U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 01:05 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,779,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Eagle^ View Post
I'm currently job hunting in Orlando and in Tampa and keep finding better jobs in Tampa so that's where my perspective is coming from. I also have had a hard time finding bars with anyone over 25 besides the theme park area's where it's overpriced and hit or miss. I would love to stay in Orlando if i could it's just easier but if i get a good job in Tampa i can't see how i would be less happy, in fact it seems i might be happier especially with the beaches there. Really the whole point of this post is to consider anything i might be missing because when people ask where to move to in Florida it just seems a lot of people say Orlando or Miami and Tampa is like a side note.

"Also you might like Tampa it has nice beaches"

Like an after thought.
You seem to place a lot of emphasis on "bars" and "nightlife" for someone your age. There is nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but you should consider looking for a city were you can advance your career. Every city in the country will have some form of entertainment.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM

433 posts, read 864,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
You seem to place a lot of emphasis on "bars" and "nightlife" for someone your age. There is nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but you should consider looking for a city were you can advance your career. Every city in the country will have some form of entertainment.
Well that is the top priority but if that was the only factor id move to nebraska. I think this site is to help us find a place that meets ALL our needs. I could go to alaska and prob make more money but im not gonna do that.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Well that is the top priority but if that was the only factor id move to nebraska. I think this site is to help us find a place that meets ALL our needs. I could go to alaska and prob make more money but im not gonna do that.
I think most people go through the bar phase in their early twenties and then move on with their lives. Things like careers and families become more of a priority. CD might not be the best place to get advice if you're a thirty something looking for great bars, menial employment, and a roommate living situation. Or maybe it is, I dunno.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I think most people go through the bar phase in their early twenties and then move on with their lives. Things like careers and families become more of a priority. CD might not be the best place to get advice if you're a thirty something looking for great bars, menial employment, and a roommate living situation. Or maybe it is, I dunno.
So whats your suggestion then? You do realize people dont hire people from other states right? Im applying to jobs all over but i need to focus my search and not be driving all over the state and country. So im on here trying to feel places out to help me to maximize my time. Like you say im not in my 20s anymore so i really dont want to waste time moving somewhere worse than here. If i move i want it to be the last time. If u got a better suggestion lmk. As of right now it seems tampa has better career opportunities for me than orlando from my job searching.

You sound like someone who lives off the government with no idea what it takes to get a good high paying job somewhere.

Last edited by ^Eagle^; 08-16-2014 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-17-2014, 11:57 AM

4,091 posts, read 4,673,345 times
Tampa has some of the best beaches in the country? No, sir. Pinellas does. Lets stop using Tampa to definite the entirety of Central Florida.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Tampa has some of the best beaches in the country? No, sir. Pinellas does. Lets stop using Tampa to definite the entirety of Central Florida.
I said the tampa AREA. Man you really need to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.

Guys theres no beaches in "tampa". Its true you will have to actually get in your car and drive there. So everyone please dont come here and if your already here please leave. Let the old people rest.

Last edited by ^Eagle^; 08-17-2014 at 12:39 PM..

Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,110,720 times
Quote:
Why no love for Tampa?
Some of us are tightly wound.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM

4,091 posts, read 4,673,345 times
Quote:
I said the tampa AREA. Man you really need to get outside and enjoy some fresh air.

Guys theres no beaches in "tampa". Its true you will have to actually get in your car and drive there. So everyone please dont come here and if your already here please leave. Let the old people rest.
I'm 27 and lived here my whole life. There's more to "Tampa" than the beaches. If the selling point for you is the beaches, then you should probably send those people to the correct cities. Tampa needs to start focusing on Tampa and stop focusing on keeping Hillsborough County financially stable, giving Pinellas County residents something to do on weekends, proving Polk County with entertainment once a month, etc. This city will go nowhere as long as we're satisfied with people living up to three hours away and simply visiting. It has nothing to do with being "old" or "resting." It has everything to do with trying to push a city that, up to this point hasn't cared to push itself, and putting it in the spotlight.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
So whats your suggestion then? You do realize people dont hire people from other states right? Im applying to jobs all over but i need to focus my search and not be driving all over the state and country. So im on here trying to feel places out to help me to maximize my time. Like you say im not in my 20s anymore so i really dont want to waste time moving somewhere worse than here. If i move i want it to be the last time. If u got a better suggestion lmk. As of right now it seems tampa has better career opportunities for me than orlando from my job searching.

You sound like someone who lives off the government with no idea what it takes to get a good high paying job somewhere.
Really? You think I'm on government assistance and have a low paying job for trying to explain to you why most people your age are more concerned with careers than finding a good party city? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for roommates or a call center job, lol.

Also, companies DO hire folks from out of state if they have a skill they need.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,110,720 times
Quote:
Really? You think I'm on government assistance and have a low paying job for trying to explain to you why most people your age are more concerned with careers than finding a good party city? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for roommates or a call center job, lol.

Also, companies DO hire folks from out of state if they have a skill they need.
are you biposting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or