Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 08:32 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,384 times

Advertisements

Ouch... Another major blow to Reeve's absurd claim of self defense lol
Reeves' DNA not found on cellphone in theater shooting case | Tampa Bay Times

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Ouch... Another major blow to Reeve's absurd claim of self defense lol
Reeves' DNA not found on cellphone in theater shooting case | Tampa Bay Times

Thats not news.

not a blow at all. the video speaks for itself.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Thats not news.

not a blow at all. the video speaks for itself.
You're exactly right, the video speaks for itself and:
-clearly shows Reeves was not holding Oulson back by the chest or shoulder with his left hand
-clearly shows Oulson was not "virtually on top of him or in his lap"
-clearly shows Oulson did not "jump up on his seat and climb over the back to get to Reeves"
-clearly shows that despite his absurd claims that due to arthritic hands "he can barely fire the gun", he is very capable and quite handy with his weapon

All of this was included in his statement to detectives just after the shooting and in between his incriminating ramblings and fabrications of which the detective's response was incredulous "uh huhs". Lol, the detectives were so disbelieving of his answers, they had to inquire of him "You're not intoxicated or anything like that?"

Old 07-25-2014, 01:13 AM

741 posts, read 908,890 times
Its pointless to try and persuade him to reason.
He's 'one of those' guys. He sees the same video we all see and to 'one of those guys', that's reasonable cause to open fire.

YOU DISRESPECT ME? WELL YOU DISRESPECTED THE WRONG GUY THIS TIME, BUD!!!

As noted: this is where hard-core 'concealed carriers' and street corner thugs have common ground that repulses the rest of functional, mainstream society. A petty, pathetically immature personage that demands 'respect' at all costs and is willing to kill for it. The weak rationalizations are pretty embarrassing (like, comparing a major league fastball to that situation, I think that was his absolute nadir in this discussion) but ultimately they just wind up hanging themselves with their own words and beliefs, demonstrating just how fringe and kookish they are to normal people who see them for what they are.

Ideologues are inherently unreasonable people thus not receptive to reason- so why bother trying to reason with them- but as with Dunn, as will occur with Reeves, this particular brand of detachment from reality can land you in prison for the rest of your days. IF Spring Hillian ever behaves similarly in a similar situation, he too will wind up in prison with people who will 'disrespect' him a lot worse

Old 07-25-2014, 07:37 AM

Did you read what the witnesses testified to? Apparently not.

Quote:
You're exactly right, the video speaks for itself and:
-clearly shows Reeves was not holding Oulson back by the chest or shoulder with his left hand
-clearly shows Oulson was not "virtually on top of him or in his lap"
-clearly shows Oulson did not "jump up on his seat and climb over the back to get to Reeves"
-clearly shows that despite his absurd claims that due to arthritic hands "he can barely fire the gun", he is very capable and quite handy with his weapon

All of this was included in his statement to detectives just after the shooting and in between his incriminating ramblings and fabrications of which the detective's response was incredulous "uh huhs". Lol, the detectives were so disbelieving of his answers, they had to inquire of him "You're not intoxicated or anything like that?"

Old 07-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Did you read what the witnesses testified to? Apparently not.
Every single word of it, transcript and audio. Seems in a theater with several witnesses, Mr. Reeves is the only one that sees delusions and apparitions. Of course he's the only one facing 25 so maybe that fogs his recollection of events..lol.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Every single word of it, transcript and audio. Seems in a theater with several witnesses, Mr. Reeves is the only one that sees delusions and apparitions. Of course he's the only one facing 25 so maybe that fogs his recollection of events..lol.
Very through. what delusions and apparitions do you refer to? 25 witnesses werent called.

I guess I didnt see an arm reaching out jabbering at Reeves TWICE and am going to guess that Oulson's cellphone dropped out of his hand and fell to the floor between Reeves' legs after the shot was fired.

I cant believe that there are people out there, Ghandi like, that would allow themselves to be assaulted, but obviously there are.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:05 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,229,615 times
Quote:
Very through. what delusions and apparitions do you refer to? 25 witnesses werent called.

I guess I didnt see an arm reaching out jabbering at Reeves TWICE and am going to guess that Oulson's cellphone dropped out of his hand and fell to the floor between Reeves' legs after the shot was fired.

I cant believe that there are people out there, Ghandi like, that would allow themselves to be assaulted, but obviously there are.
Reeves himself claimed he regretted every decision that led to the murder of Oulson.

"If I had to do it over again, it never would have happened," he told detectives. "I would have moved."

And yet, you continue to rush to his defense, like a dog to its vomit.

'I Can't Believe What I've Done:' Ex-Police Captain Curtis Reeves Jr. Weeps Over Killing Man in Texting Dispute in Movie Theater

Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM

I can assure you, anyone who has had to kill in self defense regrets it. It is the worse thing you could have to do in life. It is a split second decision. It is not something you take time to think about. I called him within his rights when I heard about it 30 mins after it happened. 71 year old ex cops dont go around taking someone out unless there were compelling reasons for it.

Florida law states that deadly force can be used when a person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. Therefore he is not guilty of murder, manslaughter or homicide.

At 71 your ability to defend yourself against an attack is limited at best. He was in close quarters and had a man loosing his cool in front of him. 2 strikes were made and he was not going to wait for the third.

Reeves is a good man that was forced into a bad situation. Oulsen was a young wise guy who had no fear of attacking an old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Reeves himself claimed he regretted every decision that led to the murder of Oulson.

"If I had to do it over again, it never would have happened," he told detectives. "I would have moved."

And yet, you continue to rush to his defense, like a dog to its vomit.

'I Can't Believe What I've Done:' Ex-Police Captain Curtis Reeves Jr. Weeps Over Killing Man in Texting Dispute in Movie Theater

Old 07-25-2014, 07:48 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,229,615 times
Quote:
I called him within his rights when I heard about it 30 mins after it happened.
I feel like this statement says the most about your flawed assessment of this situation than anything you've said previous to now. You made your decision about this guy based on your dogma long before you had any actual facts on which to base that opinion. P!$$ poor judgement, sir. Absolutely p!$$ poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay