U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:16 AM

3,313 posts, read 4,290,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrudy View Post
Just to add my two cents, I stayed in Wesely Chapel a few weeks ago and made the drive to St Petes Beach, took less than an hour.
day of the week and time of the day? it matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 12:55 PM

824 posts, read 2,538,254 times
I'd say you'd get the most for your budget in Wesley Chapel, but it's far removed from beaches and is pretty landlocked. The schools are okay. I'd suggest Trinity. It's a quick jump to get to Fred Howard Park or Sunset Beach (go down Trinity Blvd. to McMullen, west on Tarpon Ave all the way out to the Gulf), and it's still not a bad jaunt to Dunedin Causeway and Honeymoon Island (voted consistently one of the nicest Florida beaches).
Trinity has great elementary schools all over the place, and Mitchell HS and Seven Springs Middle are also outstanding.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM

40 posts, read 65,329 times
My sister is selling her house, in case u are still looking.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...5_M52296-69245

Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 PM

6 posts, read 7,885 times
Did you ever decide what area you will be moving to? I am from NJ and we will be relocating to FL in September. My husbands job will be close to Clearwater. We looked in Palm Harbor but feel the homes are old I do not want a 30 year old home.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 PM

25,787 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky K. View Post
Did you ever decide what area you will be moving to? I am from NJ and we will be relocating to FL in September. My husbands job will be close to Clearwater. We looked in Palm Harbor but feel the homes are old I do not want a 30 year old home.
Land O'Lakes, Wesley Chapel and Trinity have the most new build homes.

Palm Harbor, Trinity, etc. have very nice areas and lower fees and some homes have been remodeled and updated which makes a huge difference but most important is that it is not just cosmetic updates since they're other important items to upgrade like windows, etc.

Homes build after 2003 have been build with a hurricane 3 windows, materials, etc.

That will save you on insurance premium and being more safe although we luckily haven't had much real bad weather over the last years that needed the Hurricane 3 requirements.

Pasco county has lower property taxes so just keep that in mind.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 AM

85 posts, read 202,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky K. View Post
Our home is currently on the market, and as soon as it sells we're moving down.

We finally decided on Trinity. We based it on schools, hospitals, shopping, etc. Granted, our budget is right around $200k - but we don't like the fact that homes are so close together. In my area of NY, $200k would get us around an acre of land. I haven't really found any area close to Trinity that gives any where near that amount of land for the money. Its a sacrifice I guess, for warmer weather and no snow.

I did find Palm Harbor nice as well. We also liked Wesley Chapel, but a little too far inland for me. Also was told to check out Land O' Lakes, but I wasn't real impressed with that area. If I can find an area similar to Trinity that has the shopping, and at least a half acre - great - otherwise, we're sticking with Trinity. Just need to be careful though, because people warned me that it's VERY close to New Port Richey, which isn't very nice in my opinion. I had to lock my doors driving through there lol

Old 10-20-2014, 11:20 AM

25,787 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Coming from NJ and your talking about locking your doors over here

Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM

85 posts, read 202,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Coming from NJ and your talking about locking your doors over here
I don't live in NJ

Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 AM

16 posts, read 30,914 times
I live in the Trinity- Odessa- LandOlakes-Lutz ring for 5 years, (We actually consider all of them kind of like the same area). To be honest with you in 5 years this area has changed drastically as the population has increased 50% since I moved here and so has the Traffic. I am going to give you my best recommendation, Mid to Southern part Lutz is your best shot OR New Tampa. Why? 2 main reasons!

#1- I didn't calculate all this new traffic and my drive to work has increased, Also since 2 years ago this crazy increase in traffic from nutty drivers of other states have actually had car accidents with School buses, so I am thinking about your kids here.

#2- Mid to southern Lutz is still nice, close to shopping centers, shorter drive to Tampa AND NO KILLER TRAFFIC! Mid Lutz is about a 5 minute drive south of Wal-mart and trust me when I say when you spend a week in the nerve center of this new traffic flow, you will thank me for the advice.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:09 AM

212 posts, read 213,362 times
Also Lutz has some really good schools both public and charter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or