U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 PM

12,135 posts, read 11,432,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
Also, after going back to the start of the thread, be sure to continue reading up to the last page where he repeatedly expresses his beliefs on what constitutes a justifiable use of lethal force.

Then, decide for yourself if this mans beliefs are 'reasonable' per Florida statute or if they're irrational, hysterical and frankly, downright creepy.

If you do not wish to use deadly force when you are being attacked by someone that is your business.
Stand there and get beat to oblivion and thank your attacker when they are done.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:19 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,321,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I thought you said the case had nothing to do with popcorn, now all of the sudden it does. Throughout you posts you keep inflating and maximizing the victim's reaction to Reeves with words and phrases such as "ranting and raving", "verbally assaulting" and even "yelling", none of which is fact. Even if it were fact without a specific threat, mere yelling is not unlawful.
I liked the one were he said "Oulsen was ranting and raving after the popcorn was thrown". Anybody who watches the video can clearly see that Reeves shot him the instant he was hit with the popcorn. That doesn't leave a lot of time for Oulsen's rants. The guy had his hand on the gun ready to use it and he did.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:21 PM

For those who forgot what happened in this case let's repost what Sheriff Nocco of Pasco County said...

Nocco gave a similar story when he addressed the press about the shooting. He said Reeves initially went to the lobby of the theater to complain before going back to the movie.

“Chad Oulson then starts confronting him verbally, starts saying: ‘Oh, did you go in there and start complaining on me? Did you tell the staff about me?’” the sheriff said. “This verbal altercation starts getting louder and louder. During this altercation, it goes from a verbal to a physical altercation.” And then, “the suspect, Curtis Reeves, pulled out a gun.”

This appears that Reeves was quick in his action to avoid being hit by Oulsen.......

Tampa Bay Times - July 15 2014
Autopsy report indicates movie theater shooting victim raised his hand before gun was fired

The bullet fired into the chest of the man who died inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater last month also grazed his right hand, indicating the victim might have raised it at the moment he was shot, according to the autopsy report released Wednesday

Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I liked the one were he said "Oulsen was ranting and raving after the popcorn was thrown". Anybody who watches the video can clearly see that Reeves shot him the instant he was hit with the popcorn. That doesn't leave a lot of time for Oulsen's rants. The guy had his hand on the gun ready to use it and he did.
Where did you read that he had his gun ready? After Oulsen grabbed Reeves popcorn from him and threw it at him he raised his arm again. Read the autopsy report.

It was not as you state "Reeves shot him the instant he was hit with the popcorn. "

Old 07-15-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Where did I say anyone was ranting and raving AFTER the popcorn was thrown?

You think Ouslen was standing in front of Reeves discussing laundry detergent?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 PM

6,236 posts, read 5,787,849 times
This appears that Reeves was quick in his action to avoid being hit by Oulsen.......Was this a quote by Nocco??The bullet fired into the chest of the man who died inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater last month also grazed his right hand, indicating the victim might have raised it at the moment he was shot, according to the autopsy report released Wednesday
He raised it the moment he was shot...? This proves he tried to deflect the bulllet...not attack the old guy...

Old 07-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
For those who forgot what happened in this case let's repost what Sheriff Nocco of Pasco County said...

Nocco gave a similar story when he addressed the press about the shooting. He said Reeves initially went to the lobby of the theater to complain before going back to the movie.

“Chad Oulson then starts confronting him verbally, starts saying: ‘Oh, did you go in there and start complaining on me? Did you tell the staff about me?’” the sheriff said. “This verbal altercation starts getting louder and louder. During this altercation, it goes from a verbal to a physical altercation.” And then, “the suspect, Curtis Reeves, pulled out a gun.”

This appears that Reeves was quick in his action to avoid being hit by Oulsen.......

Tampa Bay Times - July 15 2014
Autopsy report indicates movie theater shooting victim raised his hand before gun was fired

The bullet fired into the chest of the man who died inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater last month also grazed his right hand, indicating the victim might have raised it at the moment he was shot, according to the autopsy report released Wednesday
I'm sure by the time he raised his hand it was defensive. His wife was also shot through the hand trying to defend him. The gunshot came quick. Reeves was ready to shoot before the popcorn was thrown.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
This appears that Reeves was quick in his action to avoid being hit by Oulsen.......Was this a quote by Nocco??The bullet fired into the chest of the man who died inside a Wesley Chapel movie theater last month also grazed his right hand, indicating the victim might have raised it at the moment he was shot, according to the autopsy report released Wednesday
He raised it the moment he was shot...? This proves he tried to deflect the bulllet...not attack the old guy...

No. I did not quote Nocco on that.

Deflect the bullet? Who was he, Superman? He got shot for raising his hand at Reeves after snatching and throwing Reeves' popcorn and then throwing some other object at Reeves which hit Reeves in the face Then he raised his hand again and that is when Reeves drew and shot his assailant. That is 3 separate aggressive moves.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Lets look at the facts as we know them to date:

Oulsen was asked to stop texting as it was bothering a fellow patron.

Oulsen blows off the request from Reeves.

Reeves gets up to seek management.

Reeves returns to his seat.

Oulsen stands up, turns around and begins to verbally assault Reeves.

Oulsen grabs Reeves' popcorn from him and throws it at him.

Oulsen throws some other object at Reeves causing Reeves' glasses to be knocked off.

Oulsen is still ranting and raving.

Reeves draws a legal weapon and shots Oulsen.

Who caused that action to be necessary?

I am standing by the exact same chain of events that I have stood by since the onset of this matter.
I have not wavered. I have not changed anything.

The scenario you propose on Black Friday has no relation to the Reeves situation. None.

To answer your question: Would I shoot you for getting the phone.

No, of course not. My life is not being threatened. My well being is not at risk. I am not at risk for bodily harm at that juncture.

If at any time that my life is being threatened, my well being put t risk or if I am at risk of bodily harm,
I would take the necessary steps to stop one or more of those events from happening. It may be picking up a brick and crushing a skull, it may be to lunge at someone and choke them to death, it may be a push out of a window, it may be using a gun or a knife, but one way of the other I am not going to allow it to happen.

The question the law needs to have answered is "Were you in fear of your life ?"

The Florida statute allows a person to use deadly force in self-defense “anyplace” where there is “imminent peril of death or great bodily harm.”

Case closed

Look familiar? It's one of your "facts".

Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I'm sure by the time he raised his hand it was defensive. His wife was also shot through the hand trying to defend him. The gunshot came quick. Reeves was ready to shoot before the popcorn was thrown.
He was ready to shoot after getting the popcorn snatched away from him and having it thrown at him.
Then he was ready to shoot after the object hit him in the face.
Then he was ready to shoot when Oulsen again raised his hands at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay