U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 04:25 PM

12,135 posts, read 11,420,344 times

Advertisements

well, nothing new there. It still does not prove 1. how the kid died (cause of death
2. Who caused the death.

I would be first on line at a rally to say she was guilty of the murder of her kid.

However with the lack of 1 and 2 above a jury could not convict her.

I dont think any is in doubt that she was engaged in the death of the child but nobody can prove she did it.
That is why our justice system works so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You want circumstantial evidence and how it ties together... have a read here ...

Trial Notes: Casey Anthony Trial - Evidence: Tying It All Together

Twelve chimpanzees could have done a better job even without the Dessert Lady.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:40 PM

1,414 posts, read 1,363,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I would have grabbed him by the throat with one hand and punched his lights out with the other. However, I am not 71.
First of all, you have no idea who has combat experience here, son. Keep that in mind.

Secondly, the irony of you saying an assault by popcorn is an acceptable reason to use deadly force, while simultaneously saying you would have physically assaulted Oulsen is not lost on me.

Admit it: You're old (60s I'm guessing), and you're afraid. Just like The Coward Curtis Reeves.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
First of all, you have no idea who has combat experience here, son. Keep that in mind.

Secondly, the irony of you saying an assault by popcorn is an acceptable reason to use deadly force, while simultaneously saying you would have physically assaulted Oulsen is not lost on me.

Admit it: You're old (60s I'm guessing), and you're afraid. Just like The Coward Curtis Reeves.

Frankly I dont give a rat's ass who has combat experience here or not. My statement was to ask someone who does. Your silly ass comment is therefore thoughtless.

I guess you are dense as the rest of them. All you see is popcorn. you dont see the other strikes at Reeves nor did you sense the escalating anger of Oulsen. He was obviously getting more and more upset because he continued his assault.

Thats right I would have choked him right out. I would want to see his eye balls bulge. Oulson was a punk.
I'd get away with it under self defense. However, I am not 71 nor in my 60s.

If you think 60s is old you must be a unknowing kid.

BTW, I fear nothing. I grew up in an environment that erased fear from life.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:01 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,318,746 times
What the heck is with the fixation on popcorn, to the exclusion of ALL the other factors in the case?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:12 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,692,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
What the heck is with the fixation on popcorn, to the exclusion of ALL the other factors in the case?
Popcorn = Skittles

Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 AM

8,569 posts, read 7,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
Popcorn = Skittles
Oh. Gotcha!

Diversion.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:51 AM

1,414 posts, read 1,363,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Frankly I dont give a rat's ass who has combat experience here or not. My statement was to ask someone who does. Your silly ass comment is therefore thoughtless.

BTW, I fear nothing. I grew up in an environment that erased fear from life.
I guess I need to put a finer point on it for you - you're talking to a combat vet. Right now.

You fear nothing? Did you seriously just say that?

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
You tell me. All these bleeding hearts are convinced that their boy got taken out because somebody grabbed and threw popcorn. They don't see the verbal attack, they don't see Reeves calmly leaving and returning to the theater when he reported the problem to management. They don't see Oulson standing up, turning to Reeves to continue his verbal barrage which then went physical and a cell phone was thrown and then Reeves gets physically attacked when the idiot escalates it again by grabbing the man's stuff.
No, they don't see that Reeves' only thought could be "this guy is going to kick my ass" and that threat was not taken lightly by Reeves who being in close quarters, unable to retreat and having no obligation to do so stopped the attack dead in its tracks. Reeves then sat down and waited for authorities to show up.
There was another LEO there at the scene who apparently disarmed Reeves. An angry mad man would not have let that happen but would have shot the LEO who was a witness and reacted to the shot being fired.
No,they don't see that. All they see is this little girl who doesnt have a daddy anymore and a wife who is
devastated that her hulking bully of a husband picked on an old man because being the punk he was thought that the old man would sit down after the assault and life would go on. Oulsen, in his rage, gave no thought to the fact that his victim just may be armed and would shoot him once the assault progressed and a third portion of the attack was forthcoming. Oulson was not going to sit down after striking Reeves twice. He would have and was prepared to jump over his seat and injure Reeves.

All this could have been avoided if Oulsen did the right thing and put away his phone OR left the theater and carried on with his chat outside of the theater. But no, bully boy had a old man as a victim of his rage for being disrespected when nicely asked to stop the texting. Bullly boy wanted to show Reeves and his own wife how tough he was and show his wife that he is not the kind of guy who would back down in an argument. RIP Mr. Oulsen.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
I guess I need to put a finer point on it for you - you're talking to a combat vet. Right now.

You fear nothing? Did you seriously just say that?

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Thank you for your service. I am a Navy veteran, Vietnam Era. You are correct. I fear nothing. I was in more dangerous life threatening situations before I was 18 then you saw in your combat service.

I am neither a fool or a fanatic. I believe in the rights granted to us as American citizens and I will do what it takes to defend a fellow American in exercising their rights.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:03 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,069,235 times
The phrase you keep using SH is verbal assualt which is not illegal, at least not felony illegal. I can tell you to F off, talk bad about you and tell you to get the f out of my face.. It's not against the law. The only punk in the case was Reeves and eyewitnesses have said he was angry. Lol they should have slapped a tampering with a witness and resisting arrest charge on him as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay