Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

St. Petersburg girl killed by SUV, father in jail

This child's life was ended by her own father and even though it may have been an accident this father drove again with a suspended license.

The mom was standing close by and witnessed it and it is a tragedy but the story doesn't say that the mom prevented or attempted to prevent the father from driving and the father had been caught 3 times before driving without a license and drugs were found in the car.

I wish there was a different way to stop people from driving who have a suspended license or revoked license.

Maybe it is time to have a car impounded from anyone caught driving without a license or revoked or suspended license and unless the car is stolen it shouldn't matter. If you loan your car to anyone else you should be responsible to know if that person has a valid license or deal with the consequences.

Sorry but all our premiums go up and up due to people making accidents and not having insurance and now again an innocent child's life ended by this person who didn't seem to care about anything else than himself and how he could get some place.

I hope he will be put a way for a long time even though he may be sorry and regret what he did, I think he will otherwise get behind the wheel in a heart beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 12:10 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,750 times
Your license can be suspended for a variety of reasons, what you are saying applies to people driving impaired which you can do with a valid license just the same.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:26 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,123,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

This child's life was ended by her own father and even though it may have been an accident this father drove again with a suspended license.

The mom was standing close by and witnessed it and it is a tragedy but the story doesn't say that the mom prevented or attempted to prevent the father from driving and the father had been caught 3 times before driving without a license and drugs were found in the car.

I wish there was a different way to stop people from driving who have a suspended license or revoked license.

Maybe it is time to have a car impounded from anyone caught driving without a license or revoked or suspended license and unless the car is stolen it shouldn't matter. If you loan your car to anyone else you should be responsible to know if that person has a valid license or deal with the consequences.

Sorry but all our premiums go up and up due to people making accidents and not having insurance and now again an innocent child's life ended by this person who didn't seem to care about anything else than himself and how he could get some place.

I hope he will be put a way for a long time even though he may be sorry and regret what he did, I think he will otherwise get behind the wheel in a heart beat.
Looking at his record, this was Brown's 23rd arrest. Seems he never spent more than a day in jail.
The Courts in Pinellas County seem to be blind.

Last edited by Spring Hillian; 09-26-2014 at 12:43 PM..

Old 09-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaPrice View Post
23rd summons or 23rd physical arrest?
Arrests. 23 arrests. Probation, probation.......................

Old 09-28-2014, 11:17 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:

"Maybe it is time to have a car impounded from anyone caught driving without a license"... it's more than time.

Until FL cracks down on this and takes the vehicle like other states do this will continue.

According to the article he was stopped 3 times last year, that shows not only is he driving without a license, but he is drawing attention to himself by speeding or other violations to get pulled over so frequently.

Yet the vehicle is never impounded. The driver gets arrested and a family/friend is allowed to get the car from the side of the road. Big deal, the "driver" gets out and continues driving.

But when you don't impound the car they keep driving. Because there really is no punishment or inconvenience. When their car is sitting in the impound lot for a large daily fee it is amazing how people can get their ducks in a row to get it back.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:44 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,282,661 times
Won't happen.

If they started doing that, the Tampa Bay Times would do a "Special 5-Part Series" on why the government hates minorities, poor people, etc. Then the professional hand-wringers would get involved, and everything would be rolled back.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:33 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
Won't happen.

If they started doing that, the Tampa Bay Times would do a "Special 5-Part Series" on why the government hates minorities, poor people, etc. Then the professional hand-wringers would get involved, and everything would be rolled back.
Nice!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:03 PM

91 posts, read 387,669 times
Somehow, I fear this guy will be out on the street in a month and back behind the wheel of the first car he can get his hands on, bag of weed in the console, just like this time.

No real punishment... just like the other 50 people that were arrested last night for driving with no valid license in the TB area. Most of them 3rd time + offenders... absurd. I never saw this when I lived in NJ or PA, the punishments were stiffer up there and they did impound your car. Here, people drive around with no license, no insurance, car is not registered... they do it over and over again with the minor inconvenience of being arrested, and the responsible people pay ridiculous insurance rates to shoulder the load the morons neglect. I guess if you have nothing to lose, neglecting simple, obvious responsibilities makes sense.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 PM

LEO'S can only make the arrests. It the judges who need to be removed and replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackacc View Post
Somehow, I fear this guy will be out on the street in a month and back behind the wheel of the first car he can get his hands on, bag of weed in the console, just like this time.

No real punishment... just like the other 50 people that were arrested last night for driving with no valid license in the TB area. Most of them 3rd time + offenders... absurd. I never saw this when I lived in NJ or PA, the punishments were stiffer up there and they did impound your car. Here, people drive around with no license, no insurance, car is not registered... they do it over and over again with the minor inconvenience of being arrested, and the responsible people pay ridiculous insurance rates to shoulder the load the morons neglect. I guess if you have nothing to lose, neglecting simple, obvious responsibilities makes sense.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,009 times
Quote:

Honestly, I think it is really mind blowing to see how many violations just fly by here in FL! I don't understand why this guy had access to a vehicle? after all his previous arrests? How is this possible? Where is the law enforcement? This is just sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: