, read 850,183 times

Advertisements

8th highest paid huh?

COUNTY AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE
Hillsborough $960
Pinellas $900
Polk $748
Manatee $746
Pasco $695
U.S. $1,000

source: http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...covery/2185652
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,325,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
8th highest paid huh?

COUNTY AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE
Hillsborough $960
Pinellas $900
Polk $748
Manatee $746
Pasco $695
U.S. $1,000

source: As Dow approaches 17,000, wages remain stagnant in lopsided recovery | Tampa Bay Times
They said when factoring in COL.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
They said when factoring in COL.
lol of course THEY did, but what factors of COL did they even factor in? Do you even know?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
lol of course THEY did, but what factors of COL did they even factor in? Do you even know?
Yes. No state income tax, lower housing costs than the big paying states, lower RE taxes than many states, just to name a few.

It certainly was the case for us.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Yes. No state income tax, lower housing costs than the big paying states, lower RE taxes than many states, just to name a few.

It certainly was the case for us.
So you dont really know if they factored in homeowners/flood/hurricane/sinkhole insurance or car insurance or grocery bills or any of that...ok cool

glad this entire thread has been worthless yet again....I put the REAL numbers out there...yes $600 bucks a week BEFORE taxes sure is ALOT!

Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So you dont really know if they factored in homeowners/flood/hurricane/sinkhole insurance or car insurance or grocery bills or any of that...ok cool

glad this entire thread has been worthless yet again....I put the REAL numbers out there...yes $600 bucks a week BEFORE taxes sure is ALOT!
I said "just to name a few". Reading comprehension issue?

I also have provided our own personal experience, which was a sizable net gain. Again, YMMV.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Always a pissing match over salaries. The are LOWER in Fl for most occupations compared to a lot of states, but not all. Who really cares?

Most posters here claim to be paying twice and triple what I pay for car insurance.
Most posters here claims to pay triple what I pay for HOI.

Do something about it.

There are three questions in life that has to be a YES answer.

Are you happy where you live?"
It really matters because if you are not happy with where you live you will be miserable.

Are you happy with the kind of work you do?
If you dont like what you do for a living you will be miserable. You will never succeed in a job you dont like.

Are you happy with yourself?
Everyone needs to be happy with themselves otherwise life is miserable.

How much one earns or how big their house is or how new their car is are irrelevant in being happy.

I think a few of you answer "no" to the 3 questions.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Always a pissing match over salaries. The are LOWER in Fl for most occupations compared to a lot of states, but not all. Who really cares?

Most posters here claim to be paying twice and triple what I pay for car insurance.
Most posters here claims to pay triple what I pay for HOI.

Do something about it.

There are three questions in life that has to be a YES answer.

Are you happy where you live?"
It really matters because if you are not happy with where you live you will be miserable.

Are you happy with the kind of work you do?
If you dont like what you do for a living you will be miserable. You will never succeed in a job you dont like.

Are you happy with yourself?
Everyone needs to be happy with themselves otherwise life is miserable.

How much one earns or how big their house is or how new their car is are irrelevant in being happy.

I think a few of you answer "no" to the 3 questions.
For someone that likes "truth and reason" you sure get upset when the truths get put infornt of your face.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Quote:
For someone that likes "truth and reason" you sure get upset when the truths get put infornt of your face.
Yeah? Who's getting upset? It is what it is.

Source:
Hillsborough County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Hillsborough:
Per capita money income in past 12 months (2012 dollars) $26,947

Pasco:
Per capita money income in past 12 months (2012 dollars), 2008-2012 $23,895

Hernando:
Per capita money income in past 12 months (2012 dollars), 2008-2012 $21,632

If you dont like the numbers and the odds of your being on the low end dont live in FL.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,234,014 times
Quote:
If someone has been in housekeeping or any job for 10 full years and is still at an entry level of $8.00, then the problem lies with them, not the employer. Just sayin'.
$8.00 is what they wanted to start my x wife at at a hospital in Clearwater. She was making $13.00 plus full paid medical in Detroit. So you see the differance between pay in Detroit compared to Florida. And the Clearwater job wanted her to pay half of the lousy medical plan they offerd. Her medical in Detroit was $5 office visits up to $25 perscription depending if it was a tier1 or tier 2 ot tier 3 drug. But all was waved when she got them filled at the hospital pharmcey. She said thanks but no thanks to the Clearwater job, in fact she laughed in the hr persons face in Clearwater and told them they were a bunch of cheap asses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay