U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Vermont, Chittenden County
24 posts, read 22,341 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Insurance is based on the coverages you choose. I dont need to insure my house for $500k replacement value when it would take a fraction of that much to rebuilt it from the ground up. Same with my auto policies which are sufficient but not the highest available. Thus my HOI is just under $1k a year, I insure 2 cars for $87 a month and my property taxes are less than $700 a year. I do remember when HOI was $600 a year.
Those rates are quite low for Florida. May I ask what you home is valued at? And what year your cars are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,253,499 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Some Chicagoans from Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, River North might think Spring Hill is a dump ...
Just as I would assume those from Scarsdale, NY, McLean, Virginia,Chappaqua, New York and many other places could think.

Where would you live? The list I provided or Spring Hill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,253,499 times
Reputation: 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_born View Post
Those rates are quite low for Florida. May I ask what you home is valued at? And what year your cars are?
no, you may not ask. those rates are normal for most people in FL. Not those in Miami, Orlando, Tampa Jacksonville and coastal towns. Too much hype compared to reality out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:35 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,393,915 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Just as I would assume those from Scarsdale, NY, McLean, Virginia,Chappaqua, New York and many other places could think.

Where would you live? The list I provided or Spring Hill?
Neither to be honest with you, but you should not be categorizing a whole city as a dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:39 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 1,631,888 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Some Chicagoans from Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, River North might think Spring Hill is a dump ...
Hmm, doesn't look like a dump to me, I see a lot of nature. Perhaps Chicagoans prefer a concrete jungle vs a natural jungle?

http://springhillhomesites.com/wp-co...ill_aerial.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,393,915 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Hmm, doesn't look like a dump to me, I see a lot of nature. Perhaps Chicagoans prefer a concrete jungle vs a natural jungle?

http://springhillhomesites.com/wp-co...ill_aerial.jpg
Looks look like a lot of cookie-cutter Army barracks from that aerial with a golf course tossed in ... there are plenty of golf course suburbs in Chicago that are much nicer than SH. Sorry ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 12:57 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 1,631,888 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Looks look like a lot of cookie-cutter Army barracks from that aerial with a golf course tossed in ... there are plenty of golf course suburbs in Chicago that are much nicer than SH. Sorry ...
Hmm, I did a search for Lincoln Park and it looked like what you described too(older houses one next to the other). The only difference is the lots are tiny in Chicago, unless you go way out in the suburbs. Also, SH is only a few miles away from Weeki Wachee preserve and Chassahowitza wildlife refuge.

http://ramblerzone1.floridaramblerme...hee-kayaks.jpg

http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/spring...img/chass3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kBfbxg4Is

Where in the towns you mentioned above you can find a place where you can swim with manatees? Perhaps in Lake Michigan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,393,915 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Hmm, I did a search for Lincoln Park and it looked like what you described too(older houses one next to the other). The only difference is the lots are tiny in Chicago, unless you go way out in the suburbs. Also, SH is only a few miles away from Weeki Wachee preserve and Chassahowitza wildlife refuge.

http://ramblerzone1.floridaramblerme...hee-kayaks.jpg

Where in the towns you mentioned above you can find a place where you can swim with manatees? Perhaps in Lake Michigan?
You swim with the manatees a lot ? Or only when the flesh-eating bacteria subsides ? Any Chicago resident can hop a flight and swim with the manatees as well. Big deal ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,818,996 times
Reputation: 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You swim with the manatees a lot ? Or only when the flesh-eating bacteria subsides ? Any Chicago resident can hop a flight and swim with the manatees as well. Big deal ...
Well it looks like a lot of people do not like Illinois and love Florida. Illinois ranks #2 in terms of people wanting out. Isn't Illinois where Chicago is?

The States People Are Fleeing In 2013 - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 1,631,888 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You swim with the manatees a lot ? Or only when the flesh-eating bacteria subsides ? Any Chicago resident can hop a flight and swim with the manatees as well. Big deal ...

Any TB resident can hop a flight and see the concrete of Chicago up close, so? Big deal..

Fyi..the bacteria are in the water all the time, kind of like the anti-FL bacteria that lurk in these forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top