U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:06 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,391,866 times
Reputation: 2311

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Why not? You did it to Orlando when you lived there.
Key word "lived" - did you ever live in Chicago ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 3,790,764 times
Reputation: 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Duh. That is why the insurance is higher. More dense populations which raises the risk of accidents and other losses significantly.
Maybe you should go back and read your post again, chief. You said, "those rates are normal for most people in FL". The problem is most people in Florida live in the more expensive areas you mentioned.

Last edited by Not_liking_FL; 08-01-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,245,758 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Chicago has no warm salt water and most people there could care less about swimming with the manatees.
How do you know most people there could care less about swimming with manatees? Did you or someone else take a poll? Since there is no salt water, nobody there needs to worry about that bacteria.

But, did you know:

An anticipated increased incidence of climate-related extreme rainfall events in the Great Lakes region may raise the public health risk for the 40 million people who depend on the lakes for their drinking water, according to a study.

In a report published Oct. 7, 2008 in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, a team of Wisconsin researchers reports that a trend toward extreme weather such as the monsoon-like rainfall events that occurred in many parts of the region this Spring 2008 is likely to aggravate the risk for outbreaks of waterborne disease in the Great Lakes region.

Also note:
An anticipated increased incidence of climate-related extreme rainfall events in the Great Lakes region may raise the public health risk for the 40 million people who depend on the lakes for their drinking water, according to a new study.

In a report published Oct. 7, 2008 in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, a team of Wisconsin researchers reports that a trend toward extreme weather such as the monsoon-like rainfall events that occurred in many parts of the region this past spring is likely to aggravate the risk for outbreaks of waterborne disease in the Great Lakes region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:26 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,391,866 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
How do you know most people there could care less about swimming with manatees? Did you or someone else take a poll? Since there is no salt water, nobody there needs to worry about that bacteria.

But, did you know:

An anticipated increased incidence of climate-related extreme rainfall events in the Great Lakes region may raise the public health risk for the 40 million people who depend on the lakes for their drinking water, according to a study.

In a report published Oct. 7, 2008 in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, a team of Wisconsin researchers reports that a trend toward extreme weather such as the monsoon-like rainfall events that occurred in many parts of the region this Spring 2008 is likely to aggravate the risk for outbreaks of waterborne disease in the Great Lakes region.

Also note:
An anticipated increased incidence of climate-related extreme rainfall events in the Great Lakes region may raise the public health risk for the 40 million people who depend on the lakes for their drinking water, according to a new study.

In a report published Oct. 7, 2008 in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, a team of Wisconsin researchers reports that a trend toward extreme weather such as the monsoon-like rainfall events that occurred in many parts of the region this past spring is likely to aggravate the risk for outbreaks of waterborne disease in the Great Lakes region.
Just a common sense guess, but thanks for the report from 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,245,758 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Just a common sense guess, but thanks for the report from 2008.
Yeah, I am sure that they spayed some Lysol and its all gone now...

Cheerleading for Chicago are ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 04:37 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,586 posts, read 3,391,866 times
Reputation: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yeah, I am sure that they spayed some Lysol and its all gone now...

Cheerleading for Chicago are ya?
Nope, but I spent a ton of time there in the 80s and have quite a few friends from the area. Some of them
still live there and I get up there from time to time. Always have a great time ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Vermont, Chittenden County
24 posts, read 22,326 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
no, you may not ask. those rates are normal for most people in FL. Not those in Miami, Orlando, Tampa Jacksonville and coastal towns. Too much hype compared to reality out there.
But what is the relevance to your post then? The OP wants to compare Chicago to Tampa not Chicago to the boonies.

How can a reader compare your rates to those in a "city" if you don't provide details?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 13,245,758 times
Reputation: 6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_born View Post
But what is the relevance to your post then? The OP wants to compare Chicago to Tampa not Chicago to the boonies.

How can a reader compare your rates to those in a "city" if you don't provide details?

I told you what it costs me. Everything costs more in and around a large city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Wake County, NC
2,983 posts, read 3,790,764 times
Reputation: 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT_born View Post
But what is the relevance to your post then? The OP wants to compare Chicago to Tampa not Chicago to the boonies.

How can a reader compare your rates to those in a "city" if you don't provide details?
I will say that Chicago is fairly inexpensive for such a large city. It's not Spring Hill cheap but it's much more affordable than NYC, D.C., Boston, San Fransico, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2014, 06:41 PM
 
13,645 posts, read 9,309,786 times
Reputation: 4390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Maybe you should go back and read your post again, chief. You said, "those rates are normal for most people in FL". The problem is most people in Florida live in the more expensive areas you mentioned.
The same old stuff i see the MR spring hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top