Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 05:32 PM

27 posts, read 33,536 times

Advertisements

We're looking at moving into one of those marina communities with our sailboat and found that the bay side of St. Petersburg is a lot cheaper than the ocean-side. Is that because there's a lot of crime or just not a fun and more or a boring residential scene?

We really like the Treasure Island scene, it's just too bad it's so expensive and all the real estate's been turned into condos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 07:43 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,295,331 times
When you say "the bay side of St Pete", are you referring to Coquina Key south of St Pete? In that case, yes, the quality of the neighborhood (crime, schools, etc) is the main reason it is such a bargain. Search this forum for "Coquina" tp read many previous threads on the topic.

I don't think the waterfront properties north of St Pete are very cheap (i.e. Snell Isle), but I could be wrong.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 AM

663 posts, read 1,138,104 times
I live on Treasure Island, and it's mostly single family homes. Isle of Palm, Isle of Capri, Paradise Island , and Sunset Beach are mostly single family. Sunset is mixed with multi family being next to Single family, but the other 3 islands only have mixed use on the front of the islands. As soon as you get onto the fingers it's all single family.
I don't know what you consider expensive, but you Are looking at waterfront. The house across the street from me just sold for $414,000. It's 2/2 with a 1 car garage. Its four houses from the end of the finger, so view is fantastic. It's in beautiful shape though outdated. The lots are 70x 120, which are large compared to most of the other beach communities in Pinellas.
I think the Bay side is cheaper, because of just that, it's The Bay side. Even if your not on the water, but within walking distance to the beach, real estate is going to be more expensive.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 PM

94 posts, read 154,181 times
OK ,SO you want to tell your friends you live on the beech? or you want to sail? I grew up on the south side of st pete. left in "75" for Alaska we are ready to winter bird it at 60. I sail/boat/fly so The bay side as you call it is for us. We bought on the road leading to Coquina Key. we have a deep water dock no bridges to open water (Tampa Bay) I do not know were you would sail in TI? You would have to stay in the channels or go under Johns Pass to the Gulf to sail. IMO there are two great sailing bays in the U.S. San Fran and Tampa Bay. Heres the deal on the south side, if you are bothered by Black People than you can not do the south side of St.Pete. I for one would rather live by Black AMERICANS than people with green cards/ ect ect P.M. me I know of a really nice deep water/ dock house on Big Bayou. for a lot less than you would pay to say "I live on TI."

Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 12,477 times
Isla, TV, Pasadena

Old 10-01-2014, 11:12 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,448,803 times
Homes for sale at The Cove at Loggerhead Marina in St Petersburg, Florida - Taylor Morrison

Here is a nice community by Taylor Morrison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay