U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,299,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Okay, after reading the back and forth....I found this info which is very helpful. Just click on the various tabs. It would appear by this info that Spring Hill is a popular place to move to and things are on the upswing. Property values going up, population going up, pay going up and the school system better than average. Is it the number one place to live in Florida? Probably not. Are things on the upswing? No doubt. Do a lot of people want to live there? Yep.

Spring Hill, FL

"As of 2010, the total Spring Hill population is 98,621, which has grown 42.77% since 2000. The population growth rate is much higher than the state average rate of 17.64% and is much higher than the national average rate of 9.71%.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

Spring Hill median house value is $130,900 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 54.55% since 2000.

On average, the public school district that covers Spring Hill is better than the state average in quality.

The Spring Hill population density is 1,584.11 people per square mile, which is much higher than the state average density of 285.92 people per square mile and is much higher than the national average density of 81.32 people per square mile.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568, which has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The median household income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

On average Spring Hill residents spend 30.4 minutes per day commuting to work, which is higher than the state average of 25.8 minutes and is higher than the national average of 25.4 minutes."
Hmmm I'm thinking now I may want to get my house back up on the market just to see what happens. Maybe in the spring by then we will have whittled the mortgage down to around 120K. I will be the happiest woman in Florida when and if it ever sells!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:06 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,412,385 times
Yep, that about sums it up. If you lived in a city and got sick of it or if you lived near a city and hated going into it then Spring Hill/Hernando County may be for you. I grew up and lived in NYC until I was 30. Orlando from 30 into my 40's I have had enough of cities, crowds, lines, traffic, stressed out people, phonies and people who thought they were better than others based on what car they drove or where the lived.

Quote:
Okay, after reading the back and forth....I found this info which is very helpful. Just click on the various tabs. It would appear by this info that Spring Hill is a popular place to move to and things are on the upswing. Property values going up, population going up, pay going up and the school system better than average.

Spring Hill, FL

"As of 2010, the total Spring Hill population is 98,621, which has grown 42.77% since 2000. The population growth rate is much higher than the state average rate of 17.64% and is much higher than the national average rate of 9.71%.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

Spring Hill median house value is $130,900 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 54.55% since 2000.

On average, the public school district that covers Spring Hill is better than the state average in quality.

The Spring Hill population density is 1,584.11 people per square mile, which is much higher than the state average density of 285.92 people per square mile and is much higher than the national average density of 81.32 people per square mile.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568, which has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The median household income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

On average Spring Hill residents spend 30.4 minutes per day commuting to work, which is higher than the state average of 25.8 minutes and is higher than the national average of 25.4 minutes."

Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,412,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Hmmm I'm thinking now I may want to get my house back up on the market just to see what happens. Maybe in the spring by then we will have whittled the mortgage down to around 120K. I will be the happiest woman in Florida when and if it ever sells!!
With plenty of non-sinkhole stigma properties I would think a sale would be difficult to say the least.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:35 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,312,837 times
Quote:
Just let the good renter pay the mortgage for you, until you can sell it. That way it does not cost "you".

Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM

2,378 posts, read 3,688,710 times
Considering the houses that I've seen selling for $130-$140 in my immediate area, it better be a very nice house considering it's a repaired sinkhole property. I'm not knocking it, I think that will be attractive to some people and that will possibly increase in the future. I am just pointing out that there are some pretty nice places selling in that range.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Just let the good renter pay the mortgage for you, until you can sell it. That way it does not cost "you".
That's what we are doing, but it is going to take a loooong time, I'm afraid. I just don't like knowing that our Spring Hill home is soon going to be needing a new roof that's money out of my pocket for a place I don't want or care to ever live in again. I guess I shouldn't whine, though - at least we have a good tennant there for the time being.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Considering the houses that I've seen selling for $130-$140 in my immediate area, it better be a very nice house considering it's a repaired sinkhole property. I'm not knocking it, I think that will be attractive to some people and that will possibly increase in the future. I am just pointing out that there are some pretty nice places selling in that range.
Oh, I understand, believe me. I have seen the homes that are selling in the 130K range mine isn't quite as big as those properties and it lacks a pool, so I don't see it selling for that amount any time soon unfortunately.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
With plenty of non-sinkhole stigma properties I would think a sale would be difficult to say the least.
I agree. It may be years before I am able to unload the house, if ever.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:56 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,312,837 times
Quote:
That's what we are doing, but it is going to take a loooong time, I'm afraid. I just don't like knowing that our Spring Hill home is soon going to be needing a new roof that's money out of my pocket for a place I don't want or care to ever live in again. I guess I shouldn't whine, though - at least we have a good tennant there for the time being.
I believe you should be able to write off the roof, as you are renting it out for income. Not positive though. As far as taking a long time, just think of it as every month you are in a better position than the month before. One day down the road, you will be on the plus side.....AND you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did the "right" thing.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I believe you should be able to write off the roof, as you are renting it out for income. Not positive though. As far as taking a long time, just think of it as every month you are in a better position than the month before. One day down the road, you will be on the plus side.....AND you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did the "right" thing.
Thank you, Prius! Although I sometimes question our decision to do the right thing, I do feel good about it. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't always bring immediate reward, but I believe we reap what we sow even if it takes a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay