Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 09:01 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times

Advertisements

Here are the grades for much of the northern parts Pinellas County, the areas I've seen requested most frequently on City Data:

Elementary Schools:
Ozona - A
Curlew Creek - B
Cypress Woods - A
Sutherland - A
Lake St. George - A
Highland Lakes - A
Safety Harbor Elementary- B
Oldsmar - A

K-8 Schools
Plato Academy - A (charter school)

Middle Schools
Carwise - A
Palm Harbor - A
Safety Harbor Middle - B

High Schools
Palm Harbor - pending
Countryside - pending
East Lake - A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:06 AM

I also want to note East Lake High now has a new middle school program that will start this year. It will be interesting to see how it does.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM

I'd add in the district grade, but it wouldn't accurately reflect the northern county schools. For those considering a move to Pinellas, it is an enormous and very densely populated county. South Pinellas, Central Pinellas, and North Pinellas are all very different, especially in terms of schools.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:06 PM

12 posts, read 20,247 times
If you MUST choose pinellas, north pinellas schools are a better choice. Also, there is FACTS and STEP UP scholarships for private schools. After volunteering 2 years at McMullen Booth Elementary, Safety Harbor Milddle, Countryside High and Leila G. Davis Elementary, I have lost faith in public education. Please research COMMON CORE. Pinellas is OVERLY populated, and has a beach bum feel to it. If you are college educated and have good income, it's a great place to live...If you are middle class, look to move to another STATE. I am moving from Florida due to the middle school having 1600 kids, and high stakes testing. Most children are either stand offish, or are having sex or doing drugs. The "normal" kids are too rich and are either traveling, boating, or at some weekend beach resort. Safety harbor is a great town to move into, and the middle school is the strictest in the area. The town offers TONS of rec activities with a good demographic of well educated kids. Thrid friday is a a main street treat, and it is very pedestrian and bike friendly. There is also a reasonably priced private school. If you move to pinellas stick to Palm harbor, Ozona, Safety Harbor and NORTH EAST clearwater (close to the mall the better.) Good luck!

Old 11-12-2014, 07:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miz.hanson212 View Post
If you MUST choose pinellas, north pinellas schools are a better choice. Also, there is FACTS and STEP UP scholarships for private schools. After volunteering 2 years at McMullen Booth Elementary, Safety Harbor Milddle, Countryside High and Leila G. Davis Elementary, I have lost faith in public education. Please research COMMON CORE. Pinellas is OVERLY populated, and has a beach bum feel to it. If you are college educated and have good income, it's a great place to live...If you are middle class, look to move to another STATE. I am moving from Florida due to the middle school having 1600 kids, and high stakes testing. Most children are either stand offish, or are having sex or doing drugs. The "normal" kids are too rich and are either traveling, boating, or at some weekend beach resort. Safety harbor is a great town to move into, and the middle school is the strictest in the area. The town offers TONS of rec activities with a good demographic of well educated kids. Thrid friday is a a main street treat, and it is very pedestrian and bike friendly. There is also a reasonably priced private school. If you move to pinellas stick to Palm harbor, Ozona, Safety Harbor and NORTH EAST clearwater (close to the mall the better.) Good luck!
OMG I know you didn't intend your post to be humorous but I found it very funny in parts...especially about the middle schools...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay