Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You saying that is no different than someone saying Tampa Bay is a meth lab based on West Pasco. You realize Chicago is huge and just like any MSA it has suburbs and really nice areas in the city itself where gun violence is a non issue. I was talking to a client who lives in Chicago and used to live in Lutz, and I suddenly had a realization that I have never heard of someone who moved to Florida from an upper middle class neighborhood and thinks Florida is paradise, most people feel the way I do which is Eh.
Well we moved from an upper middle class neighborhood to here and we do indeed feel it is paradise.....for us. So maybe we should meet sometime, so you can check that off your bucket list....LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
It's just a TRUCK RENTAL company, not a moving company. For all anyone knows, the trucks headed to Tampa might be packed with irregular tube socks to sell at local fleamarkets.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
It's just a TRUCK RENTAL company. For all anyone knows, the trucks might be packed with irregular tube socks to sell at local fleamarkets.
LOL! I gotta rep you on that!

Dang....it says I must spread it around first.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 07-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Won't let me rep

Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
It's just a TRUCK RENTAL company, not a moving company. For all anyone knows, the trucks headed to Tampa might be packed with irregular tube socks to sell at local fleamarkets.
Oh, pardon me, I knew they rented trucks, but I also thought they did moving as well. I seem to recall seeing some huge Penske moving trucks, but I must have it mixed up with some other company. I guess they're just another U-Haul type outfit?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:59 AM

528 posts, read 866,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
World class? it's an old cow town.
Want a cow town? Come to Sacramento area. I'd give my left testicle to move back to Sarasota/Tampa area.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:17 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
You can't compare Chicago to Tampa … Chicago is an enormouse metropolitan area. Tampa is just a mid-sized city (though it is growing).

I've lived in Memphis, spent a summer in Alaska, lived in northern Indiana, and spent summers in the UK and Germany. Long ago, I swore I'd get out of Florida and never return. After being away from this place for several years, I realized how much I really loved it here and moved back. This is home for me, and I love it! I feel like I'm on vacation pretty much all the time. The people and the weather here are just amazing. I have a great job here, good friends and family close by, I attend an awesome church, I'm surrounded by amazing restaurants and Tampa's rich culture, and I live in the BEST city - a charming little hidden gem called Safety Harbor. We've got some of the most beautiful beaches and fishing in the world here in the Tampa Bay area, and I love how laid back everything is.

It doesn't surprise me that people want to move here.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:29 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
You just proved my point.
You got no point. You've been proven wrong by Huffington Post. Now, make sure you take some ice-fishing lessons up there. It's a lot different than fishing in the Gulf.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
You got no point. You've been proven wrong by Huffington Post. Now, make sure you take some ice-fishing lessons up there. It's a lot different than fishing in the Gulf.
Ya, just wait until she gets to experience a Chicago winter. That should start in September and end in June.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:38 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You saying that is no different than someone saying Tampa Bay is a meth lab based on West Pasco. You realize Chicago is huge and just like any MSA it has suburbs and really nice areas in the city itself where gun violence is a non issue. I was talking to a client who lives in Chicago and used to live in Lutz, and I suddenly had a realization that I have never heard of someone who moved to Florida from an upper middle class neighborhood and thinks Florida is paradise, most people feel the way I do which is Eh.

Criminals dont operate by zip code. Crime is more than thugs shooting at each other. High paying jobs, upper middle class neighborhood, why are some people so wrapped up over a smaller segment of the population vs. the every day American? Some people have nothing but money on their minds.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:42 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Lol on the Penske truck reports, however, it is a good indicator of where people are going. Maybe not which people, but it is a moving company, so they would certainly know where people are moving to and from.
Of course. The upper classes fly their stuff to FL.
Most of them probably just give all away and start from scratch. After all, they have "high paying jobs".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay