Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

HOAs have created a dangerous sub-government which overrides our Constitutional rights quote-

I will stick with that and even though I have seen some nice condos n towns. I keep leaning back to the single family home JUST because I want to live my last days in peace and FREEDOM. Although I am a very law abiding citizen I hate injustice- simply detest it-- so if I move into an idiotic HOA property, I know sparks be flying... how it is in NY and Ohio they don't need the HOAs and they live just fine with OUT them ?-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 AM

473 posts, read 544,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmaticus View Post
So, the HOA is complaining how you are parking in your driveway and saying nothing about the guy just a few distance from you with his boat out there? Wow, it seems to me this is selective enforcement. Crazy!
Actually I live in NY and we do not have an HOA. My point was that an HOA is beneficial when neighbors have boats in their driveways or their xmas lights up all year, like my current neighbors.

My comment about when you can park in the driveway and how you can use your garage was in reference to the HOA at Hunters Green.

Here is are some of the crazy rules in Hunter Green

"Except when entering or leaving the garage, each Owner’s
or approved tenant’s vehicle(s), when in Hunter’s Green,
must be parked in a garage bay between 11:00 p.m. and
7:00 a.m"

"Garage doors shall be kept closed except when an
automobile is entering or leaving the garage or when a person
is actively using the interior of the garage. Garages are
intended for parking of vehicles Properly Registered in
accordance with this Declaration and may not be used for any
other purpose which would require one or more vehicles to be
parked on the driveway instead of being parked inside the
garage"

Here is a link to the rest of the "Rules"

Hunter's Green Community Association - Rules & Regulations

Old 08-23-2014, 07:43 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
HOAs have created a dangerous sub-government which overrides our Constitutional rights quote-

I will stick with that and even though I have seen some nice condos n towns. I keep leaning back to the single family home JUST because I want to live my last days in peace and FREEDOM. Although I am a very law abiding citizen I hate injustice- simply detest it-- so if I move into an idiotic HOA property, I know sparks be flying... how it is in NY and Ohio they don't need the HOAs and they live just fine with OUT them ?-
I am willing to bet that almost all condo and townhome communities everywhere have an HOA. How else would they effectively manage and pay for common area expenses?

I know when we lived in a condo complex and then a townhome community up nawth, we had an HOA.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:23 AM

464 posts, read 645,585 times
I read the rules for that HOA. Decorative flags only in December; they specify the exact size, grade and color of mulch you can use; plants must be pre-approved and planted xx inches on center. Holy crapoli!! Sounds like prison, but without the free cable TV.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Crazy if you have to park In Your garage. I agree with the garage door policy since often people make it an additions living room or fitness with lots of noise from radios and TV in the garage but you should be able to park your own car in the driveway if you choose so.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
There are rules everywhere in life including here on the board - read the HOA covenants before you buy in a neighborhood. Don't like rules ? There's a place for everyone ...

Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Certain HOAs have nice amenities and need to be under HOAs.....my community for instance has a very nice resort style pool, hard tru tennis courts (irrigated), several stocked lakes, a huge clubhouse with restaurant, a softball field, a dog park, a garden and numerous other amenties - I can't imagine the community being run without association rules and fees to support those amenties. My community doesn't have the oddball rules that are surfacing here. But I would blame myself if I purchased in a community without reading every line of the HOA document.

ALL HOAs arent created equally.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Certain HOAs have nice amenities and need to be under HOAs.....my community for instance has a very nice resort style pool, hard tru tennis courts (irrigated), several stocked lakes, a huge clubhouse with restaurant, a softball field, a dog park, a garden and numerous other amenties - I can't imagine the community being run without association rules and fees to support those amenties. My community doesn't have the oddball rules that are surfacing here. But I would blame myself if I purchased in a community without reading every line of the HOA document.

ALL HOAs arent created equally.
Do you have a CDD and what area is your community?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Valencia Lakes in Tampa, Florida - A GL Homes Community S. Hillsborough county. No CDD, but relatively high HOA fees monthly.

No pitbulls are allowed, by the way.

RIP little guy.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...erview/2189248

Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sweet!

Man, I just can't understand how a place as nice as that, with all the common area and amenities, needs an HOA to manage things. Can't y'all just take turns doing the landscaping and maintaining the properties? <Joking of course>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay