U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:08 PM

3,310 posts, read 3,684,818 times

Advertisements

$150K bail? really??? he killed someone and might repeat it in case someone will get him mad.... wow

Old 07-11-2014, 10:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,665,009 times
Bond has been posted. He's currently out, and under house arrest so to say only able to go to church and grocery stores and the movies.. Err, no not the movies.

A Florida Man Who Killed A Man In A Movie Theater Now Free On Bail!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:08 AM

23,059 posts, read 34,101,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't think his age should be a mitigating factor...I think bail should have been set higher...say 1 million...so he would and could come up with 10%...but it sends a message that taking a life has greater consequences...
I don't think his age was the most important decision. Usually it has to do with previous arrests, convictions, chances the suspect will flea, etc.

This person may have snapped or not but that will be for the day in court when his trial is. This guy doesn't have a criminal history and he wasn't stalking the dead person and neither did he know hi prior to the incident so it is not out of the ordinary that he got bail and the amount.

After all another judge made the decision in appealed court.

In the area probably everyone will know who he is...yesterday it came out that in Pasco county many illegals are dropped off and we have no clue who they are that is a bigger concern to me...how do we know about their backgrounds and criminal records. Reeves face is known and I would be shocked if he would go by himself to a grocery store which he is allowed to do. He is probably very well aware that the public opinion is not all in his favor and some will tell him when they see him.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:28 AM

6,239 posts, read 5,810,414 times
I think the testimony of the couple he had a run in over texting in the same movie theater a few weeks before...gives a picture of a guy that was a ticking time bomb...let's just hope no one does anything to flip his switch while he is out...I am not saying this guy is the most dangerous guy in Pasco by a long shot...it is Pasco afterall...lol

Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM

13,767 posts, read 18,651,400 times
POS!! Don't worry they'll get him out on the street and it will be far worse then him sitting in jail for the rest of his life.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,477,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
POS!! Don't worry they'll get him out on the street and it will be far worse then him sitting in jail for the rest of his life.
Who is "they'll?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:48 AM

12,135 posts, read 11,477,632 times
Quote:
I think the testimony of the couple he had a run in over texting in the same movie theater a few weeks before...gives a picture of a guy that was a ticking time bomb...let's just hope no one does anything to flip his switch while he is out...I am not saying this guy is the most dangerous guy in Pasco by a long shot...it is Pasco afterall...lol
Ticking time bomb? Ms. Dixon said that he ask them to stop texting and apparently reported it to management as an usher came by to tell the Dixon's not to text. Dixon went on to say Reeves asked someone else who was sitting in front of him to please stop texting. Ms. Dixon says that Reeves "glared at them" for the rest of the movie and again "glared" at her when she was on her way to a restroom.
i don't think it is illegal to "glare" at anyone, but if Ms. Dixon was upset by Reeves she could have called the police or reported it to management. She did neither.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:15 PM

8,240 posts, read 6,209,431 times
Who cares. Time to move on to other news.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:21 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,719,821 times
This is how the legal system works, an incorrect ruling by a judge gets overturned by the appeals court. Bail isn't meant to be a punishment, a deterrent, or a means to convey a "message" - regardless of personal feelings people may have about a particular case.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:47 PM

23,059 posts, read 34,101,811 times
Quote:
I heard that statement on two different channels. On one channel they had a longer piece than the other channel. The first channel run the video of the woman stating that Reeves had asked them to stop texting but without the few words that later were cut out it came across that he just had asked and not when you leave out more of her words that made it sound like a Reeves said it in aggressive way.

Almost the same happened in the Zimmerman case when NBC took out the words of the 911 operator where he asked what ethnicity the other guy had and Zimmerman mentioned the race...later it was edited to hearing Zimmerman saying "he is black" like he volunteered the info which was not how it happened and made it sound different.

I love to hear what will come out in trial and than we can make up our minds and if he shot without a good reason he should be locked up for a long time, otherwise he might get a sentence for bringing a gun into a place that it is not allowed but I don't remember ever seeing the notice that guns are not allowed over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay