U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Reputation: 5981

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
On this forum, 98 out of 100 were convinced Zimmerman was going to be found guilty. That is one of the problems with trying a case in the court of public forums. People decide guilt without seeing ALL the evidence, based on their own biases.

He may or may not be found guilty and it matters not to me personally. However, I do think the verdict in this case will set a standard for self defense going forward.
Yes you are right there Prius! I was flammed to no end when I said Zimmerman was innocent. I never got one single comment saying "hey you were right" because all the accusers were too busy on a gun law rant.

Look at this video. Reeves gets up, calmly walks into the lobby, calmly waits for the theater employee to finish up with the other person. Then he calmly explains the situation, points out the door of the theater and calmly returns to his seat. No signs of yelling, ranting, or being angry at all.

New video released of movie theater shooting | TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and The Tampa Times


Notice how we can clearly see an arm reaching out towards Reeves twice before the shot is fired.

Nobody who knows Reeves or worked with him ever saw him angry. I am sure in his line of work getting angry would go with the territory. He has never been known to threaten anyone or draw a weapon on someone. He certainly never had to shoot someone.

So I still see a pleasant older gentleman who was being attacked and who reasonably believed that such force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony;

The statute also says; A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

By the way, a forcible felony is;
“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:43 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,235 posts, read 5,785,689 times
Reputation: 8946
Five months ago I was called for jury duty...I was in a room of about 100-150 other citizens...so being the people watcher I am...I paid attention to each person as they went up to receive their $15 bucks...very disheartening experience...given the importance of serving on a jury is to our nation as a whole and to one individual specifically...I would think t-shirts and flip-flops wouldn't be the "norm" but they were...now I know judging a book by a cover blah blah blah...but I'm sorry some decorum should be expected from our citizens...I think finding a jury of one's peers around here is pretty damn near impossible...
 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,235 posts, read 5,785,689 times
Reputation: 8946
A not guilty verdict is not a finding of innocence...and I think GZ's behavior post verdict shows him for the man he is...
 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
After the Casey Anthony trial...I have lost all faith in the Florida jury pool...I think for people like GZ and Reeves carrying a gun emboldens them...and makes them more likely to seek out confrontation...I truly believe GZ would have stayed in his damn car had he not been carrying...and Reeves would have thought twice about picking a fight with a much younger man...
The prosecution failed to prove without a reasonable doubt that she killed the kid. The jury cant just go with their feelings. They have to go with the evidence that was presented. There was simply no proof that Anthony caused the death of the kid by her own hand. I think she was guilty as could be but there just was no proof of it.

Carrying a gun does not "embolden". It is a protective tool that can be used ONLY when the situation is a matter of life or death of bodily harm. You cant legally pull out a gun on someone and shoot them without
meeting the requirements of the law.

Anyone who legally possess a weapon is very well aware of that. Even showing someone a gun is against the law.

Reeves never picked a fight with anyone. He asked the fellow movie-goer to stop the texting as it annoyed him. He was told "**** off". He went to report his problem to theater staff. Then he went back and sat in his chair as Olson stood up faced him and struck at Reeves twice while verbally assaulting him and possibly moving towards the third strike as the autopsy says Olson's arm was extended when he was shot.
 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
A not guilty verdict is not a finding of innocence...and I think GZ's behavior post verdict shows him for the man he is...
His behavior post verdict has no bearing on the incident that he was being tried for.
 
Old 07-26-2014, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Five months ago I was called for jury duty...I was in a room of about 100-150 other citizens...so being the people watcher I am...I paid attention to each person as they went up to receive their $15 bucks...very disheartening experience...given the importance of serving on a jury is to our nation as a whole and to one individual specifically...I would think t-shirts and flip-flops wouldn't be the "norm" but they were...now I know judging a book by a cover blah blah blah...but I'm sorry some decorum should be expected from our citizens...I think finding a jury of one's peers around here is pretty damn near impossible...
but it is possible in 49 other states because all those people are different than the ones who reside here?
 
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,235 posts, read 5,785,689 times
Reputation: 8946
Reasonable doubt does not mean doubt without reason...and just the fact that you believe Casey is guilty speaks to the issue of the prosecution proving it's case...being on a jury does not mean you check your common sense at the door...and yes GZ post verdict behavior shows him to be a violent bully...which directly relates to what he was accused of...if you can't see that you are just so pro-gun it has made you extremely biased on this subject...
 
Old 07-26-2014, 04:02 PM
 
Location: USA's #1 MSA 4 Years Running
8,569 posts, read 7,322,163 times
Reputation: 4887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
A not guilty verdict is not a finding of innocence...and I think GZ's behavior post verdict shows him for the man he is...
Totally agree, but the jury did get the verdict correct based on the charges, the evidence and the instructions. Personally I think he is a turd, but I agree with the verdict......AFTER having reviewed the evidence presented.
 
Old 07-26-2014, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,428,326 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Reasonable doubt does not mean doubt without reason...and just the fact that you believe Casey is guilty speaks to the issue of the prosecution proving it's case...being on a jury does not mean you check your common sense at the door...and yes GZ post verdict behavior shows him to be a violent bully...which directly relates to what he was accused of...if you can't see that you are just so pro-gun it has made you extremely biased on this subject...
I am not anti-gun. I believe in the right to have them and I believe in the right that I can protect myself from bodily harm whether it be with a gun, a knife, a baseball bat, a rock.

Common sense must be left at the door of a court room. On what grounds would you say she was guilty?

You would have to answer several questions.

1. What killed her.
2. Where was she killed.
3. When was she killed.

Frankly, I think the boyfriend smothered the kid and Anthony was driving around for days with the body in the trunk. It got to a point where she could not drive the car anymore due to the stink. She phoned boyfriend and told boyfriend car was out of gas. She met her boyfriend at a auto parts store in East Orlando where she was with the car and where she left the car. If you watched his testimony he said he wanted to fix the car. Anthony said no, no. I will have to get a mechanic.

Why would boyfriend insist on looking under the hood if he was told by Anthony the car was out of gas?
That was b.s. testimony.

There was a gas station next door to the auto parts store. If it was lack of gas as Anthony told boyfriend, either one of them could have stepped over to the gas station and got gas or pushed the car to a pump.

So what are the answers to 1, 2, 3. The jury didnt know. Do you?
 
Old 07-26-2014, 04:23 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,235 posts, read 5,785,689 times
Reputation: 8946
Your three questions are absurd based on the fact that poor childs body was so badly decomposed...how about forget all facts presented in the case...and just listen to Casey's own mother cry out on the 911 tape...'it smells like a damn dead body was in that car"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top