Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:05 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times

Advertisements

I bought a new build in Long Lake Ranch just off of 54. Excited to get down there in a few weeks. Its in Lutz but has the Pasco taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 01:09 PM

6 posts, read 9,740 times
So I have done extensive research and was set on Trinity as well. I feel like it is surround by areas that are not that great such as Holiday and New Port Richey. The crime is high in those areas but that is not what changed my mind. The area of Trinity is considered to be part of Sink Hole Alley as well as all the surrounding areas. Most people that live in FL are not concerned with sinkholes but unfortunately I am. That is what changed my mind and why I am looking in Viera which has no sinkhole activity. I come from a part of NJ where the crime is non existing due to the fact I live on acreage.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:07 PM

212 posts, read 286,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I bought a new build in Long Lake Ranch just off of 54. Excited to get down there in a few weeks. Its in Lutz but has the Pasco taxes.
Welcome to FL. We live just south of you in the Hillsborough portion of Lutz (Stonebrier subdivision). We bike ride up Sunlake near Long Lake Ranch. They put in a 12 foot trail and seperate bike lanes. Long Lake Ranch looks nice. I hope you enjoy it.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:16 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird45 View Post
Welcome to FL. We live just south of you in the Hillsborough portion of Lutz (Stonebrier subdivision). We bike ride up Sunlake near Long Lake Ranch. They put in a 12 foot trail and seperate bike lanes. Long Lake Ranch looks nice. I hope you enjoy it.
Ty very much. Really looking forward to getting down there. Honestly coming from LI NY the whole area blows me away. I can also see that a bunch of business are going up or scheduled to go up. Also everyone I have spoken with has been so dam friendly. Such a change of pace from the rat race of NY!

Last edited by retiredcop111; 12-17-2014 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 PM

434 posts, read 530,408 times
Trinity's biggest problem is that the jobs and town center that were supposed to materialize to anchor the community haven't materialized. The town center eventually will be completed, but it's increasingly looking like the jobs won't ever come in the numbers the developer and county hyped to get Trinity built. A lot of people living there who would have driven 1-2 miles to work, will now be driving 10-20 miles or more.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:00 AM

16 posts, read 39,116 times
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Trinity has grown in the medical field though. There is anew hospital and new homes everywhere. Some small businesses have opened uplike new microbrewery and a few new restaurants. Developers wanted Trinity topick up on all the US 54 traffic increase between the New Port Richey/ WesleyChapel / Tampa Commuters but it is just not happening quickly enough.

I say it is a combination of a few things; the economy isnot as strong as our leaders say it is, the asking commercial rent is currentlytoo high, the local county economy is still not fertile enough to sustain sucha high increase in population and not enough advertisement is being done tohelp local businesses compete with other better known shopping areas.[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 01-13-2015, 06:04 AM

734 posts, read 920,340 times
It's true. There's nothing really out there other than a few small strip mall areas, subdivisions, and fields. The new hospital is a good start. Really nice. My son was born there.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:13 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
It's true. There's nothing really out there other than a few small strip mall areas, subdivisions, and fields. The new hospital is a good start. Really nice. My son was born there.
Congrats!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay