U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 07:52 PM

4,589 posts, read 4,016,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
That's a shame. I find that red light cameras and corruption go hand-in-hand.

Why can't I record somebody running a red-light and then have the state force them to pay me?
The question is this: "Why run a red light?" Is that in the driving manual as an option?
I doubt it.

It's simple, if you don't want them to make money of your ignorance and reckless driving, then don't run red lights! You know, this is why they have the yellow lights...to help you stop at the red! They even give you time to stop! Imagine what it would b like to go from green to red straight!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
What I like about this country is that each state has its constitutional rights and each state is like unique place LOL
Hahahhahahahhahaahahha
You mean like when we get out to vote only to have it annulled by some judge? Hahahhahahahhahaahahha

Old 07-12-2014, 08:09 PM

5,966 posts, read 7,521,728 times
40% of revenue collected is from right turns. Even if you stop but over the white line, you committed a violation. And 90% of straight line violations occur within 1 second of red [while opposing traffic is still red for that I second]. Adding 1 second to the yellow time would fix the problem. I wonder how many of the less than 1 second violators took a chance to not get a $158 fine or get $8000 of damage from getting rear ended from a tailgating driver.
How many police cameras, traffic cameras, red light cameras would an intersection need to be installed to have an inattentive driver who was texting stop at a red light?

Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
40% of revenue collected is from right turns. Even if you stop but over the white line, you committed a violation. And 90% of straight line violations occur within 1 second of red [while opposing traffic is still red for that I second]. Adding 1 second to the yellow time would fix the problem. I wonder how many of the less than 1 second violators took a chance to not get a $158 fine or get $8000 of damage from getting rear ended from a tailgating driver.
How many police cameras, traffic cameras, red light cameras would an intersection need to be installed to have an inattentive driver who was texting stop at a red light?
My question is when will cops actually punish all violations! Seems like it's all speeding & nothing else! Texting should be banned & enforced...if not actually enforced then a ban is useless!

The "city" or whomever is getting rich over this will make ten times more money if they just ticketed everyone who is not using their turning signals!!!

Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 AM

30,881 posts, read 35,019,562 times
I always think the best attitude while driving is to drive as if the driving inspector who is going to pass or fail you on your driving test is sitting in the passenger seat.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:32 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,131,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
It's simple, if you don't want them to make money of your ignorance and reckless driving, then don't run red lights!
Running a red light isn't necessarily reckless. Everybody knows this, which is why everybody does it and why law enforcement doesn't traditionally give out tickets for most red light runners that they observe.

If there were any evidence that any red light camera company anywhere was exercising good judgement, there wouldn't be an outcry. Instead, every single place that has installed them has used them to take money from safe drivers.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,131,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Hahahhahahahhahaahahha
You mean like when we get out to vote only to have it annulled by some judge? Hahahhahahahhahaahahha
LOL! Earlier in the thread, I pointed out that states rights are something that USED TO BE respected by the federal government but that is not the case any more. Annie of Oldsmar (not exaggerating, the most vindictive mod in any City Data forum) deleted my post for grammar.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Running a red light isn't necessarily reckless. Everybody knows this, which is why everybody does it and why law enforcement doesn't traditionally give out tickets for most red light runners that they observe.

If there were any evidence that any red light camera company anywhere was exercising good judgement, there wouldn't be an outcry. Instead, every single place that has installed them has used them to take money from safe drivers.
What evidence do you have that those who run red lights were "safe drivers"?
Or "Statistics" based on actual driving records?

Old 07-13-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I always think the best attitude while driving is to drive as if the driving inspector who is going to pass or fail you on your driving test is sitting in the passenger seat.
Aren't you from Canada? I know someone who lives there who didn't pass the driving exam because he didn't speed up a ramp entering a highway!!!! LOL in America people don't know that the ramps are for speeding up to match highway speed or slow down! People here learn how to drive in Walmart parking lots on friends cars without dual controls! What do you expect? When there is no proper way to learn how to drive!
But what can u expect from a Gov made up from retirees with one foot in the grave? Obviously nothing!

Old 07-13-2014, 02:20 PM

515 posts, read 1,036,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm more shocked how the interest of the companies installing them is so high that it easily can cause fraud.
These companies get paid a certain percentage of every ticket...that incentive is bad in my opinion.
Completely false. It is illegal for companies to get a percentage of the fine. This is specified in the law, FS 316.0083(4):

An individual may not receive a commission from any revenue collected from violations detected through the use of a traffic infraction detector. A manufacturer or vendor may not receive a fee or remuneration based upon the number of violations detected through the use of a traffic infraction detector.

Each camera is leased from a vendor. The lease price is the same for each one no matter how many citations are issued from the camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: