U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,085,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Wrong. It was because he was under attack from an angry man who had already took two shots at him and was still enraged when he got shot.

Separate one from the other and it will appear clearer.
Even Reeves says he wasn't under attack. He clearly says "throw popcorn at me".

Old 08-02-2014, 07:59 PM

12,135 posts, read 11,587,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Exactly, what if ... what if the old a*hole just sat down quietly and spoke with his wife instead of getting upset with something he was just doing. Two families would not be ruined or on the way to ruin. Reeves' anger is what started the whole thing.

Would you have gone to management over Oulson's texting ? I would never ruin someone else's experience in a movie by playing social media police. Would you ?

The legal pundits I hear discuss the case don't think Reeves has a chance in h*ll of escaping jail time.
All have reviewed the same evidence as us and I think they know more than you or me ...
what if oulson just let it go after Reeves came back?

no, i would not have gone to management over the texting issue. It wouldnt bother me.

It makes no difference what the legal pundits have to say. It is going to matter what a jury of his peers is going to say.

All I am saying is nobody has the right to strike at or grab at another person. When the situation evolves past that point and further action by the assailant is expected the victim has the right to defend themselves.
That is what happened. Reeves defended himself against further harm. That is a basic human right.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 PM

4,597 posts, read 2,850,945 times
Quote:
what if oulson just let it go after Reeves came back?

no, i would not have gone to management over the texting issue. It wouldnt bother me.

It makes no difference what the legal pundits have to say. It is going to matter what a jury of his peers is going to say.

All I am saying is nobody has the right to strike at or grab at another person. When the situation evolves past that point and further action by the assailant is expected the victim has the right to defend themselves.
That is what happened. Reeves defended himself against further harm. That is a basic human right.
Reeves started it - Reeves ended it - and now Reeves will pay. Hope he's happy with himself ...

Curtis Reeves, Texting-In-Theater Shooting Suspect, Expresses Remorse - TIME

Old 08-02-2014, 10:18 PM

3,313 posts, read 3,721,753 times
The best gift Reeves can give his family now is to kill himself otherwise his family would be spendig all their money...

Old 08-02-2014, 11:14 PM

741 posts, read 608,730 times
Quote:
The last time I read a posting from zaba was when they launched a personal attack on me. I realized at that time that I was dealing with a zealot.
No, you immediately proclaimed you were 'blocking me' once I proposed the bet because talk is cheap but a leave-forever bet has an actual consequence; you realized you couldn't continue to babble your nonsense forever while simultaneously chickening out of a simple loser-leaves-town bet without looking like a moron.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Even Reeves says he wasn't under attack. He clearly says "throw popcorn at me".
This is classic of people trying to maintain an indefensible position; they try to infuse irrelevant technicalities with meaning, they belabor semantics to death.

THE GUN? THE SHOOTING? THE VIDEO? Pffft! That's nothing!
WHAT ABOUT HOW THE OTHER GUY KINDA MOVED HIS ARM AND MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE DONE SOMETHING WITH A CEL PHONE! WHY ARE YOU FOCUSING ON POPCORN!! IT'S NOT JUST POPCORN!

It's always this way. If the plain facts don't support their position, they hope that they can razzle-dazzle people to ignore the plain facts by quarreling over minutiae and pedantry. Pathetic? Yes. Transparent? Yes, but a standard tactic of defense lawyers and ideologues on the wrong side of an issue, trying to defend the indefensible.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Deadly force requires a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. Not 'fear of being disrespected', not 'you can use deadly force if anyone touches you in any way whatsoever'.

This is the part you are so desperate to ignore. You have a basic human right to defend yourself, you do not have a basic human right to shoot people in any confrontation and then just fill in the blanks afterward with a bull**** story. The part where your credability crumbles is suggesting that what we see on the video constitutes a reasonable threat of death or great bodily harm without HUGELY torturing the facts (ie, comparing the movement of a cel phone to a major league fastball)

They wrote those laws that way so they very specifically excluded idiots who shot people over getting popcorn thrown at them (and whatever other irrelevant semantics you want to pretend matter).

This is why he won't take the leave forever bet, this is why he immediately 'ignored' me the instant I proposed it.
Because deep down, he knows he's a goner but ideologues will dig in and defend their positions no matter how stupid they wind up looking in the process.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Reeves started it - Reeves ended it - and now Reeves will pay. Hope he's happy with himself ...

Curtis Reeves, Texting-In-Theater Shooting Suspect, Expresses Remorse - TIME
All Reeves did is ask a fellow movie goer to cease the texting as it annoyed him. A civilized person would have apologized, got up and left the theater to continue and conclude his need to text. Of course Reeves feels remorse. He killed a man.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:09 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,850,945 times
Quote:
All Reeves did is ask a fellow movie goer to cease the texting as it annoyed him. A civilized person would have apologized, got up and left the theater to continue and conclude his need to text. Of course Reeves feels remorse. He killed a man.
A civilized person would have never bothered a man who was texting. Especially when he was doing it himself ...

Old 08-03-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
A civilized person would have never bothered a man who was texting. Especially when he was doing it himself ...
You have never asked someone to hush it up in a movie theater?

Was Reeves texting before or after being attacked?

The answer is before. That does not change the fact that Oulson attacked Reeves and could have caused great bodily harm or cause Reeves to in fear of his life. It was as the attack escalated that Reeves shot the aggressor and nothing anybody says is going to change that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay