Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:19 PM

140 posts, read 166,374 times

Advertisements

I visited Tampa last spring and wow what a blast it was! Tampa downtown,so clean and peaceful. The university... I don't even now where to start. The campus was a-amazing.

Going to whiskey Joe's was so refreshing. I burried my feet under the sand while enjoying my drink then my friend took pictures of me. It was a great memory.

St Pete's.... While walking by the water I saw one of those cute sea creatures... I don't even remember its name but it was so adorable... kept coming on the surface of the water and blowing out bubbles through his nose then diving back

Clearwater.... Ahhh lovely. The sea was super waivy and trying to catch them was fun. I love diving inside a huge wave.

Sarasota.... I am Turkish and when me and my friend parked on the beach and rambling about if it was a good spot, randomly the guy who parked next to us understood what we said and replied lol.. He was an American who lived in Turkey many years lol! It was crazy.... Then of course I loved watching people dance and hula hoop me and my friend took a long walk... It was probably one of the best walks I have ever had... Not to mention had the sexiest tan ever

I miss Tampa... So much... When I was on the plane going back to Indy my eyes were watery lol got so emotional looking at the beautiful scenery... The sunset and the ocean and not knowing when I would have a chance to visit there again just hurt me.

Maybe I will move there one day who knows...

Take care of Tampa for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 06:23 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,579,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindee21 View Post
You must live in a real dump to have written that. Vacations arent the same as living in the area (see las vegas forums).

I agree. Visiting a place is definitely not a way to judge it. I LOVE Washington DC, but will never live there....but I LOVE IT...So is NYC...visited a few times, and I love Manhattan....I don't love all NY-ers tho...and living in NYC is living amongst them...LOL Imagine that! LOL

OP: I agree that you might have had a great trip, but before deciding to move elsewhere you really need to count in all the chickens, and not just a few eggs!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:50 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,228,531 times
I enjoy the area as much as a tourist. Guess I disagree w/ you. The only couple of issues I have with the area is the heat and the lack of friendliness people here have for each other...

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-26-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 09-26-2014, 08:49 AM

Lol ... I didn't start this post to get moving advise... When I said "maybe" I was thinking about retirement and I am 28... I dont know why you all got so excited... I just wanted to share my memories with the locals that's it. I don't live in a dump, I live in a nice area thank you very much... You don't have to be living in a bad place to appreciate another good place... I guess some people don't have the greatest common sense lol. Again chill out everyone this post is not for moving advise or a compare thingy.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,228,531 times
When you're ready to retire, I expect this area will be different....lots of population shift and commercial growth and all the problems with it....congested roads, crime, urban sprawl. Just my opinion.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:40 AM

265 posts, read 400,014 times
Those cute sea creatures are manatees. Manatees are my favorite part of living here in Florida. I'm glad you had a good time and that we treated you well. I'm trying to move out of here because I can't take the unrelenting heat any longer, but I'm born and raised here so I've just had my fill. But posts like yours are nice because you are genuinely appreciative of what you experienced here, and it reminds me why I have been able to make it as long as I have here.

Happy Florida vibes to you.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM

those things you mentioned might probably increase or decrease anywhere... I am not too concerned about it for now. I state this again...I am not moving anytime soon and I don't live stressing over what's gonna happen in Tampa for 40 years from now.

Any of you going to whiskey joe's this weekend?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:01 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,971,016 times
Glad you liked it. I'm bored of Tampa and am looking to move further south.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:15 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,448,803 times
Great to see someone post that had a great time. I love it here too. Within a month, when the temps and humidity really break, that is when I call this place PARADISE. Right now I just love it here.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,831,990 times
Glad you enjoyed your visit. We visited many times over a few decades and loved it as well. We have lived here since moving in 2012 and love it even more than when we visited. That is because you can discover many more great things when you are here full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay