U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2014, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times
Reputation: 5981

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Verbose ? Yes, as most of your posts are ...
Opinion ? Yes, as you weren't there ...

As the pro Casey Anthony zealots did, maybe you can contribute a few $$$ to Reeves' defense fund ? I'm sure he would appreciate the money ... although money won't help him beat this one.
Verbose - yes, I like to make my thoughts clear to others.

Opinion - yes, all we have here is opinion. Opinion based on known facts. Like it is a fact that Oulson physically attacked Reeves and that is why he was shot. Like it is a fact that a person has full legal rights to defend themselves against an attack in the manner they choose. In this case it was by using a firearm.

I asked before but per the norm, no reply. If Reeves took out a blackjack and cracked Oulsons head open leading to his death would Reeves still be the victim of so much contempt?


There is one poster here who is keeping their record solid with not replying to questions. Just of the many here who like to make statements and never have to back them up. I consider that trolling. Trolls never respond, they only make statements.

 
Old 08-04-2014, 06:08 PM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,067,388 times
Reputation: 1990
Shooting an unarmed man and an unarmed women. I think Reeves will be slightly above a child molester in the pecking order when arrives at prison.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 06:14 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,599 posts, read 2,792,699 times
Reputation: 2301
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Shooting an unarmed man and an unarmed women. I think Reeves will be slightly above a child molester in the pecking order when arrives at prison.
And ex-cop to boot ...
 
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 PM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,067,388 times
Reputation: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Getting up out of your seat, turning to face me, yelling at me, throwing your cell phone at me, grabbing my stuff and throwing at me concludes Oulson was looking for a confrontation. Otherwise he would have stayed in his seat and went on with his life after Reeves returned to his seat.

It was Oulson who didnt want to let it go and that is obvious. You say no felony which was based on case law that has nothing to do with this type of matter. The Statue is clear. Otherwise it would be amended to drop those over 65.

Give it up already dude. Your boy went one step beyond.
Right the court is going to ignore case law because Reeves is special, lol. Case law has already been used against Reeves.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,067,388 times
Reputation: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
And ex-cop to boot ...
If I was in his shoes, at his old age , I'd go ahead and have one last Christmas with the family and then off myself.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 06:58 PM
 
741 posts, read 597,233 times
Reputation: 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
If I was in his shoes, at his old age , I'd go ahead and have one last Christmas with the family and then off myself.
That's probably his best bet.
Probably can assume he kept at least one gun stashed away in violation of his bond conditions for that very reason.

When he's convicted, he'll be remanded into custody immediately. Florida doesn't allow Self Surrender for cases like this so it isn't like he can 'take a shot' at acquittal and then when he's convicted, off himself prior to going to prison.

He either spares the taxpayers the expense and effort of convicting him or he spends his golden years in maximum security prison with career criminals and terrible predators where he'll surely be able to 'command respect'
 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:16 PM
 
Location: FL
1,400 posts, read 1,067,388 times
Reputation: 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
That's probably his best bet.
Probably can assume he kept at least one gun stashed away in violation of his bond conditions for that very reason.

When he's convicted, he'll be remanded into custody immediately. Florida doesn't allow Self Surrender for cases like this so it isn't like he can 'take a shot' at acquittal and then when he's convicted, off himself prior to going to prison.

He either spares the taxpayers the expense and effort of convicting him or he spends his golden years in maximum security prison with career criminals and terrible predators where he'll surely be able to 'command respect'
Yeah, he's probably mad that his guns got taken away, it threw a wrench in his plans. He probably has a bunch of gun kook friends that'll bring one over if he chooses that route. What concerns me is he lost significant weight during his six month cooling off period in the slammer. By the time trial starts, if he doesn't cap himself first, he'll probably go to court a frail, undernourished old man and the defense will play that up for all it's worth. The prosecution needs to remind the jurors this is not the Reeves of 1/14 at normal thug weight, fully agile, packing heat with a grudge.

And yes, once that verdict is read, it's game over and off to the pen. He might get beat up once or twice but as far as I know FL has prison facilities for the old and sick so he'll probably end up in one of those.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 PM
 
Location: USA's #1 MSA 4 Years Running
8,569 posts, read 7,309,510 times
Reputation: 4885
Default Regroup

I think the OP was about this:

Curtis Reeves gets bond set at 150K

Not about guns, gun owners or the trial itself.

I think we have gotten off track a bit.

I hope y'all have a wonderful, calm and peaceful night.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 11,408,679 times
Reputation: 5981
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I think the OP was about this:

Curtis Reeves gets bond set at 150K

Not about guns, gun owners or the trial itself.

I think we have gotten off track a bit.

I hope y'all have a wonderful, calm and peaceful night.
They are just coming up with nonsense now since they can see that their boy was a punk bullying an old man. So they go off on gun owners and sensible people who dont get their butts kicked. Just like everything else they wrote about it all fantasy. If one of them ever got into a situation they would hand over their goods, beg for their lives and probably get a bullet in the head for being so weak. Thugs love weakness, make it easier on them all around. But that's the way it is, there are those who will stand up for their rights and those who will give them away at the drop of a hat.

God forbid this country ever needs to reinstate the draft. We will have an military of pansies who will
sell us out for a candy bar.
 
Old 08-04-2014, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay`. ><((((>.`><((((>
4,432 posts, read 5,897,056 times
Reputation: 13363
Closed for Mod's review.
__________________
My mod posts will always be in red.
The Rules Infractions & Deletions Who's the moderator? FAQ What is a "Personal Attack" What is "Trolling" Guidelines for copyrighted material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top