U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 04:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Yep, that's a tough man telling a woman to shut the f*k up ... and since he was so tough,
why did he fear Oulson ?
Simple. Oulson was attacking him. Oulson was committing a crime.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 PM

741 posts, read 597,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Simple. Oulson was attacking him. Oulson was committing a crime.
If his wife had smacked him for talking to her like that, would he have been within his legal right to shoot her, too?

Because per your position, the answer is yes.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 PM

56 posts, read 87,863 times
[quote=Spring Hillian;35908746]

Yes. He did tell her to ****. Nobody is saying Reeves was a pansy. He is tough man.

Unreal...this sentence alone speaks volumes to your mindset... I guess " Toug Guys" verbally abuse women in your world. Very very sad.. It's no wonder you have to carry a gun around everywhere with you because if you were to verbally abuse any woman that I was with in public you would certainly have a problem. Upon me confronting you regarding your abusive behavior you would now have your moment to shine as you may feel "threatened" ...Pathetic

Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM

741 posts, read 597,415 times
They're all like that.

It's an immensely pathetic mental disorder about 'RESPECT' however one by one. Michael Dunn, Nathan Juratovac and here shortly Curtis Reeves (and others), hot-headed morons who abuse their carry permits with flimsy self defense justifications are learning the hard way that juries aren't drawn from internet gun forum eLawyers.

Normal people will throw them in jail, fast.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:21 AM

One incident has nothing to do with the other. Reeves spent his life involved in law enforcement and took that bull by the horns. He is a blessing to the law enforcement community as far as his accomplishments in law enforcement. You are looking at "tough" as a bully or the guy who kicks sand in your face at the beach. That is not my description of tough. For me tough is a person who can perform well under difficult conditions consistently. The guys who hit the beach at Omaha are tough. Those who serve in the military today are tough. Firemen are tough. Law enforcement folks are tough. Every day they are risking their lives for the good of others.

There is a huge difference between feeling "threatened" and being in fear for your life or well being.

Like a million other Floridians, I carry a weapon to avoid being a victim of crime. A way to have either an upper and or a equal hand as an attacker. Simple as that. It is also useful when you are in a situation where your life or well being is at risk. Otherwise it sits quietly at my side bothering nobody.

[quote=NY-TAMPA;35911204]
Quote:

Yes. He did tell her to ****. Nobody is saying Reeves was a pansy. He is tough man.

Unreal...this sentence alone speaks volumes to your mindset... I guess " Toug Guys" verbally abuse women in your world. Very very sad.. It's no wonder you have to carry a gun around everywhere with you because if you were to verbally abuse any woman that I was with in public you would certainly have a problem. Upon me confronting you regarding your abusive behavior you would now have your moment to shine as you may feel "threatened" ...Pathetic

Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM

The theater was mostly darkened. So a witness that is most likely looking at a movie screen and only turns their attention to something else has only done so because something happened to cause them to divert their attention. Thus the witness is seeing something that happened after it happened.

How many car crashes have you seen happen in real time compared to the times you heard the sounds of an accident and then looked to see a crash scene?

A 71 year old man getting into a physical altercation with a stranger who appeared to be much younger and larger than himself is looking for a beating, just what Reeves was trying to avoid. Reeves was not "making a point" he was defending himself against an attack.

Perhaps it would have been prudent to move to another spot in the theater but certainly not necessary.
He asked the person to cease the action, the person decided to ignore the request. When Reeves went to report the incident to management he was doing the right thing. Upon returning to his seat Oulsen confronted Reeves in an angry manner and then took physical actions against Reeves.

Reeves is a trained law enforcement officer with more hours spent practicing fast and accurate use of a firearm in his life than most people. Being extremely capable of using firearm was a major requirement of his career. If he had the weapon by his side at the ready only demonstrates the fear encountered by Mr. Reeves at that moment. He saw an explosive situation worsening and witnessed two physical acts against him with his attacker not backing down any after either one. Reeves knew there would be further bodily harm done to him based on what already transpired. His intent was to protect himself from further harm and nothing more. When a police officer enters a situation where there could be action taken against him he draws his weapon or has his hand on the weapon. This is done in certain traffic stops and most other situations where violence has taken place before his arrival at the scene or where violence against the officer is possible.

You have shown your emotional reasoning in your statement "do NOT justify killing a father of young girl, husband, somebody's son and brother for this." That tells me if Reeves' attacker was a 20 year old member of a street gang who was standing there instead of Ouslon, you would think Reeves would be justified in his actions.

Yes, indeed. There are many "sick" people and thank God I have the right to protect myself from harm by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
well, according to witnesses it's not the case. Reeves was a bully and provoke victim to grab "his property". But it still don't justify the use of gun in public place. If Reeves had no ball to fight other than to use a gun to make a point, he should move away from whatever annoyed him. He was provoking this accident and reacted fairly quickly for such an old dude. Reeves mind was set for using his gun, so it wasn't an impulsive decision. Most people cannot react that quick anyways unless they are holding a hand on the gun and have all intentions to use it.
It's just silly, all your excuses are so lame and do NOT justify killing a father of young girl, husband, somebody's son and brother for this.
There are many sick people (and I am sure we already witnessed few in this thread). Just keep in mind - karma is a B-word

Old 08-02-2014, 08:02 AM

4,599 posts, read 2,792,699 times
Quote:
Perhaps it would have been prudent to move to another spot in the theater but certainly not necessary.
He asked the person to cease the action, the person decided to ignore the request. When Reeves went to report the incident to management he was doing the right thing.
Doing the right thing ??? Was Reeves doing the right thing since it's been proven he himself was already texting in the movie theater ? That fact alone shows the man's true character ...

Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 AM

Nobody has the right to touch or grab another person or their property regardless of the situation.

If you are in line at the supermarket and the person before you is taking too long to write a check do you have the right to grab the pen out of their hands in anger and if you do, would you expect consequences?

Read what I said about what witnesses may or may not have seen.

Your total denial of the fact that Oulson committed a crime and was intent on continuing his attack on Reeves is beyond logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
well, according to witnesses it's not the case. Reeves was a bully and provoke victim to grab "his property". But it still don't justify the use of gun in public place. If Reeves had no ball to fight other than to use a gun to make a point, he should move away from whatever annoyed him. He was provoking this accident and reacted fairly quickly for such an old dude. Reeves mind was set for using his gun, so it wasn't an impulsive decision. Most people cannot react that quick anyways unless they are holding a hand on the gun and have all intentions to use it.
It's just silly, all your excuses are so lame and do NOT justify killing a father of young girl, husband, somebody's son and brother for this.
There are many sick people (and I am sure we already witnessed few in this thread). Just keep in mind - karma is a B-word

Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 AM

6,224 posts, read 5,774,031 times
Round and round we go...

Old 08-02-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Doing the right thing ??? Was Reeves doing the right thing since it's been proven he himself was already texting in the movie theater ? That fact alone shows the man's true character ...
nothing has been proven yet. This isnt a matter of who texted or did not text or when they texted or if it was raining in Peoria when they texted. It is a matter of being assaulted and doing something to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay