U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM

24 posts, read 19,862 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into Cordoba in Lutz. I love the homes and it looks like it has good school systems. I'm just having a hard time with how high their CCD is. So I thought I would go a little further to land O Lakes and I found Connerton. I was told Connerton was 45 mins to the airport. I bring that up because my husband commutes and we didn't want to be too far. Standard pacific builds in Cordoba and Taylor Morrison in Connerton. does anyone have any experience with these communities and builders? i appreciate any advice.

Thank you
Kelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 03:41 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,726,138 times
Good luck making it in 45 minutes to the airport; that has to be the joke of the year! Connerton is in the middle of nowhere! Awful commute to anywhere...(Of course the cheerleaders will say it's not but please come and see for yourself before listening to all of us here. Who knows, you may enjoy sitting in traffic for hours.

I have no idea where that Cordoba is, but if you want to be close to the Airport and in a nice area, please check out Westchase and/or Citrus Park. There are very nice areas in Carrollwood too, and even Citrus Park that barely have an HOA, and don't have these moronic CDD's!

Old 08-19-2014, 04:05 PM

861 posts, read 1,407,038 times
Standard Pacific is a very good builder. Our last house was SP and we had no issues. I would not consider Taylor Morrison to be as good of a builder. The lure of Connerton is that it is relatively cheap, but truly in the middle of nowhere. I don't know Cordoba specifically, but I would choose Lutz over Connerton for sure.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 PM

24 posts, read 19,862 times
Yes I am going to come in next week and drive to Connerton to see how far it is. I'm not too worried as its not a daily commute to the airport, maybe once a week or so. Thank you for your replies.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:34 PM

515 posts, read 987,948 times
Cordoba Estates is a nice neighborhood but there are some not-so-nice neighborhoods around it. It's still much closer to everything than Connerton. Standard Pacific's Retreat at Carrollwood has a better location and also has many of the same home plans. It's a smaller community (that may be good or bad depending on what you want), but the lots aren't as big. If you're coming to look at new homes I would check them out as well. Standard Pacific is a good builder.

You can make it to TIA from Connerton in 45 minutes as long as you are driving during off-peak times and you don't run into traffic. If you're driving during rush hour or if you run into traffic problems then it will take much longer, maybe even twice that long. You also should consider that the most direct way to get to TIA from Connerton is by taking the Veteran's Expressway, which is a toll road.

Connerton itself is a nice neighborhood, but as has been pointed out it's in the middle of nowhere. Its master plan also calls for it to be a huge community. It will probably take decades for everything to come together and get completely built, but understand that it's nowhere near its designed capacity. I've been up there a couple times and have been to their clubhouse, which is nice. On the weekends the pool area is very busy. I see this as problematic because the neighborhood isn't anywhere near fully built out and yet it's still crowded at times. It's only going to get busier.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:45 PM

126 posts, read 244,374 times
We're in Willow Bend and it takes me almost 45 min. to get to downtown. Some days are better than others. We don't have CDD's.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 PM

21,767 posts, read 32,250,482 times
I believe that aside from certain times it should be possible to make it from Connerton to TIA in 45 min.

Aside from that it isn't fair to compare both communities with each other since Cordoba Estates is higher end and it is very nice.

I just had a contract signed for a client for a new to be build home in the Retreat in Carrollwood and that is very nice and they have inventory homes left but most of the ones left have power lines as a back view. If you don't mind that view than it may be something to consider. Even at busy hours you can take a right turn out the community to avoid having to wait to get onto Bears if you need to take a left which can be difficult at times and therefore the other route/detour is very nice to have as an option.

They have some nice homes and low HOA fee just to maintain the roads, common areas and gate.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:17 AM

3,290 posts, read 3,462,440 times
I know someone who is driving from there and it usually takes 30 minutes to get to SR 56 and I-75 exit and another good half an hour to the airport.

I agree with other people here - Connerton is on the middle of nowhere.
And Cordoba is too close to interstate (to my taste) and surrounded by some very not so nice neighborhoods. Retreat in Carrollwood might not be zoned to good schools, so check it out first.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 AM

21,767 posts, read 32,250,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I know someone who is driving from there and it usually takes 30 minutes to get to SR 56 and I-75 exit and another good half an hour to the airport.

I agree with other people here - Connerton is on the middle of nowhere.
And Cordoba is too close to interstate (to my taste) and surrounded by some very not so nice neighborhoods. Retreat in Carrollwood might not be zoned to good schools, so check it out first.
There are way more roads leading to TIA so why taking that road since I know roads that are faster to get onto I-275 depending on what time of the day.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:15 PM

3,290 posts, read 3,462,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
There are way more roads leading to TIA so why taking that road since I know roads that are faster to get onto I-275 depending on what time of the day.
All other ways from Connerton to airport area will not get you there any fasted during morning and evening hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay