Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,693 times

Advertisements

Hi, me and my family are looking to buy a new home in riverview. Right now we live in wesley chapel and is to far from my work. I work on Martin Luther King. Riverview seems to be a lot closer to there from where I'm at right now. Yes, I do know about to smokestacks in riverview but I don't let it get to me. I've drove through riverview a few times and it looks like a very family oriented neighborhood. I was looking more south in riverview but not north in magnolia park area. I didn't like that white mountain you see. When I was online I found ayersworth but never saw it in riverview. I had a few questions about it. Is the community safe and is it well maintained. Is there a CDD and how much is the HOA. Is it worth buying in there. I really don't want to buy in a lower income community, is it middle to upper because I would prefer that. I heard that there is a charter school there called Valrico Lake Advantage and was wondering if that is a good school to put my kids in because I don't trust public. My kids are in 2nd and the other is 3rd. Please I would love to get as much information I could get about ayersworth. Thank you. Sorry about the long description
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 06:35 PM

4 posts, read 9,949 times
Seconded. Any information on Ayersworth? I noticed the prices seem reasonable, but it could be because it is further away from Tampa.

How is the south area of Riverview to live in? Any ill effects from the power plant or the Mosaic Fertilizer plant?
It also seems like Riverview is less prone to Sinkholes. Does anyone have any information regarding sinkholes in that area?

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
We've lived in Riverview, north of the Alafia River, for over three years now and have never heard of any sinkhole problems. Our community is very safe, quiet, and friendly, but not all of Riverview fits this description. Please check out the crime stats, pedophile tracker, and school ratings before you purchase any home. I'm sorry I don't know about Ayersworth specifically, but I wish you well.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I live in the region and I'm not aware of any sinkholes in the area over last five years that I've been here. That area is being built up nearby (Big Bend Road) - new hospital, fast food joints, etc. I don't really see any outstanding about the area other than it's relatively close to I75 and along US 301 where commuting to other areas of the Bay area is easy. It is centrally located, so not far from STP, Sarasota/Bradenton/Brandon/Tampa. Trust me, if there were ill effects from the plants, there would be a huge uproar. I follow the news and haven't seen much about it. Can't vouch for that community though - I see many subdivisions being built along US 301 and the houses seem cookie-cutter, so close together, are sparse landscaping by the developer - really nothing attractive about it to me.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,693 times
Does any one have any friends that live in ayersworth?

Old 08-17-2014, 03:01 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster123 View Post
Hi, me and my family are looking to buy a new home in riverview. Right now we live in wesley chapel and is to far from my work. I work on Martin Luther King. Riverview seems to be a lot closer to there from where I'm at right now. Yes, I do know about to smokestacks in riverview but I don't let it get to me. I've drove through riverview a few times and it looks like a very family oriented neighborhood. I was looking more south in riverview but not north in magnolia park area. I didn't like that white mountain you see. When I was online I found ayersworth but never saw it in riverview. I had a few questions about it. Is the community safe and is it well maintained. Is there a CDD and how much is the HOA. Is it worth buying in there. I really don't want to buy in a lower income community, is it middle to upper because I would prefer that. I heard that there is a charter school there called Valrico Lake Advantage and was wondering if that is a good school to put my kids in because I don't trust public. My kids are in 2nd and the other is 3rd. Please I would love to get as much information I could get about ayersworth. Thank you. Sorry about the long description
Well, it is zoned for really bad schools so you would definitely want to go private. In my experience middle and upper middle class people don't buy homes in poor school areas if they can avoid it. At that price point though you aren't going to find anything in an "upper" area.

From what I can see it looks like the CDD is about $1500 a year and looks like the HOA is only a few dollars a year.

It looks like Valrico Lake Advantage is a good charter school.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM

6 posts, read 24,792 times
Is the landfill in back of ayersworth someting I should worry about, is it considered hazardous.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 24,792 times
Can some people check out my thread and give some advice on ayersworth to

Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times
There's a landfill behind Ayersworth? That's news to me. And you don't have to worry about the stacks, they're pretty far away from Ayersworth. It's an OK area, not bad, not great. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the water's kind of stinky. But that may have changed since it built up.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:58 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Yes there is. If you've ever driven Riverview-Balm, you see the large artificial mountain. I can't see where living near a landfill enhances one's home value. If you're planning on staying in the home for a long, long time, maybe not an issue, but if you're looking at flipping the house soon, you've got to wonder if a nearby landfill will hurt the value. I'd think so. There are other communities nearby, what's the infatuation with this particular one? Why not look north up US 301 Panther Trace or South Fork?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay