U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-31-2014, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
But we do know that Reeves reported Oulson for texting when Reeves was texting in the theater as well. Oulson did not report Reeves for texting.
No, he was too busy escalating the event.

 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
We don't know if Oulson was eager to find an old man to threaten, bully, and assault. We don't.
Sure. He could have had a bad week at the office, had someone do something to cause him to harbor ill feelings and then used the theater incident as a way to vent.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
it doesnt mean he wasnt deliverying a punch. It does seem that motion caused Reeves to react with deadly force.

Sure, anyone can explode for the first time later in life. The Upton and the Dunn cases have nothing to do with being physically assaulted.

We dont know if Oulson was under a tremendous amount of stress before he ever set foot in the theater either. What was the reason for him not being at work that day???? Were there some problems with superiors or co workers at the work place that he may have had on his mind and thus the trip to the movie theater to relax?



Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Your opinion only ... if someone aimed a gun at me, I would put up my hand as a natural defense mechanism. Doesn't mean I was trying to deliver the "knockout" blow as you call it.

I bet Reeves is getting lots of praise for solving this problem ... and someone can't explode for the 1st time in later life ? Once again, please review the Upton case in California or the Michael Dunn case in Jax. Some mass murderers don't kill anyone until later in life. We don't know if Reeves might have been under a tremendous amount of stress before he ever set foot in the theater.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:21 AM
 
15,878 posts, read 17,419,178 times
Reputation: 30354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
No, not a frail old man but an older man with common health issues for a person his age.
How someone speaks to their spouse is irrelevant. You can "imagine" but you will never know.

Dooley is a different case. I agree with your narration. Yes, he felt threatened but there wasnt any physical attack upon him. He could have turned and walked away without any problem.

Reeves did get involved in something that was his concern. Reeves did not escalate the matter to the use of physical attack.

Neither Dooley or Reeves are sitting in jail.

I am quite sure that no average family man ever thinks that he is going to need to ever use deadly force in his lifetime. Circumstances cause detours.

Yes, Reeves could have moved. He didnt want to. That is his prerogative. He bought a ticket and was entitled to sit where ever he wanted.

If some one tells you to "hush" during a movie you dont wind up physically attacking that person in a normal society. Mr. Oulson let his anger get the best of him and his anger built to the point where he felt physical assault was warranted. Physical assault is never warranted unless your well being is in jeopardy.

Actually how he talks to his wife is quite relevant. It shows what type of person he is.

They used to tell women when they would go out on date, pay attention to how your date talks/treats the waitress. Because that is how he will be treating you down the road.

Well Reeves should have moved, his "prerogative" is costing him and his wife a lot of money. Money they will never recover at their age.

I guarantee Reeves unless he is a complete moron, wishes he could back in time and had changed seats.

He has destroyed two families. His actions have him facing jail time and money that was supposed to go to a comfortable retirement is now being spent on lawyers. At 71, you don't recoup that money, at 41 even 51 it is possible, not at 71.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually how he talks to his wife is quite relevant. It shows what type of person he is.

They used to tell women when they would go out on date, pay attention to how your date talks/treats the waitress. Because that is how he will be treating you down the road.

Well Reeves should have moved, his "prerogative" is costing him and his wife a lot of money. Money they will never recover at their age.

I guarantee Reeves unless he is a complete moron, wishes he could back in time and had changed seats.

He has destroyed two families. His actions have him facing jail time and money that was supposed to go to a comfortable retirement is now being spent on lawyers. At 71, you don't recoup that money, at 41 even 51 it is possible, not at 71.
I am sure he wishes that there could be a do-over. I am sure Ms. Oulsen feels the same way. 'if he would just have put the phone away he would still be here'

It sure will cost them a lot of money for defense, but the man did what he had to do to protect himself from bodily harm and that is the bottom line here. Nothing else really matters except for the events that unfolded in that theater that day.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:37 AM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,599 posts, read 2,797,726 times
Reputation: 2301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
it doesnt mean he wasnt deliverying a punch. It does seem that motion caused Reeves to react with deadly force.
Your opinion again and all speculation ... I'll just wait for the next Pinellas 12 to let Reeves off so he can return to the movies, text, and then shoot a 12-year-girl because she was texting and accidentally spit out her gum out and it hit him in the eye. He's nothing more than a hypocritical, angry, control freak that wants it both ways. Initiating a complaint on someone texting right after texting yourself. All of the pain and suffering this idiot has caused because he couldn't have it both ways ...
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I guess you can find a justification for these old crazy people who run over crowd on their cars just because they cannot control their emotions and cannot/ don't want to wait...
You can talk about self defense all say long. There were no justification for one.
Are you related to the killer?
No, I am not related to Mr. Reeves. Never met him.
As far as no justification, I guess you find it acceptable to have someone scream at you, grab your property from your hands and throw it at you, throw an object at you that knocks your glasses off and then prepares to deliver another blow at you. I assume you would smile at your attacker and tell him that you will "turn the other cheek" and submit to them.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Your opinion again and all speculation ... I'll just wait for the next Pinellas 12 to let Reeves off so he can return to the movies, text, and then shoot a 12-year-girl because she was texting and accidentally spit out her gum out and it hit him in the eye. He's nothing more than a hypocritical, angry, control freak that wants it both ways. Initiating a complaint on someone texting right after texting yourself. All of the pain and suffering this idiot has caused because he couldn't have it both ways ...
Your opinion and all speculation as well. I think you are exaggerating this situation to the point of ridiculum.

You have made assumptions that you have no way to prove because they are no more than your opinion.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,424,338 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-TAMPA View Post
[QUOTE[list=1]


"If you werent so biased"

I've seen you make statements like this throughout this thread and I must admit I laugh everytime you accuse others of being biased...
Maybe biased was the wrong word. Prejudiced would have been a better word.
 
Old 07-31-2014, 09:55 AM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,599 posts, read 2,797,726 times
Reputation: 2301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Your opinion and all speculation as well. I think you are exaggerating this situation to the point of ridiculum.

You have made assumptions that you have no way to prove because they are no more than your opinion.
It's no assumption that Reeves was texting in the theater as well. The only ridiculous thing is Reeves getting up to report Oulson when the old POS was texting himself.

I can just hear the conversation between the Reeves before the incident ...

Reeves gets up ...
Mrs. Reeves - "Where are you going ? "
Reeves - "Gonna report this guy for texting in front of me - shouldn't be texting in the theater"
Mrs. Reeves - "Curtis, sit down - you were just texting as well - leave it alone"
Reeves - "Doesn't matter, I am in charge here and what I say goes"
Mrs. Reeves - "Curtis - please sit and calm down - let's just change seats and enjoy our day"
Reeves - "No f*king way - I'm gonna make him pay"
Mrs. Reeves - "Curtis, please sit down !!"
Reeves - "Shut the hell up - I know what I'm doing"

My last word until the Pasco 12 lets him off ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top