U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 AM

46 posts, read 89,251 times

Advertisements

Hi all. After 6 yrs of full time, I was fired in 11/13. I immediately filed for unemployment through the connect/employ fl site. Which I guess is the only way? which I hope none of you have to go through. What a disaster of a website/process, going through a gov website/process was infinitely worse than getting fired (rant over).
I received my visa card, which I never turned on. I have been able to get odd/side jobs here and there to pay the bills. That might be coming to an end.

My questions

1. Waiting/not claiming for almost 1 year, have I lost any of my benefits?

2. Please God, is there any other way of talking to a live person other than going back through that website?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,103,626 times
Sorry about your experiences. Hope the improving economy brings you back to full employment. I don't know the answer, but there's got to be a gov't agency that you can call or visit to get your answers.

State of Florida.com | Florida Unemployment (Reemployment Assistance)</

Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM

515 posts, read 1,142,774 times
Quote:
Call the Claims Assistance toll free at 1-800-204-2418 to speak with a program representative.
Did you call that number and try to speak with someone? I'm sure dealing with the government in this aspect isn't pleasurable or easy, but you really need to be talking with someone at the state who has some specific knowledge on the topic.

You're definitely not going to be able to get benefits paid you you retroactively. You might be able to get some benefits in the future until it has been 46 weeks since you were fired, then the benefits will cease.

Hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or